1. not a fan of fascism (n00b)
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

im sean, 21 years old, and live in CT. my first experience other than playing games on a computer was hexediting random programs like Aol and explorer when i was 12. i would make it say cool things like: "AoHELL" and "Microsucks"
    but as far as programming goes, i started learning C about 2 years ago, discovered linux about a year ago, and now i'm firmly addicted. i have no job and school offered some real lame classes this year, so i figured hacking the kernel would be a lot more interesting and took a leave for the semester. so now i read stevens all day and hack all night; that is until my friends drag me away kicking and screaming.

dougg << Word size 12 bits... LOL!

Comments on this post

• medialint agrees : Hello
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

OK I'll play along

I'm a 26 year old Civil Engineer thats looking to switch careers and go for programming or technical support. I've been doing Civil since I was 21, working with an engineering firm for 3 years when they finally laid me off, and now I work as a contractor employee for another engineering firm. I currently live in Central MA, and will be going back to school for my Bachelor's in Computer Science in the fall 2k4 semester at Wentworth Institute of Technology in Boston, MA. Currently I'm doing an "at-your-own-pace" course in C, eventually moving onto C++, Java, and whatever else I can learn for free . I also work a 2nd night job as a cashier at local grocery chain, which all the money from both jobs goes to paying off my excess debt that accrued during my 9 month unemployment period.

Anyways, look for me hanging around the C/C++ forums and probably asking some rather stupid questions, and trying my best to answer some of other people's questions

Comments on this post

-Jason Clark
  5. Javascript Samurai

Introduce myself...ok, here goes:

I'm Robert, a 20 year old Co-op University of Manitoba Student. My current major of study is Computer Science, which I am now entering my fourth year in. This would have been my last year but I enrolled in the co-op program, where we alternate four month school terms with four month work terms. I am currently in my second work term, but am looking forward to school again in the new year.

I have my own project underway, and hopefully I can get it off the ground within the next few weeks. Other than that, I enjoy my computer time but have other interests. I am active in Tai Chi and soon to be Hapkido. I customize my Oldsmobile Alero, and am trying to get back into hockey again (a lot of car modders in WPG here are trying to set up an outdoor hockey season).

Comments on this post

• medialint agrees : Hi
  7. Introspective
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

Since you ask,

26 Years old, single.

Graduated with BEng(hons) in Aerospace Engineering 3 years ago - scored the highest classification in the Faculty. Speaker of English, French, German and some Russian. Author of over 50 poems and countless pieces of music for piano and violin. Have worked for Hewlett Packard, CSC, BAe Systems (Airbus UK), Centralnic ltd.

Now unemployed.

Christo

Comments on this post

This is me: http://chris.uk.com
  9. kill 9, $$;
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Strange how many university-educated people there are here who have non-computer qualifications, myself included. I'm a 22 year old Irishman with a degree in Law and Accounting, after which I went back and did a CS Diploma course for a year.

IIRC, the first program I ever wrote was in BASIC on an old Spectrum that belonged to my cousin. It had rubber keys with the letters worn off. Mavis Beacon didn't stand a chance! After that I got unfortunately sidetracked into the timewasting evil that is gaming, from which I still haven't fully escaped.

Nowadays, Perl is my tool of choice, though I also dabble in Java now and again. I can also use C/C++ (averagely at best), (X)HTML, CSS JavaScript (sparingly) and MySQL. I've recently started doing a couple of small sites for money, along with a friend who isn't as much into programming but can make things look a lot prettier, which is a good combination.

Outside of computers I enjoy my music and the odd game of football (that's "soccer" to many).

And yes, as said earlier, Ireland is indeed a good place for a session!

Comments on this post

11. No Profile Picture

Cool I'm still young.

Here's a little info about myself,

I'm 17
    Soon to be engaged.
    Succesful entreprenuer.
    Making my first step into the import scene.
    And trying to investigate on a specific topic.

Is anyone in here interested in the video game,
    Grand Theft Auto???

Comments on this post

• medialint disagrees : Hello
  13. Perl Hacker turned Farmer
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Is anyone in here interested in the video game,
    Grand Theft Auto???
    I quite enjoy it. I have played three and four (vice city)
  15. HTML/CSS/Photoshop maven

Okay, fine, you dragged it out of me. (Or did you? )

I'm 18, working a sh!t job at minimum wage, and going to junior college (headed for applied computing at CSU Monterey Bay). I've not programmed any actual applications, but I do simple web design.

And I despise every flavor of Windows.

Me:

http://www.hostultra.com/~nexuscc/ja..._pix/dp/me.jpg

Comments on this post

• medialint agrees : Hello. Windows are good. They keep warm air in and cool air out, or vice-versa, depending on which you prefer. Amazing inventions.
    Last edited by Arden; November 14th, 2003 at 04:36 AM.
  17. Banned (not really)

You are apparently a 404 file... awesome.
  19. Big Daddy
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Truly, a lovely error message, my friend. lol
    Pop, pop, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is!
  21. Banned (not really)

Originally posted by cjwsb
    Truly, a lovely error message, my friend. lol
    It's even better in IE... it asks if you want to reset your home page to whatever ****ty server it's being hosted on...

---John Holmes...
    -- Cigars, whiskey and wild, wild women. --
  23. Senior Member
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

****ty server it's being hosted on
    Best he can do....
    working a sh!t job at minimum wage
    Poor fella!
  25. Contributing User

Youngin,

21, 2 art certificates, completing my BA in Animation (Classical and Computer).
    Graphic Artist for 8 years, working for firms since I was 16. Part owner of an Internet Inc. Hosting, Web Design, B2B, Networking & Entertainment.

Currently working in Maya, Photoshop, Illustrator, AfterFX, Premier, InDesign, Flash MX, PHP & MySQL.

Comments on this post

- Infinityws.com - Providing Reliable Web Hosting Solutions Since 2000
    - Web Hosting - Reseller Accounts - E-Commerce Packages
    - Free ClientExec License With ALL Reseller Accounts

A Satisfied Customer
  27. HTML/CSS/Photoshop maven

Sorry for the bad link, the host doesn't like hotlinking much. Click here and I'm the first image under Digital Pictures.
  29. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Talking

I fall in a little with Arden. I work a steady part time crappy job to meet the ends.

I am a three time community college drop, it's like high school all over again. I screwed around in my early twenties and didn't want high school again, then I went back when I was 25 and I was too old to stomach Highschool again.
    I found a tech school, got Net+ and A+ and found out that was like the equiv of 9th grade in the CIS world, so I just learn at home and at work.

28 now,
    1 year admining web servers(Apache)
    1.5 years windows networking, Mac administration, some unix.
    I did a bunch of design, HTML/CSS , Phototshop, Fireworks,no real programming 'til now, 2-3 months PHP

married, two wonderful daughters, live in Northern CA where there is no real demand for tech people. But, it has it's advantages.

Comments on this post

• medialint agrees

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo