1. Mobbing Gangster
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

"Best City" 2002 and 2003- Melbourne, Australia

what is up with doubled threads?

Hey there,
    Well I have noticed way too many doubled threads (and sometimes posts) lately. Especially today - there are 6 users who have started their thread twice,three times or for times, if not more then that.
    Are there any changes going on? Because not that long ago I remeber admins blocked access for some time saying 'there is some updating...' but nothing like that today (at least I've missed it)
    And you know I mean that.
  3. Is a Psycho
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Heya Al,

I wasn't too sure where to put that post about *nix security, so I put it in both "security" and "linux" forums... but yeah, I have noticed some people posting the same thread in the one area (like "PHP" for example) up to 8 or more times and without anything in the threads themselves.

I am curious as well now.

God Bless
    Scott
    deepspring

- "Netscape 4 users are like lemmings... You can't help but laugh when one falls off a cliff"
  5. Mobbing Gangster

deepsring, I wasn't talking about posting same thread in all areas it is realated to (like you did - which is perfectly fine as long as it is not too often0.
    As you pointed out, we see too many 4x,5x,8x of the same thread and that makes me think something is wrong with engine. Plus I did not get any extra points to my post count (not that I care though) today at all, even though I've posted 4-5 replies.... Another thing was going on is that whenever I submit reply, talbe with posts refreshes (that is my post goes to thread) but threads table remains the same (that is same # of replies and I am not a last poster)
    weird stuff is going on... so I am wondering ...
  7. Is a Psycho

The database (if they'e using MySQL) might be reaching its limit and needs to be cleared or some of the threads need to be archived?

Just a thought...
    deepspring

- "Netscape 4 users are like lemmings... You can't help but laugh when one falls off a cliff"
  9. Mobbing Gangster

nuh... I seriously doubt that, since I've seen way more load per table and definitelly more info, and they were flying pretty fast and safe.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Apprentice Deity
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

Niagara Falls (On the wrong side of the gorge)
    Nah, I think it has to do with how slow the forums have been responding. People just keep submitting their posts.
  13. Is a Psycho

Would transactions or "table locking" help curb that problem?

Just wondering... for future reference...
    deepspring

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo