1. 'fie' on me, allege-dly
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Who's up for the full FAQ on folding for DEV?

I'll ask questions
    --Ax
    without exception, there is no rule ...
    Handmade Irish Jewellery
    Targeted Advertising Cookie Optout (TACO) extension for Firefox
    The great thing about Object Oriented code is that it can make small, simple problems look like large, complex ones

09 F9 11 02
    9D 74 E3 5B
    D8 41 56 C5
    63 56 88 C0
    Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use regular expressions." Now they have two problems.
    -- Jamie Zawinski
    Detavil - the devil is in the detail, allegedly, and I use the term advisedly, allegedly ... oh, no, wait I did ...
    BIT COINS ANYONE
  3. sleeping guru
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by Axweildr

I'll ask questions
    That would be useful, i was thinking of starting to compile something for aspfree!
  5. Providing fuel for space ships

Have we not already got something like that over at DevH ??
  7. sleeping guru

Originally Posted by aitken325i
    Have we not already got something like that over at DevH ??
    Good point, there probably is...
  9. Wiser? Not exactly.
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

Up and running

Switched my desktop's client over to the devfolding team. Just completing the first two WU's was enough to put me far up on the ranking

Re-built my server over the weekend too (needed a bunch of upgrades) and went chose to install the client on it too, since my sites get little traffic and the cpu is almost always idle. Think I'll install the windows client here at work too. Be triple-timing it to the top soon

Entered my id in the options, not sure if I have enough points for a little icon though.
    Recycle your old CD's, don't just trash them

If I helped you out, show some love with some reputation, or tip with Bitcoins to 1N645HfYf63UbcvxajLKiSKpYHAq2Zxud
  11. sleeping guru

Originally Posted by kicken
    Switched my desktop's client over to the devfolding team. Just completing the first two WU's was enough to put me far up on the ranking

Re-built my server over the weekend too (needed a bunch of upgrades) and went chose to install the client on it too, since my sites get little traffic and the cpu is almost always idle. Think I'll install the windows client here at work too. Be triple-timing it to the top soon

Entered my id in the options, not sure if I have enough points for a little icon though.
    your first little icon should appear after you have completed your first WU. You will have to wait for the cron to update the forum db tho once you have input your number into the userCP
  13. Give us a kiss
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

Got it up and running over the weekend, problem is I can't get it to run with Football Manager 06 so I have to pause it any time I want to play and since I play most nights for at least an hour I'm losing out on precious folding time!

Risk Free Betting at Matched-Betting.com
  15. They call me geek here........
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Well my work system is working overtime as i am spending little time at the computer, can't run it at home - noisy fan , pitty really!.
    Did this help? If so, please add to my Reputation by clicking the at the top of this post

My Folding: -

17. sleeping guru

Originally Posted by bainser
    Got it up and running over the weekend, problem is I can't get it to run with Football Manager 06 so I have to pause it any time I want to play and since I play most nights for at least an hour I'm losing out on precious folding time!
    i had problems with footie manager 05 when i was running the gui but now that i am running the console i have no such issue. Are you running the gui or console?
  19. Providing fuel for space ships

I've been running FM 06 and F@H and it's running fine, that's even with other apps open at the same time. What problems are you having, bainser ??
  21. No Profile Picture
    Brony & F/OSS Advocate

Originally Posted by rep comment on my previous post in this thread
    RadioactiveFrog agrees: Cool, add your number in the userCP to get your blue protiens showing !!
    Just did. Now I play the waiting game until the cron updates my F@H on the forums.
    ~~ Peter ~~ :: ( Who am I? ) :: ( Peter's Musings: Uploading myself, bit by bit... ) :: ( Electronic Frontier Foundation ) :: ( I'm a GNU/Linux addict and Free Software Advocate. ) :: ( How to Ask Questions the Smart Way ) :: ( The Fedora Project, sponsored by Red Hat ) :: ( GNOME: The Free Software Desktop Project ) :: ( GnuPG Public Key ) :: ( About me on the WIki )
  23. Infernal Technomancer
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by Axweildr

I'll ask questions
    Pandaking's Ultimate Folding Thread tries to do that, though obviously it's a work in progress.

If anyone has stuff to add to that thread, feel free to PM me there, here, or elsewhere and I will get with panda and arrange the additions/modifications as necessary.
    Asker of questions and all-around annoying guy.

For difficult hardware problems, go to the Hard Side™-- DevHardware Forums
  25. Blowing up trees with my mind.
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

Where is your folding number? Been running a few days, got 3 unites done, but all I have is my team number, and my user id (which is Veamon). Says its supposed to be a 6 digit number, but I still dont have one.
  27. No Profile Picture
    Brony & F/OSS Advocate

Originally Posted by Veamon
    Where is your folding number? Been running a few days, got 3 [units] done, but all I have is my team number, and my user id (which is Veamon). Says its supposed to be a 6 digit number, but I still dont have one.
    Go here and click on your user name, then there should a line on the left column which reads "User: ######." That's what you want to enter into your options in the UserCP.

Comments on this post

• Veamon agrees : Thanks, they should make it obvious, like somewhere in the program itself.
    Last edited by codergeek42; January 9th, 2006 at 02:09 PM. Reason: Spelling fixed.
    ~~ Peter ~~ :: ( Who am I? ) :: ( Peter's Musings: Uploading myself, bit by bit... ) :: ( Electronic Frontier Foundation ) :: ( I'm a GNU/Linux addict and Free Software Advocate. ) :: ( How to Ask Questions the Smart Way ) :: ( The Fedora Project, sponsored by Red Hat ) :: ( GNOME: The Free Software Desktop Project ) :: ( GnuPG Public Key ) :: ( About me on the WIki )
  29. sleeping guru

Originally Posted by Veamon
    Where is your folding number? Been running a few days, got 3 unites done, but all I have is my team number, and my user id (which is Veamon). Says its supposed to be a 6 digit number, but I still dont have one.
    here is a direct link to your stats, your number to enter is 169078 !

Comments on this post

• codergeek42 agrees : Thanks.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo