1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Music for coding :)

What kind of music do you listen when you write your code?
  3. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I have a pandora station I've seeded with various hard rock groups that I usually listen to.

If I'm under a very tight deadline or the office is being particularly loud and annoying, I have a german/norwegian death metal station that will block out all noise and increase my heart rate.

If I'm trying to do something very difficult or I'm in a very complex planning phase, I'll sometimes switch to classical.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Huge variety, but, I find stuff without lyrics can be best, or I find myself singing along with the music.
  7. No Profile Picture

Beethoven has always been good to me, symphonies 5 and 9 especially , although i always get over-excited in the last movement of number 9 and all i can do is sit back and listen

Comments on this post

• someGuyGatsby agrees
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by africanwizz
    Beethoven has always been good to me, symphonies 5 and 9 especially , although i always get over-excited in the last movement of number 9 and all i can do is sit back and listen
    Some feeling when I listen to the 2nd movement of his 7th!
  11. No Profile Picture

Vance Joy - Riptide
    I'm listening to this song while coding all over again.
  13. Moderator Emeritus

Funk.

Comments on this post

• ManiacDan agrees
    • codergeek42 agrees
    DrGroove, Devshed Moderator | New to Devshed? Read the User Guide | Connect with me on LinkedIn
  15. Type Cast Exception

80's heavy metal for things that need to be done before yesterday. Otherwise it doesn't much matter. Working at home these days I often tend to leave it on the 107.7 The Bone classic rock station, at least until they play George Thorogood.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  17. Sarcky

Originally Posted by medialint
    80's heavy metal for things that need to be done before yesterday. Otherwise it doesn't much matter. Working at home these days I often tend to leave it on the 107.7 The Bone classic rock station, at least until they play George Thorogood.
    EVERYONE likes George Thorogood, that's why he's in commercials.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  19. A Change of Season
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Rock is not good. Any sort of distorted sound makes you tired without realising.
    Classical might work but distracts me since it's interesting and I wanna follow.
    If php was music, it sounded like this. As simple as it is, it is a journey. Good thing is, you don't have to think about it but the drive gives you a good flow.

Comments on this post

• drgroove agrees : You get all the rep for comparing PHP to this song. :D
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Music is either too exciting, and so distracts my concentration or too boring and it annoys me.

As an alternative,I like to listen to easy-to-concentrate on documentaries. Kind of like music?

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo