1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Never knew Google was this fast!

Hi everyone,

This evening I posted a question on this forum, and after posting it I continued to Google for a solution.

I must say that I was astonished to find my very own post within the Google results, a mere 25 minutes later!

Talk about fast - I sure would like to know how they are able to get these results so fast. Perhaps through the use of the RSS feeds?

It baffles me that indexing this new post took so little time, given the amount of data out there on the internet.

Marlon
  3. Code Monkey V. 0.9
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

It all depends on where you post the question. Well, and how close you are to when the GoogleBot's do their indexing. For some high-profile sites, new additions can come up in 5-10 minutes because they are considered authority sites and are spidered regularly and frequently. Other sites are only indexed once a week, once a month... when ever, so these sites take longer to get new stuff into the listings.
  5. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Oooh are we high profile?

Yes it does index a lot of sites PDQ, news sites get botted within seconds it seems.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo