1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I have always had a major interest in computers going back to my childhood. It is now my profession and also my hobby.

My first taste of programming was back in the early 1990's using BASIC on a Commodore Amiga 500 to write simple programs and games. After this I moved on to Qbasic under Windows95. At college I learnt both Pascal and Java, since college I have not done any more programming with them.

In 2006 I came across Just Basic and since then I have been using this to write various programs and also studying / improving the code of others. Over the past few years programming took a bit of a back seat as other hobbies and interests took over my time. Recently I decided to get back in to this and I have been reviewing my old projects and improving these.

My main area of interest is in developing games, both text based and GUI. I have also developed some database software and various other programs. As I renew my interest in programming using Just Basic I will be sharing my programs on my blog, search for "the crazy coding clown"

I work in IT support and hold a number of qualifications in this field. Having programming as a hobby ties in nicely with this part of my life. I am based in Launceston Tasmania.
  2. Contributing User

Hi, my name is Garrett, aka r3wt. I wrote a cryptocurrency trading platform in php as my first programming project. then i founded a business. forabout two months, all was going smooth sailing, until last week when i discovered that hackers had been exploiting a vulnerability, and basically generating balances from thin air. I've kind of been discouraged since that point, and i know all the things i've did wrong. apparently you are supposed to use frameworks in php, which is ridiculous. why is this language so inherently insecure. Anyway, i'm here to learn C++(specifically Wt), and rebuild the application, and hopefully save my business. i'm having difficulty getting back up on the horse because i'm afraid i will fall off(get hacked) again.
  3. No Profile Picture

hi.
    im 30.
    live in south africa.
    for work i spend my days coding in asp.net mvc.
    for fun i spend my nights coding in asp.net mvc.
    and dabbling in other things i guess (node is currently quite fun).
  4. No Profile Picture

Hello everyone, I am Eric and I have been into web development and graphic designing for 6 years now.
    If you have questions I'd answer your questions (if I know the answer ;P) and would appreciate it if you will answer some of my questions as well.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Hello Everybody,

I'm Tom Davies, new member to this forum. I like to share my knowledge and also learn new things.
  6. No Profile Picture

Saying hello to all
  7. No Profile Picture

Hello, I'm Pascaline, nice to meet you.

I decided to join to learn a bit about programming. I dabbled in HTML here and there, but that's as far as it goes. Currently I'm trying to figure out JavaScript, checking out some tutorials and so on.

Well, here's to a good start.
  8. No Profile Picture

Hello all, I've just decided to join to try to learn a thing or two. I'm currently a Systems Administrator and have always been fascinated with programming. So i will be spending most of my time in the Beginner Programming section.
  9. No Profile Picture

Hello, I am new member. Nice to meet you.
  10. No Profile Picture

Hello Everyone!

Here is a little about me:

25 years old
    Almost done with my Associates Degree in Computer Information Systems.
    I've yet to get a job doing anything related to programming but am trying to develop a game in my spare time.
    I've taken classes in VB, JAVA, HTML, and Network Administration.
    Married for almost a year now.
    No children as of yet.
  11. No Profile Picture

34 years old, Married for 4 years with one children.
    Completed Master of Business Administration and Bachelor of Business Adm.
    Professional career for 8 yrs and continuing as well.
    Now looking for suggestions from all of you guys.
  12. No Profile Picture

Hi everyone,

Newbie here who thought an introduction was due!

Like many of you, my main reason for joining this forum was to trade professional tips. I'm looking forward to sharing what I know and would appreciate your feedback.

My area of expertise is marketing and customer acquisition. I'm always looking for effective ways to market my company's services and land clients. I like to think I've gotten pretty good at it, so if anyone feels like picking my brain feel free to ask on here or send me a private message.

Pumped to get to know you all!
  13. No Profile Picture

Stopping by to say hi

Hi, my name is Davor and I'm a media buyer from Serbia. I have great passion for smartphones and the vast amount of apps they provide, especially on Android devices. I myself am using a Samsung Galaxy I9000 model and hopefully I will soon get my hands on the Google Nexus 5 16gb version (white). Since I am a new member of this community I just wanted to stop by and say hi. Thank you all for having me and I'm looking forward to exchange experiences and knowledge with all of you.
  14. No Profile Picture

Hi Davor. Welcome to the forum
  15. No Profile Picture

Hi. I'm Derek.
    35yo.
    Fairly new to developing.
    Right now I'm enjoying Gameboy Color.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo