1. Wiser? Not exactly.
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

Welcome, glad to see some new blood in the network, and someone who cares about the devshed community!

I can honestly say I have not been around too much mainly because it hand seemed like the site had been abandoned and left to bit-rot and die. Now that it's been placed into the hands of someone who cares and wants to see the community thrive I will definitely start visiting again more often and I look forward to the coming improvements. Devshed was my first internet home so to speak and I would love to see it thriving again like it once was.

Comments on this post

• ChiefWigs1982 agrees : Same here...
    • jimsthoughts agrees : I'll do my best, and with help from people like you, we can do this! TY
    Recycle your old CD's, don't just trash them

If I helped you out, show some love with some reputation, or tip with Bitcoins to 1N645HfYf63UbcvxajLKiSKpYHAq2Zxud
  2. CEO, but responsible to u
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by kicken
    Welcome, glad to see some new blood in the network, and someone who cares about the devshed community!

I can honestly say I have not been around too much mainly because it hand seemed like the site had been abandoned and left to bit-rot and die. Now that it's been placed into the hands of someone who cares and wants to see the community thrive I will definitely start visiting again more often and I look forward to the coming improvements. Devshed was my first internet home so to speak and I would love to see it thriving again like it once was.
    Kicken, Thank you so much for coming back....it's so Great to see someone with your reputation and amount of information you've written here in the past, come back again, is so great.
    I'll do my best to not let you down, Thanks for coming back!
    Jim Boykin
  3. No Profile Picture

Hello devshed!

Hey everyone I am a IT administrator for a software company in Canada. I'm looking to share my knowledge and looking to learn from smarter people then myself. I mainly take care of windows boxes but I am comfortable in Linux. I also deal with a small network, backups and core services( dhcp, Dns, active directory). I am obsessed with making processes better at work and love to teach keen people about IT. I have a number of apple devices but still rely on Windows for my desktop and laptop.

Tis forum looks awesome and I look forward to being a active member.

Doogie

Comments on this post

• jimsthoughts agrees : Thanks for coming by and contributing Doogie! I hope this become a "home" for you.
  4. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Thedoogie
    Hey everyone I am a IT administrator for a software company in Canada. I'm looking to share my knowledge and looking to learn from smarter people then myself. I mainly take care of windows boxes but I am comfortable in Linux. I also deal with a small network, backups and core services( dhcp, Dns, active directory). I am obsessed with making processes better at work and love to teach keen people about IT. I have a number of apple devices but still rely on Windows for my desktop and laptop.

Tis forum looks awesome and I look forward to being a active member.

Doogie
    Welcome, hope you can find good support and also offer same.
  5. No Profile Picture

Hi everyone! Just wanted to drop in here and say hello. I run (and do!) IT operations for Jim at Internet Marketing Ninjas, and am working hard on bringing the DevShed sites up on new hardware.

I figured that I would give you all a quick rundown on my background. I remember coming by DevShed while in college, and was actually surprised not to have an 'esposj' account here already! That was over a 10 years ago now.

I'm an Open Source solutions guy. I leverage the large projects (Apache, Percona SQL Server, Ubuntu Linux, Samba, KVM Virtualization, Puppet etc) on a daily basis, but also use some smaller projects quite successfully (Ganeti Virtual Machine manager, PFSense Router, etc).

However, even though I manage several dozen Ubuntu Desktops, I'm a Mac user. You'll often find more terminal windows then anything else on my Mac, but also a few key 'missing pieces' that just don't exist to my satisfaction in Linux Desktop land.

I'll be hanging out in the more IT leaning forums, and I'm sure continuing to poke at the development forums when I get stuck debugging a web app, or working on a particularly hard SQL query, or whatever other challenge the day throws at me!

Joe Esposito
    (I didn't choose my username, it's the username RPI gave me in 1997 when they still taught on Unix!)
  6. No Profile Picture

Wink Greetings!

Hello and Greetings to all!

So, I guess I will just create a short list of things about me.

- I am a college student living in Utah.
    - I am 23.
    - I have been playing video games for a long time. Pretty much my first memories and I haven't stopped since.
    - I am currently developing a video game. (More to come on that subject)
    - I enjoy video games, movies, books, ladies, robots, pretty lady robots, Etc.

That is pretty much the basics. I am looking forward to meeting a few people and maybe even working with a few of you out there.

-Conner Graves (Something Wicked Games)
  7. No Profile Picture

Hello! newbie here ;)

Hi.. i am Harry Vested just new in this site, just want to join this forum to meet more friend and communicate with other member,'
    i want to share and at the same time i want to learn too..i am expecting that all members here are friendly and willing to help
    new comer,i hope that you guys out there will respond in my post..

thanks in advance
    Last edited by ManiacDan; July 17th, 2012 at 12:34 PM. Reason: Removed signature, since it's against the rules and also probably nefarious somehow
  8. No Profile Picture

Hi there, my name is Blazso

I've got a college degree in Game design... well it's actually a bit more than that but for all intents and purposes at this time lets call it that. I started playing games on an Atari 800 with the optional floppy drive attachment which pretty much allowed for pirating of the games... oh memories, I was 4-5 at the time, by 8 I had a NES and by 12 I was keeping detailed play logs of everything I touched on any console. note, the only console I haven't owned is a NEO GEO and the strange entertainment systems like the 3DO that where out in the 90s.

I hope to one day write the quintessential guide to game design, video, paper, board, or otherwise. I won several design awards while studying in college and I am now trying to put a team together in order to create games. My hope is to raise a production company that can transition into publishing and eventually rival EA. I want to do all this in order to change the game industry and gain the necessary credentials to be a voice of authority when I eventual publish a book based on my ideas of design and the experience I will have gained by then.

I know this sounds far fetched, but I am dead serious about wanting to change the industry. Currently the industry works on a model that is more akin to 1930's Hollywood where everyone is under contract and no one has the freedom to move around or to choose studios and publishers that best suit the project. I would like to shift the industry to a more open model of freelance development and unionized work forces that more closely represent Hollywoods structure today. Not that Hollywood in infallible but for the most part Hollywood today is better for the audience, creators, and studios than it was 80 years ago and there is absolutely no reason that the video game industry can't follow suit and create a system of business that is more conducive to the creative teams, audience, and the publishers.

Opps, sorry I'm prone to ranting when it comes to something like games and all things related.
  9. No Profile Picture

New Member Here.......

Hi All........ I am new here. Hope i will enjoy here a lot.

Regards..
  10. No Profile Picture

Hello All

Hello all,

This is David Saga,newbie to this forum. I have visited few threads that has great informative information. I can't get any introduction thread, but I like this place is suitable for introduce about me so I came here. I hope all members will co-operate with me.

Thanks and Regards
    David Saga
  11. No Profile Picture

David I am also new to this forum and want to stay here for a long time. I am not a web developer but want to be.
  12. No Profile Picture

Hello

Hi Everyone, here we are going to be part of this community. Hope our ideas would help each other.
  13. No Profile Picture

Hello all.
    I am johnfound. Programmer for more than 25years, electronics engineer and DIY follower.

I know many programming languages, but recently I use mostly assembly language (FASM) for everything I am writing.

That is all for now. Have a good coding.
  14. No Profile Picture

Welcome
  15. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Hi , my name Hollyan . Nice to meet all.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo