1. A Change of Season
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Downsides of having a joint bank account with someone who has bad credit record?

What are the downsides of having a joint bank account with someone who has bad credit record?
  3. Wiser? Not exactly.
    Devshed God 2nd Plane (6000 - 6499 posts)

Someone who presumably is bad with money having access to your money seems like a rather big down side. I'm far from an expert but I don't think there would really be any other issues. It shouldn't affect your record directly as a bank account isn't a form of credit that is reported.
    Recycle your old CD's

If I helped you out, show some love with some reputation, or tip with Bitcoins to 1N645HfYf63UbcvxajLKiSKpYHAq2Zxud
  5. A Change of Season
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by kicken
    Someone who presumably is bad with money having access to your money seems like a rather big down side. I'm far from an expert but I don't think there would really be any other issues. It shouldn't affect your record directly as a bank account isn't a form of credit that is reported.
    Well, the thing is all Gateways are under my name and control.

From GW we transfer to the bank. He wants both our names there "just in case".
  7. Backwards Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

That sounds ominous. Don't do it. If the "just in case" is like for death or something then set that up specifically with paperwork.

But I believe kicken's right: the bank account doesn't really care so much if someone has bad credit (bad credit is about not paying money to debtors, but the bank already has your money) and you're more likely to have problems with the human than the bank.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo