• Hate it?
    2.38%
  • Indifferent
    23  54.76%
Page 3 of 3 First 123
  • Jump to page:
  1. Just another guy
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Maybe I'm just not finding it, but where in eBay's guidelines does it say you can't sell items that are free elsewhere? Why would that be a problem? I could see if the item you were selling (ie, devshed membership, or game account) had some restrictions about transferring, but I didn't think eBay had a problem with selling just because you could have gotten it for free...
    --Dave--

U2kgSG9jIExlZ2VyZSBTY2lzLCBOaW1pdW0gRXJ1ZGl0aW9uaXMgSGFiZXM=

My hobby: collecting US coins
  3. They call me geek here........

Originally Posted by ChiefWigs1982
    I wonder what the t-shirts they are making will be. I want one with
    this pic on:

and a caption saying: "BBQ That!"

That would be nice.......

I think they are pretty plain, just NPower tests and ashes 2005 or something like that written on them.

@Karsh It wasn't these items that i reported him for it was other items like illegal mp3 DVD's but no joy (actually i think one add was pulled), he is just trying his luck.
    Last edited by Profftnt; September 12th, 2005 at 03:33 PM.
    Did this help? If so, please add to my Reputation by clicking the at the top of this post

My Folding: -

5. It
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by karsh44
    Maybe I'm just not finding it, but where in eBay's guidelines does it say you can't sell items that are free elsewhere? Why would that be a problem? I could see if the item you were selling (ie, devshed membership, or game account) had some restrictions about transferring, but I didn't think eBay had a problem with selling just because you could have gotten it for free...
    Well yea. If you can sell autographs, that pretty much proves that.

I wasn't suggesting the US is actually stingy, it's just how I read that post. Obviously, eBay is huge in the States in particular, which is why I read it that way. That said, as was pointed out, the 'charity' in the States is apparently exceptionally self-obsessed, not just for lack of international donation but within the country too. People most donate to whatever's right round the corner, even if they're really rich and living in a really rich area with really rich charities. Never mind people starving and dying, let's bring the richest kids in the world more artistic opportunities, or a more expensive place to worship God. Because God would choose shiny churches and a few million wasted lives over genuine international compassion, right?

I know this sounds like it's all directed at the US, but it's not. I hate most of what America now represents, but I'm not anti-American. I don't think the average US citizens are much more a bunch of jackasses than those in the UK. At the end of the day, we're all a bit crap.

One of these days I'm going to write a post that doesn't end with a depressing rant.
  7. Crypto-Con
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by Profftnt
    Just a thought, [a bit off topic] if some one on devshed was to sell mebership to this place - marketed as a bottemless pit of programing expirence and advice you think someone will buy it? even though its free?

The reason i ask is my collegue likes a quick scam on ebay (no matter how much i warn him against it), and he is currently selling DVD's that can be obtained freely - and people are buying them! as they relate to the current "ashes" test series between England and Australia (which England won ) so people are buying them.
    I've tripped across all kinda of interesting free stuff being sold on CD's and such..... weird....

Your DS account idea sounds like people in that role-playing game, whaddyacallit, that run up big accounts then sell them....
    - "Cryptographically secure linear feedback shift register based stream ciphers" -- a phrase that'll get any party started.
    - Why know the ordinary when you can understand the extraordinary?
    - Sponsor my caffeine addiction! (36.70 USD received so far -- Latest donor: Mark Foxvog.
    )
  9. It

Originally Posted by B-Con
    I've tripped across all kinda of interesting free stuff being sold on CD's and such..... weird....

Your DS account idea sounds like people in that role-playing game, whaddyacallit, that run up big accounts then sell them....
    Haha. I can see it now...
    "Prominent Devshed trolling account for sale. Too many thousands of posts, infamous status, alias B-Con. Who will give me $5? Okay, how about a sandwich?"
  11. They call me geek here........

Originally Posted by BurningSnowman
    Haha. I can see it now...
    "Prominent Devshed trolling account for sale. Too many thousands of posts, infamous status, alias B-Con. Who will give me $5? Okay, how about a sandwich?"
    That would be intresting a sandwich......ummmm nice, what type? he may just consider it.....
    Did this help? If so, please add to my Reputation by clicking the at the top of this post

My Folding: -

13. kill 9, $$;

15. mod_dev_shed

Yet another Lounge thread turned completely useless as it goes off-topic

* unsubscribes *

Comments on this post

• BurningSnowman agrees : My bad. Reading back, this one was almost entirely my fault.
    # Jeremy

Explain your problem instead of asking how to do what you decided was the solution.
  17. The Queen of Typos

Originally Posted by bluedragon
    I think Ebay is cool, however I have loads of friends that hate it or are scared they will be 'scamed'.

I have only bought a few items via Ebay in the past and never sold. (ebay.co.uk).

What's your opinion and experience on ebay?
    Do they make too much (after all they own paypal too!!!)?

My opinion is it's Excellent..a good web idea that "took off"
    Well done!
    I LOVE eBay. I first registered in 1997 and there was just a bunch of junk at that time. It is cool to see how much it's grown.

I do both buying and selling. I have had a few negative experiences, but for the most part it's been pretty good.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

eBay

EBay: the most popular online marketplace around the world. Any individual or business entity that wishes to do online trading can open their eBay shop. EBay allows everyone to do the online trading activities

Comments on this post

• Scorpions4ever disagrees : Sigh, another SEO who is so ashamed of his country that he has to lie about being from London. Why don't you admit you're from Mumbai?
  21. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Yes, I love EBAY. EBAY used to be the place to find gadgets at prices that can be negotiated. Now, there are a lot of sites that do just about the same thing as EBAY.

Comments on this post

• Scorpions4ever disagrees : You're quite the character. Pretending to be from San Diego, registered via UK, marketing an aussie domain, but are from Iligan City Philippines. Why are you so ashamed of your beautiful country that you have to lie about where you are from?
Page 3 of 3 First 123
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo