1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I want to kill my Android tablet

I have a Trio tablet with Android. After having the thing for about 6 months I finally got it to keep the correct date, but the clock runs fast for the time. This evening I set the time on it at 10:50 pm EDT but after turning the tablet off and on a few times the thing said it was 11:33pm when the real time was only 10:57pm.

Does anyone know what this thing is doing or how I can fix it?
  3. Contributing User

have you tried automatic synchronization with web?
  5. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by rodiongork
    have you tried automatic synchronization with web?
    I bought the thing mainly to have something to listen to audio books with. I needed the tablet because I have arthritis in my hands and itís easer to control than my MP4 player is. So since I donít use it mainly for the web I am not paying for a web service for it. I only go online when I am someplace that has free wifi. I havenít synchronized it with the web, but if I do, what will happen when I lose the wifi connection?
  7. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Generally it re-synchs with the internet every time you have an internet connection. I have a tablet without a data plan and my clock is never wrong.

Try to run an app like a stopwatch or something to see if the clock really is off. Run a stopwatch for 10 minutes (according to another clock) and see if the stopwatch on the tablet is more or less 10:00.00. If it's not, you may have a hardware fault with the timing chips.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Banned

If you have guarantee of your tablet you can change it from the company.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo