1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Can somebody help me identify what form of Development this is?

Hi Everyone, new to the forum and I have my first question. I wish I knew the right place to post this so I figured I would start in the Lounge.

If you paste the link below into your browser you will be taken to an ad unit that appears to be a standard YouTube video.

assets.sharethrough.com/ad_units/6488.html

If you hover over the Share button on the top left you will see that it is actually not an ordinary YouTube video. It is a custom ad unit that allows you to share to Facebook, Twitter, etc right off of the video.

I am looking to have a similar concept developed - what skills should I look for in a developer? I am not sure what coding languages would be involved.

Please weigh in if you know the answer.

Thanks.
  3. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Welcome to DevShed Forums, moosh_money.

That's using JavaScript as well as some HTML and CSS to display that menu over the Flash video.

Please don't post the same question in multiple forums. Pick the one that you think is best and if you have second thoughts, ask a moderator to move your thread for you.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo