Thread: Help with Ideas

1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Help with Ideas

I am a developer who is having a hard time coming up with projects to build commercially. Does anyone have ideas/suggestions on finding inspiration or ideas? The only ideas I have are games, but I don't really have any desire to build games.

Any brainstorming would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
  3. Lounge Troll
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

Look around in your everyday life. If there's something you can see a website or app that could make life easier, create it.
    Codeinated
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by cody_e
    Look around in your everyday life. If there's something you can see a website or app that could make life easier, create it.
    Thanks for your help. The problem is I can't seem to get my head around anything.
  7. Lounge Troll
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

Originally Posted by Cybrknight
    Thanks for your help. The problem is I can't seem to get my head around anything.
    Then tie it to your emotions. What is something that really frustrates you that you think you could improve with technology?
    Codeinated
  9. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by cody_e
    Solid advice if I may say so. Don't try to think up the next big application, but look around you and see what you can improve.

OP, since you're a developer, think about your current or past projects, were there things that could have gone better? Could they be automated?

Also, don't think about a solution (I'll build a website, or I want to create an application) - look for problems. As soon as you found a problem, only then should you start thinking about how you should solve it.

Best of luck!

Marlon
  11. No Profile Picture

Thank you so much for your help.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo