1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Favorite Web development resources

An assignment in my Intro to Web Design and Development class is to "Find Web resources on web development and design." Seeing as this is an intro course, I haven't really accumulated a lot of reliable resources yet. I could google and make a list of links, but I thought I would ask some developers instead. What are your favorite Web resources for Web development?
  3. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I use only 4 things:
    1) The PHP manual
    2) The MySQL manual
    3) The w3c website
    4) The addedBytes regular expression cheat sheet.

I also use, when necessary, the docs for whatever I happen to be working with, like the symfony2 docs, propel docs, and a site that has examples of all the jquery selectors because I can't remember that syntax to save my life
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  5. No Profile Picture

If you want some shortcuts to creating great sites, depending on the type of site, pick a CMS (like Wordpress) and become very comfortable with it.
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Following on what jorgecook said above, pick something with great documentation and a solid community (Django is my recommendation for tooth-cutting) and dig in deep like a tick. You'll eventually realize that nothing is perfect (not even Python/Django/Postgres, though they make for excellent role models) and that development is about manifesting your design vision into a working thing that people can actually use, and that involves picking the right tools for the job.

I think this concept is a bit stronger in the Django community than most other web communities, and so recommend it (the IRC channel, the main docs, the source itself, etc.) as a starting resource strongly. Many communities have a strong aversion to recommending other frameworks/languages/platforms even when their own really doesn't fit the job at hand, but I don't see this manifesting (as much) in Djangoland.

Anyway, I reckon forums.devshed.com and stackexchange.com are probably pretty darn good resources (along with your favorite web search engine, of course).
  9. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Tiza com as compare other reference this one is easy to understand.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo