Discuss Language advice (pretty noobie I know :) in the Dev Shed Lounge forum on Dev Shed. Language advice (pretty noobie I know :) Dev Shed Lounge forum discussing anything that doesn't fit into the other forums. This is a place to relax, talk, and even have some friendly debate. Walk softly and carry a big wiffle bat.
Time spent in forums: 5 Months 2 Weeks 2 Days 4 h 9 m 54 sec
Reputation Power: 9259
* Capitalize "since"
* "bc" should be capitalized too
* "We served" suggests they have stopped while "we have served" suggests they are still serving
* "From..." should not be its own sentence. A comma is typical but a semicolon is more appropriate. A colon would be better if that leading "from" was not there (ie, there was a list).
* No apostrophe for "gorilla's" because it is not possessive (just like the others)
Since 1000 BC we have served a wide variety of clients; from frogs to gorillas and from chickens to horses.
* Style: there are other, possibly more popular, options than the "from A to B and from X to Y" structure:
from frogs to gorillas, from chickens to horses
from frogs to gorillas, to chickens, [and] to horses
(the "and" is optional, has more effect without)
from frogs to gorillas, chickens, and horses
...clients: frogs to gorillas, chickens to horses
With a long list another form entirely might sound better.