1. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I have a habit of flashing the BIOS and having my logo (see avatar) along with contact info come up with the computer boots. Since a lot of smash and run thieves wouldn't know how to undo that it's almost it's own anti-theft device ;-)
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  3. Registered User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by edman007
    because they do it right, and that's part of the reason why they cost more, they spend money on looks where few other companies will as it affects price without making the computer that much better, they do the same with the OS
    Their designs indeed look nice, but that shouldn't be a reason why you buy theirs instead of others.

One of the main reasons why iPod succeded was because of their white design. Other manufacturers had HDD-based mp3 players, yet they never experienced the success of iPods. As much as I hate iPods, their strategy is commendable.
  5. EXOH
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by pmam21
    Their designs indeed look nice, but that shouldn't be a reason why you buy theirs instead of others.

One of the main reasons why iPod succeded was because of their white design. Other manufacturers had HDD-based mp3 players, yet they never experienced the success of iPods. As much as I hate iPods, their strategy is commendable.
    It's always about the "whites" being successful...

Comments on this post

• Dictionary agrees : pun? whatever it's called. lol
    Last edited by illEATurHARTout; October 7th, 2005 at 11:19 PM.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Brony & F/OSS Advocate

Originally Posted by pmam21
    Why do people like Apple designs so much? Some woman on the electronics shop today was buying Apple computer just because she likes how their monitors look like.
    I'm guessing it's the same reason I love Red Hat's artwork so much: It's a lot of eye candy and pretty things; yet it's not enough eye candy to be distracting in anyway and lets the user get his or her work done quickly.
    ~~ Peter ~~ :: ( Who am I? ) :: ( Peter's Musings: Uploading myself, bit by bit... ) :: ( Electronic Frontier Foundation ) :: ( I'm a GNU/Linux addict and Free Software Advocate. ) :: ( How to Ask Questions the Smart Way ) :: ( The Fedora Project, sponsored by Red Hat ) :: ( GNOME: The Free Software Desktop Project ) :: ( GnuPG Public Key ) :: ( About me on the WIki )
  9. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

you can get these from various stores. Some online sticker printing companies also offers these in very inexpensive rates. i have got my personal laptop stickers from a sticker printing web site.
  11. Banned (not really)

"various stores" ... got it. Good enough reason for a seven year bump, eh?
    -- Cigars, whiskey and wild, wild women. --
  13. Sarcky

You asked this question before etsy custom laptop stickers were even a thing. I thought at first that you were being really dense.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  15. Banned (not really)

Lol...Yeah, a bit dated. Nice example of a thread from the "old days" though. I still have and use the T43 daily. The wife's R-whatever died a few years ago.
  17. Sarcky

Man, I loved my t43. Or t42. Something like that. The one just before they started offering the fingerprint reader.

New job has given me the dell latitude e6510. I really really like it. gorgeous screen, quad core processor, good battery life, solid all-around performance.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  19. Banned (not really)

42, probably. The 43 has the fingerprint reader.
  21. Type Cast Exception

When last I posted in this thread I was a DIY "I'll build my own #$(%*#% PC thank you" and now ... I have a Mac for my personal use.

And that's about the least amount of change in my life in the last seven years :-)
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  23. Banned (not really)

Little flashbacks like this are fun. I guess I have to thank the troll.
  25. I <3 ASCII
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by Sepodati
    I guess I have to thank the troll.
    Never ever do that, if you be nice to them they'll think you're friends, then they'll want to hang out and they'll end up eating your goats.

-MBirchmeier
  27. Banned (not really)

You would have a point if I had any goats. I only have kids.
  29. Lord of Dorkness

Central New York. Texan via Arizona, out of his element!
    I had kids, too, so I cultivated a troll. Bingo.
    Functionality rules and clarity matters; if you can work a little elegance in there, you're stylin'.
    If you can't spell "u", "ur", and "ne1", why would I hire you? 300 baud modem? Forget I mentioned it.
    DaWei on Pointers Politically Incorrect.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo