Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Your silver is a good idea.
    That is not my idea. You can lay your hands on the book by James Turk where basic ideas of investing in metals (though mostly about gold) and inflation of money are explained.

Note the book was published before Economic Crisis of 2008 - and metals really did fantastic jump on this occasion (gold have risen from about 800 to 1200 in few months and in 2011 peak it was about 1800). So... it is not stupid book

I personally made some experiments with metals bit later - from 2009 and with silver I had the best results since I made deposit when its price was 16 and fetch money back 1.5 years later when it was 44. It is really volatile. Shortly speaking this was the way I saved enough money for getting mortgage to buy an apartments (banks here now require about 20% of the property price to be paid at once).

and WOW silver and Gold have dropped
    That is exactly why I dare to advise this idea. It should not be tried when prices are high or when you can't allow money to wait some lengthy period of time. Be sure not to try dealing with physical metal. There are metal deposits and there are even metal electronic money - choose what is suitable.

It is interesting enough business, though not as doubtful as FOREX. However, perhaps later you'll decide to play with FOREX or share markets also. Here your programming skills could be benefit if you will decide to write some auto-trading scripts.

Though perhaps more money could be made by writing and selling such scripts to other traders, not by using them yourself.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Banned

Do your duties sincerely. And Always be a man of management.
  5. Lounge Troll
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

Start an app company or some sort of other startup.
    Codeinated
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

You could give the excess money to charity (but be careful if you do so there are people out there with pretty websites and customer care that I've run into and they pocket it all.)
    You could pray.
    I'm not rich so you could give it to me!
  9. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Originally Posted by number seven

I want to have financial independence and I want to find out a way to do it with IT. I think I have to become more valuable as an IT guy with more skills so I get paid more and get better jobs.
    If this is what you really want ,then start to do something.you start this thread with "what I've got" then you probably are satisfied with some of your current situation,and still want some other things going further.good for you. BUT we are not you, we don't know what is really in your mind and what is good for you in your position. this makes the words we give you lack of practice. I totally understand your feeling ahout life, But ,I am afraid you have to find the answer on your own.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo