Page 4 of 16 First ... 2345614 ... Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Banned (not really)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by medialint
    Funny thing is when I first really heard about RFID a few years ago it was presented as a positive thing.
    They are or can be a positive thing, if used correctly. But someone will want to abuse them eventually.

IIRC, many warehouses already use these and they are a godsend for keeping track of inventories. They are a good thing, overall, if used correctly.

When it comes to personal information versus # of toothpaste tubes, security is the obvious issue. And that's not solved yet, as far as I know.

---John Holmes...
    -- Cigars, whiskey and wild, wild women. --
  3. CAUTION: Loderator Moose
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

moved

Comments on this post

• codergeek42 agrees : Thanks. :)
    • crownjewel82 agrees : whohoo
    Nigel
    ..Seeking code free nirvana...
    Nigel Fernandes Blog
    Never argue with fools. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Manchester United Forever
  5. Feelin' Groovy

Having spent a significant portion of my life as "The Man", I'm still impressed by the number of people who think their lives are even remotely interesting to the government (beyond the role of John Q Taxpayer, of course). You want to be concerned about your "rights" and "privacy"? Start eyeballing insurance companies, large and/or online retailers, and the entertainment industry. It'll make your tin-foil hat spin, for sure...

Last edited by Yawmark; December 28th, 2005 at 01:32 PM.
    Yawmark
    class Sig{public static void main(String...args){\u0066or(int
    \u0020$:"v\"ʲ\"vΤ\"".to\u0043h\u0061rArray()
    )System./*goto/*$/%\u0126//^\u002A\u002Fout.print((char)(($>>
    +(~'"'&'#'))+('<'>>('\\'/'.')/\u002Array.const(~1)\*\u002F)));}}
  7. No Profile Picture
    rebel with a cause
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

Originally Posted by Yawmark
    Having spent a significant portion of my life as "The Man", I'm still impressed by the number of people who think their lives are even remotely interesting to the government (beyond the role of John Q Taxpayer, of course). You want to be concerned about your "rights" and "privacy"? Start eyeballing insurance companies, large and/or online retailers, and the entertainment industry. It'll make your tin-foil hat spin, for sure...

Not to mention the financial instutions. Banks, credit reporting, etc.
    Dear God. What is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring.
  9. Feelin' Groovy

Not to mention the financial instutions. Banks, credit reporting, etc.
    True enough; but they've got nothing on the life/health insurance folks...
    Yawmark
    class Sig{public static void main(String...args){\u0066or(int
    \u0020$:"v\"ʲ\"vΤ\"".to\u0043h\u0061rArray()
    )System./*goto/*$/%\u0126//^\u002A\u002Fout.print((char)(($>>
    +(~'"'&'#'))+('<'>>('\\'/'.')/\u002Array.const(~1)\*\u002F)));}}
  11. Crypto-Con

btw, here's an interesting way to see if the NSA is evesdropping on your e-mail
    - "Cryptographically secure linear feedback shift register based stream ciphers" -- a phrase that'll get any party started.
    - Why know the ordinary when you can understand the extraordinary?
    - Sponsor my caffeine addiction! (36.70 USD received so far -- Latest donor: Mark Foxvog.
    )
  13. Type Cast Exception

Originally Posted by B-Con
    btw, here's an interesting way to see if the NSA is evesdropping on your e-mail
    Jeez, might as well go to the local police station and confess to random crimes.
    medialint.com

Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss
  15. Crypto-Con

Jeez, might as well go to the local police station and confess to random crimes.
    I'm guitly of, um, petty theft, and, oh, um, I guess armed assault, and carjacking, and, um being a spy.

Just please don't read my e-mail.
    - "Cryptographically secure linear feedback shift register based stream ciphers" -- a phrase that'll get any party started.
    - Why know the ordinary when you can understand the extraordinary?
    - Sponsor my caffeine addiction! (36.70 USD received so far -- Latest donor: Mark Foxvog.
    )
  17. Type Cast Exception

Originally Posted by B-Con
    I'm guitly of, um, petty theft, and, oh, um, I guess armed assault, and carjacking, and, um being a spy.

Just please don't read my e-mail.
    The dude is recommending that we bounce our e-mails through afghanistan and cc: former known e-mails of known terrorists. C'mon. There's games, that's not one of them.
    medialint.com

Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You. - Dr. Seuss
  19. Ruler of the Universe & Canada
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

If the NSA were watching me, I would probably be under arrest. I've said several times that I plan to help overthrow the US government when the time comes, and I'm sure that's plenty enough for them to get meh. Thoug hI think I might be able to make a nice little play on the media for that one. You can spin me off as a terrorist all you want, but I'm a 16 year old from a small town; CNN loves stuff like that ^_^

Comments on this post

• medialint disagrees : You are talking out your 455. No one cares, especially the men in black suits. They only wish you would go away and stop trying to be the cog you're not.
    Start a revolution
    I need a girl who loves me for my money, but doesn't understand Math.
  21. Type Cast Exception

I'm just going to say it once, deliberately making yourself a target to prove a point about targeting is about as smart with propaganda as it is weaponary. Good day.

Comments on this post

• Yawmark agrees
    medialint.com

23. No Profile Picture
    Banned
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

Originally Posted by xbot
    If the NSA were watching me, I would probably be under arrest. I've said several times that I plan to help overthrow the US government when the time comes, and I'm sure that's plenty enough for them to get meh. Thoug hI think I might be able to make a nice little play on the media for that one. You can spin me off as a terrorist all you want, but I'm a 16 year old from a small town; CNN loves stuff like that ^_^
    Since there are many thousands of 16 year olds around saying exactly the same thing, the NSA pays no attention to them. Falls under the category of "teen angst".
  25. It's only wrong if you're caught....
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

I'm just going to say it once, deliberately making yourself a target to prove a point about targeting is about as smart with propaganda as it is weaponary. Good day.
    Hey, I'm bored lets pretend I got a visit from the Feds: http://www.southcoasttoday.com/daily...5/a01lo719.htm

And I'm not sure if you can make a request to the NSA, but you can make a request to the FBI to see if they've got anything about you on file, but then the fact that you requeted the info will go on file...catch 22 isn't it?....

Originally Posted by Arty Ziff
    Since there are many thousands of 16 year olds around saying exactly the same thing, the NSA pays no attention to them. Falls under the category of "teen angst".
    While that probably is true, I'm sure they would take some kind of action if you showed signs of being actively involved in something serious.....But I'm safe hacking the pantagon has become so cliched that no-one pays attention to it, :P, j/k people, j/k, I'm not trying to imply that I want to or anything (not that being able to read all those classified docs wouldn't be fun or anything)....
    Last edited by kuza55; December 29th, 2005 at 12:01 AM.
  27. Type Cast Exception

I have every reason to believe, on many levels, the FBI has a file on me. I don't really care. It's in their "whatever" drawer at best.
    medialint.com

29. No Profile Picture
    rebel with a cause
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

you guys are paranoid
    Dear God. What is it like in your funny little brains? It must be so boring.
Page 4 of 16 First ... 2345614 ... Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo