1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

[[off-topic messages split from this thread --ManiacDan]]

#1 - I can't believe this issue is still open. Is the OP even paying attention?

#2 - Why is he serializing an array?

#3 - Why do we care since he's not here?
    Last edited by ManiacDan; September 30th, 2013 at 12:41 PM.
  3. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by jimmyg999
    #1 - I can't believe this issue is still open. Is the OP even paying attention?

#2 - Why is he serializing an array?

#3 - Why do we care since he's not here?
    1) It's only been 2 days, OP could be busy or have a job other than programming this code.

2) For short term storage, code sleeping, cookie manipulation, message passing, memcache, etc.

3) Problems are problems, regardless of how long they've been a problem. This thread isn't from 1996, it's from Saturday. I think we can wait a couple of business days to see if OP will return. Are you positive you replied to your own threads within this much time?
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

1 - It's much close to 3 days.
    2 - He's serializing something (which I don't know anything about!) but he has difficulty reading an array?
    3 - Yes!! Cause when I have to post something, I want an answer. When I post something, I still continue to go searching for an answer while waiting to see if someone can help me before I can find it. (I usually only post something after I've exhausted myself, either thru research or time spent.) And since I have a phone I get notified as soon as someone replies.
  7. Sarcky

With an initial post late on a Friday afternoon, it's not uncommon to wait until Tuesday to hear from OP again. Some people's jobs are more demanding and don't allow constant forum access.

Serialization is a method of turning an object or array into a string so it can be passed between applications or stored temporarily. Since he's working with Arrays, serialize() is a perfectly acceptable function to be using.

If you don't know much about it, check out the [phpnet=serialize]manual[/phpnet]
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  9. CSS & JS/DOM Adept

Originally Posted by jimmyg999
    3 - Yes!! Cause when I have to post something, I want an answer. When I post something, I still continue to go searching for an answer while waiting to see if someone can help me before I can find it. (I usually only post something after I've exhausted myself, either thru research or time spent.) And since I have a phone I get notified as soon as someone replies.
    I tend to act like that for threads I've started too, but not everyone uses forums the same way. Once in a while someone will even take several weeks before coming back and responding to the replies they got.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo