Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

What do you think the whole day??

So, I wanted to ask the members, what they think or feel the whole day or just a certain event, when they find their day not so pleasant, is it all negative, or still believe some good thing is gonna be happen in the remaining part, exactly what you think in such situations?
  3. Contributing User

Originally Posted by swapnil7
    So, I wanted to ask the members, what they think or feel the whole day or just a certain event, when they find their day not so pleasant, is it all negative, or still believe some good thing is gonna be happen in the remaining part, exactly what you think in such situations?
    I keep on thinking "Come on... just some euros away from my new flamethrower... just some euros away"...

Just kidding.
  5. Confused badger
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

When my day at work's not going so great, I concentrate on just getting with the task at hand until I can go home and spend time with my family. Just knowing that whatever happens at work will go away when I see their faces is what keeps me going.

Oh and like Mauro said, saving up for a new "toy", in my case, it's a Rocket Launcher. Haha, not really. Ok, it is really ....

Comments on this post

• codergeek42 agrees
    "For if leisure and security were enjoyed by all alike, the great mass of human beings who are normally stupefied by poverty would become literate and would learn to think for themselves; and when once they had done this, they would sooner or later realise that the privileged minority had no function and they would sweep it away"
    - George Orwell, 1984
  7. Contributing User

Originally Posted by badger_fruit
    When my day at work's not going so great, I concentrate on just getting with the task at hand until I can go home and spend time with my family. Just knowing that whatever happens at work will go away when I see their faces is what keeps me going.

Oh and like Mauro said, saving up for a new "toy", in my case, it's a Rocket Launcher. Haha, not really. Ok, it is really ....
    Some people still thinking I'm a pyro. WHY?
    Also a tranq-dart pistol would prove useful. But instead of tranq, I would fill it with gas or benzin then... then... then... (shaking) FIRE!!!!!! MUAHAHAHAHAHA

Really... not pyro. :P

Yeah, sometimes when work sucks you know your family is always there. In my case I live far away since I'm still studying, but well my guinea pig still waits for me at home. And yells as soon as I enter with that MANIAC sound "wheeeeek wheeeek wheeeek" like saying "Hey fella I know you're having the worst day, taxes are high and difficult to pay, it's raining outside and you're wet, The Mission won't come to play again on your poor country until five or seven years, Sinatra has already died, and you just have sold your left kidney for some money but, come on, feed me fella... feed me... feed me! food goes here! come on come on come on FEED ME I'M STARRRRRVING IN THE RAIN".

So, it's like having my mother behind me with her hair dryer telling me "Then she told me - you're not going to believe it! - that if you soak potatoes a long time, first, before frying them, they become more soft and then you can make the same with... hey go and buy me some potatoes... go now! you're always lying there! come on! you look like a vegetable, move a little bit more!"

"Sir yes sir"...

Or having my little sister behind me "Hey play with me! Hey what is that! Why can't I touch it? Why such a boring thing like this machine is so expensive? I won't break it!" - CRASH

(Convulsions). (Left Eye closing repeatedly and fast). (Right eye making horizontal moves without matching the left's direction).
  9. Confused badger

Originally Posted by MauroEldritch
    my guinea pig still waits for me at home. And yells as soon as I enter with that MANIAC sound "wheeeeek wheeeek wheeeek" like saying "Hey fella I know you're having the worst day, taxes are high and difficult to pay, it's raining outside and you're wet, The Mission won't come to play again on your poor country until five or seven years, Sinatra has already died, and you just have sold your left kidney for some money but, come on, feed me fella... feed me... feed me! food goes here! come on come on come on FEED ME I'M STARRRRRVING IN THE RAIN".
    Hmm, are you sure that your guinea pig and my cat aren't one and the same? The little b***h does the same to me (except she has the ability to climb up to face height and make real with the death threats if we persist in not feeding her).

At first, I thought it was "oh, hai daddy, it's great you're home now, I can has cuddles?" but given the severe biting I get if I try to pick her up, I figure it's something else.
    "For if leisure and security were enjoyed by all alike, the great mass of human beings who are normally stupefied by poverty would become literate and would learn to think for themselves; and when once they had done this, they would sooner or later realise that the privileged minority had no function and they would sweep it away"
    - George Orwell, 1984
  11. Contributing User

Hmm, are you sure that your guinea pig and my cat aren't one and the same? The little b***h does the same to me (except she has the ability to climb up to face height and make real with the death threats if we persist in not feeding her).

At first, I thought it was "oh, hai daddy, it's great you're home now, I can has cuddles?" but given the severe biting I get if I try to pick her up, I figure it's something else.
    Hahaha. Something like "Hey buddy... seems you're in the wrong place at wrong time... Now feed me, or prepare yourself for a ninja combo ultra deadly strike".

13. Confused badger

Hahaha. Something like "Hey buddy... seems you're in the wrong place at wrong time... Now feed me, or prepare yourself for a ninja combo ultra deadly strike".

Yes, although she's not bothered for stealth and I actually believe she wants the fame etc associated with being a serial killer.

Although try to get her to catch her own dinner and boy, are you in a world of hurt
    - George Orwell, 1984
  15. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

My son (not quite three) has recently started saying to me "Daddy ... you're my buddy!"

I have a framed photo to my left of him sitting under a shade tree, a framed photo to my right of him riding the Jolly Trolly at Children's Fairyland and a photo taped to my desktop of him holding the book "Go, Dog Go!" with the biggest smile on his face.

And if thinking happy dad thoughts doesn't work I can also look forward to good old fashioned violence by playing Borderlands 2 when I have the time.

Hugs or thugs, one of 'em works.

:-)

Comments on this post

• codergeek42 agrees : Aaawww, right in the feels. :3
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  17. Contributing User

Originally Posted by medialint
    My son (not quite three) has recently started saying to me "Daddy ... you're my buddy!"

I have a framed photo to my left of him sitting under a shade tree, a framed photo to my right of him riding the Jolly Trolly at Children's Fairyland and a photo taped to my desktop of him holding the book "Go, Dog Go!" with the biggest smile on his face.

And if thinking happy dad thoughts doesn't work I can also look forward to good old fashioned violence by playing Borderlands 2 when I have the time.

Hugs or thugs, one of 'em works.

:-)
    Nice stimpack!

Badger: We're in trouble. They will dominate us all. Let's hide in a remote still-communist country and meet again in a year with different faces.

Or let's just watch them closer. My guinea pig's hunting skills are awesome: he just follows me until I give him some lettuce. Then he follows me again making his noise (wheek wheek) until I then again give him some carrot. Then again and again until I start ignoring him after a few more dishes of food. (No, don't take the condition on this loop to be "until the animal is full"... HE NEVER GETS FULL... it's now like a guinea cow, or a four-legged ChewBacca).
  19. Confused badger

don't take the condition on this loop to be "until the animal is full"... HE NEVER GETS FULL... it's now like a guinea cow, or a four-legged ChewBacca).
    OMG, you really do have my cat in guinea pig format ... ermagerd, it's looking at me again ..... /cries
    - George Orwell, 1984
  21. Contributing User

OMG, you really do have my cat in guinea pig format ... ermagerd, it's looking at me again ..... /cries
    RUN!

Haha. I gotta tell you, yesterday I went home remembering this thread, then I let both my rabbit and my guinea pig out of their cage.

They're cute in fact, but now my phone sounds like a WWII russian radio, caused by a suspicious bite in the cable.

What a mess they cause with just a few minutes available!

And they're not as psycho as a non-stopping-looking-at-you cat.

But, I have a triton (salamander) on a fish bowl, over the table, and aside two (axolotes? how would they be named in english), axolotl?. Whenever they see or feel movement (me sitting on the pc for example, and writing on the keyboard that is in the same table) they get to the nearest glass wall and keep watching. That's scary too.

And believe me, I'm the kind of guy who plays Slender and get sleep over the keyboard. But that can rip out the fear-slayer I have inside... #TrueStory :P

Anyway, that's another thing I use to think on my way back home: Did they morphed already? (Axolotl) Oh men are they still alive? GOD WHY DO YOU HATE ME! (Guinea and rabbit)

Anyway 2: If you have time, watch my video on youtube called "Rabbit grooming guinea pig" or something like that. YOu'll see that they may be seen like saints... but are the devil itself...
  23. Contributing User

RUN!

Haha. I gotta tell you, yesterday I went home remembering this thread, then I let both my rabbit and my guinea pig out of their cage.

They're cute in fact, but now my phone sounds like a WWII russian radio, caused by a suspicious bite in the cable.

What a mess they cause with just a few minutes available!

And they're not as psycho as a non-stopping-looking-at-you cat.

But, I have a triton (salamander) on a fish bowl, over the table, and aside two (axolotes? how would they be named in english), axolotl?. Whenever they see or feel movement (me sitting on the pc for example, and writing on the keyboard that is in the same table) they get to the nearest glass wall and keep watching. That's scary too.

And believe me, I'm the kind of guy who plays Slender and get sleep over the keyboard. But that can rip out the fear-slayer I have inside... #TrueStory :P

Anyway, that's another thing I use to think on my way back home: Did they morphed already? (Axolotl) Oh men are they still alive? GOD WHY DO YOU HATE ME! (Guinea and rabbit)

Anyway 2: If you have time, watch my video on youtube called "Rabbit grooming guinea pig" or something like that. YOu'll see that they may be seen like saints... but are the devil itself...
  25. Confused badger

wow, it sounds like you have your hands full with all these creatures!! My cat and dog are the only things we have, the dog sleeps atop his "big pink dog" and just gets so crazy when I get home but other then that, like now for instance, he's just chillin out.

As for the axolotl, they're awesome!

Oh, we have some fish, some z-carp, goldfish and some orfs, they live outside though and with it coming up to winter, we only really see them on Saturday (feeding day).

Never heard of Slender but I googled it and it's a free game so am downloading now!!
    - George Orwell, 1984
  27. Contributing User

wow, it sounds like you have your hands full with all these creatures!! My cat and dog are the only things we have, the dog sleeps atop his "big pink dog" and just gets so crazy when I get home but other then that, like now for instance, he's just chillin out.

As for the axolotl, they're awesome!

Oh, we have some fish, some z-carp, goldfish and some orfs, they live outside though and with it coming up to winter, we only really see them on Saturday (feeding day).

Never heard of Slender but I googled it and it's a free game so am downloading now!!
    Yes, I was born on the country/fields so, Im used to be surrounded by animals. Sadly I can't have dogs, I have few time for big and demanding animals
    Indeed, they're are still creepy while watching you from the fish bowl. It's a lot like Lovecraft's Cthulhu or Dagon tales. (Dagon, not to be confused with 'dragon').

Yeah that's why I have chosen them as my first pets for my home, no sounds, no disturbing smells, no anything. And I feed them every two days.

About the game yeah! IT'S FREE (Lacking the meme here) and it seems good. I wanted to develop something like that but on valve's Engine (A MOD, we can say, like TFC, Ricochet, etc).

Great games were developed using Valve's engines (yeah, plural), like L4D. So, why not to port/mod Slender.

I'll add it to the project section, what do you think? (Once you have tried it, let me know what you think).

A strange survival horror it is, no weapons, only one menace, only one enemy, and the main horror effect provided by enviroment itself.

Hope you like it! And if you have kids, keep them away, it a nightmare failproof provider.
  29. Confused badger

Well, I didn't do too great with Slender lol, I went right from the start and came to a building with only a chair in it, then when I left it all went nuts and I died :S

I also think that I should try it on another computer as the one I played it on gets about -200 fps on the game It's an Aspire Revo so only really good for Youtube/internet browsing ... as for a port, well why not lol

Just make it better than FEAR which, although scary in places was pretty dire.

Anyway, attached is a pic of the dog
    Attached Images
    - George Orwell, 1984
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo