1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

How do you make money?

How do you make money?
    How are people making money? Tell me what type of site you have, how you get traffic and how you earn money. I'm looking for ideas.

Rightnow I am earning from <an SEO site>, its basically a simple SEO platform that provides affordable SEO services. I must say I had an excellent experience with <an SEO site> so far
    Last edited by E-Oreo; April 5th, 2013 at 02:30 PM.
  3. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

am simply doing reselling business and some hard ware business with my friends
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Currently i m doing website template desigining and Hosting Business.
  7. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Since this is shaping up to be a spam magnet, I'm probably going to close it soon.

I've made money by:

1) General freelance "computer guy" work, fixing computers at small businesses around town.

2) Founding my own web startup

3) Professional freelance web work

4) Corporate dev work

5) Product architecture/consulting
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Web Design & Hosting ,
    Web Programming
    Computer Repair & Service (Local & Remote)

There are many ways to make money from online website marketing. Just need to be creative and find a new way that no one else knows about to make money online.
  11. No Profile Picture

I am a server administrator for my remote job; but I am currently a student.

In the future though, I will be working at a local company in their ICT department which could be interesting
  13. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by james101
    How do you make money?
    How are people making money? Tell me what type of site you have, how you get traffic and how you earn money. I'm looking for ideas.

Rightnow I am earning from <an SEO site>, its basically a simple SEO platform that provides affordable SEO services. I must say I had an excellent experience with <an SEO site> so far
    Ads... Allow user's to add their ads on your site, you will make more money. That is how FB got their money.
  15. Sarcky

Ads are only moneymakers if you have the content to get a good audience. The Home and Garden channel doesn't make much money on Ads. NBC, facebook, and google make billions. Many people think you can just make a crappy website and stick ads on the side and it will make money, but it's very unlikely for the ads to even pay for the price of the hosting unless your content is good enough to warrant the traffic.

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  17. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

True.. if you want to make real money then just sell a product. It's the only way.
  19. Sarcky

Originally Posted by ide
    True.. if you want to make real money then just sell a product. It's the only way.
    That's not at all what I said. The biggest businesses in the world don't sell anything but ads. However, their (free) content is indisputably the most valuable content in existence.

Selling something is generally the easiest way to make a small amount of money, but economies of scale and advertising kick in after a certain level.

21. A Change of Season
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by ManiacDan
    That's not at all what I said.
    Almost every post I have seen from ManiacDan, he is disagreeing with someone! The funny thing is that he is usually right.

Comments on this post

• ManiacDan agrees

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo