1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Where to go for minor website changes?

Iím a web developer and often have friends bug me whenever they want something changed on their website. Itís generally small things like adding a logo or a social media sharing button etc. Often itís just too much hassle to go through all the effort of doing something so small and I hate getting hassled a number of times to make it perfect.

Does anyone else have a similar problem to me and wish there was a place we could send all our noobie non-tech friends to get their minor website changes done?

These sorts of small changes arenít going to be enough work to go through a proper agency with and most of my friends who are also developers donít have time for this stuff either.
  3. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I don't have that problem with websites but I do with everything else. People assume that because I have a 20+ year old degree in computer science that I know what's wrong with their MallWart Greenline 280ZX Turbocharged Inkjet Photo Printer/Document Scanner/Coffee Maker and usually I can get no more information out of them from 3,000 miles away than "it just stopped working!"

I now feign even more ignorance than I actually have. "Sorry, I'm a developer, I mostly deal with data queries. I don't know anything about hardware." If feigning ignorance doesn't work maybe just sugar coat the simple truth "I'd really love to help but I have so many projects going on that I'm afraid if I take the time to help you out I'm going to risk meeting deadlines with my paid clients".

Also encourage them to learn how to do simple changes themselves.
    Last edited by medialint; September 7th, 2012 at 11:09 AM.
    medialint.com

ďToday you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.Ē - Dr. Seuss

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo