Thread: Disappointing

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Disappointing

It is quite disappointing to see that you are being labeled as a spammer. Much more when you are just relatively new and as a defense for myself, I haven't really spammed that any posts. Check my posts and see if I did because I haven't even reached 20 posts yet and I'm considered a spammer already. Such a disappointment.
  3. Transforming Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Do you deny what Scorpions4ever said?
    Scorpions4ever disagrees: You're quite the character. Pretending to be from San Diego, registered via UK, marketing an aussie domain, but are from Iligan City Philippines. Why are you so ashamed of your beautiful country that you have to lie about where you are from?
  5. No Profile Picture

I can't deny that but I have my reasons. Honestly, I get banned from most forums because they find out I'm from the Philippines that is why I do what I do. Just something about living in this sort of country makes people think that I am nuisance and sometimes they even call me a terrorist such that, they will ban my account with no reason whatsoever. That is irritating and a bit insulting on my part.

Comments on this post

• Scorpions4ever disagrees : Somehow I don't believe your story at all. I call shenanigans.
    • ChiefWigs1982 agrees
  7. No Profile Picture
    Brony & F/OSS Advocate

Originally Posted by jonasmarsh621
    I can't deny that but I have my reasons.
    Falsifying who you are is not a great way to earn trust or respect.

...BUT, we are sensible people. A simple logical explanation will go quite far in alleviating our concerns. What are these reasons you speak of?

(Edit: If you feel these need to be more confidential for some reason, please just PM myself or a fellow moderator/admin; and we won't disclose it further.)
    Last edited by codergeek42; December 10th, 2012 at 01:21 AM.
    ~~ Peter ~~ :: ( Who am I? ) :: ( Peter's Musings: Uploading myself, bit by bit... ) :: ( Electronic Frontier Foundation ) :: ( I'm a GNU/Linux addict and Free Software Advocate. ) :: ( How to Ask Questions the Smart Way ) :: ( The Fedora Project, sponsored by Red Hat ) :: ( GNOME: The Free Software Desktop Project ) :: ( GnuPG Public Key ) :: ( About me on the WIki )
  9. No Profile Picture

First of all thank you @requinix for being that much of a moderator. I meant that in a good way. Keep it up.

Yes, I know that falsifying about the place where I live isn't a great way to earn peoples trust but at the moment this is all I got. The only false info on my profile is the place.

Anyway, it seems that Scorpions4ever is on my behind a lot and that he wants me out of here so might as well do so.

I learned a lot of things during my stay here. I'll keep it all in mind. More power to you guys.
  11. Banned ;)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    Anyway, it seems that Scorpions4ever is on my behind a lot and that he wants me out of here so might as well do so.
    If I was really "on your behind a lot" and wanted you out of here, I would have banned you right away. I haven't done that, nor issued a warning and I've only disagreed on one other post that you made (the last disagree was worth 0 points if you'd checked), so it is your call mate.

Comments on this post

• ManiacDan agrees
    • codergeek42 agrees
    Last edited by Scorpions4ever; December 10th, 2012 at 02:25 AM.
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo
  13. Banned (not really)

Don't let the door hit ya in the *** on the way out.
    -- Cigars, whiskey and wild, wild women. --
  15. Contributing User

I don't get it, really? Why would anyone care where someone is from in the first place. Speaking ones mind and being both helpful and friendly is the key here. Also being open and honest is the key to gaining trust in all of life's situation. That is a standard lesson everywhere in the world, or so I had thought.

Just my 2 cents for what it is worth...
  17. Sarcky

I don't get it, really? Why would anyone care where someone is from in the first place.
    Because...
    being open and honest is the key to gaining trust
    If someone has an impossible location, we don't trust them.

Doesn't much matter now, our new friend from (apparently) the Phillipines has left due to the unconscionable harassment of not one, but TWO little red squares. Clearly a light challenge of his false statements is more than enough to drive him from the site henceforth.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  19. Contributing User

I really feel that there is more there than was said by him and that something more was being hidden as well too. Maybe someone was getting to close or etc....Oh well time to just move on I guess.
  21. Type Cast Exception

For the record, I really do live in Fairyland :-)
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  23. Banned ;)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    I can't deny that but I have my reasons. Honestly, I get banned from most forums because they find out I'm from the Philippines that is why I do what I do. Just something about living in this sort of country makes people think that I am nuisance and sometimes they even call me a terrorist such that, they will ban my account with no reason whatsoever. That is irritating and a bit insulting on my part.
    Never heard of anyone calling a Filipino a terrorist out here in So Cal (I should know as I hang out with a lot of Filipinos). I'm also pretty certain that at least 90% of the guys here on the forum think that a MILF is a hot woman they'd like to hook up with (click on the link if you're confused about what else a MILF could be).
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo
  25. Providing fuel for space ships

Originally Posted by Scorpions4ever
    Never heard of anyone calling a Filipino a terrorist out here in So Cal (I should know as I hang out with a lot of Filipinos). I'm also pretty certain that at least 90% of the guys here on the forum think that a MILF is a hot woman they'd like to hook up with (click on the link if you're confused about what else a MILF could be).
    I think I'll stick to the definition of MILF that I've always thought of

Anyway, not quite sure why forums would ban members straight out when they discover they originate from The Philippines - I don't frequent other forums often, so, is this the case !? Or was it all BS !?
    The No Ma'am commandments:

1.) It is O.K. to call hooters 'knockers' and sometimes snack trays
    2.) It is wrong to be French
    3.) It is O.K. to put all bad people in a giant meat grinder
    4.) Lawyers, see rule 3
    5.) It is O.K. to drive a gas guzzler if it helps you get babes
    6.) Everyone should car pool but me
    7.) Bring back the word 'stewardesses'
    8.) Synchronized swimming is not a sport
    9.) Mud wrestling is a sport
  27. Contributing User

Originally Posted by aitken325i
    Anyway, not quite sure why forums would ban members straight out when they discover they originate from The Philippines - I don't frequent other forums often, so, is this the case !? Or was it all BS !?
    For the record, not entirely BS.

I remember being IP-banned before from an emulation gaming forum because my IP fell in their "ban-pool". Apparently, some forums have experienced bad traffic from IPs coming from the Philippines (and some other developing countries), so they ban them immediately as countermeasure.

The administrators did say they were sorry for the inconvenience and they admitted their method is quite unfair for genuine members coming from said locations, but to reduce the massive bad traffic their forum was receiving, that was their solution for the time being.

By any means though, it was not a personal or racist attack nor do I take it as such. Just unfortunate circumstance.
  29. Sarcky

Apparently, some forums have experienced bad traffic from IPs coming from the Philippines (and some other developing countries), so they ban them immediately as countermeasure.
    I worked for a social network for years which banned most of asia as a general rule. With the chinese government actively attacking US based businesses, you can't really blame them.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo