1. funky munky
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Do us a favour and bump my rep up a notch John, I'm tired of being a loser. lol Seriously though what colour pip do I get to see when someone with a pimpy reputation adds to ma rep? I had two dudes with less than 100 posts (irrc) add to my rep earlier today but they're both grey pips when I look at the rep section in my user panel.

Comments on this post

• ChiefWigs1982 agrees : Pity points... :D
    • Sepodati agrees : you suck.
  2. echo $usertitle['computer'];
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by munkfish
    Do us a favour and bump my rep up a notch John, I'm tired of being a loser. lol Seriously though what colour pip do I get to see when someone with a pimpy reputation adds to ma rep? I had two dudes with less than 100 posts (irrc) add to my rep earlier today but they're both grey pips when I look at the rep section in my user panel.
    munky munky munky fixed the godaddy dns yet? still down for me...
  3. funky munky

Hey thanks wigs, your rep quote came up as a green pip and added 5 points onto my rep! Woohoo :P The other two guys from this morning, their pips were grey: and didn't add any rep at all. wierd. What's your rep total out of curiousity?

Yo computer dude, given up fixing it, alcapone or someone always keeps resetting it and it's annoying as fsck. I actually setup realxl.munk.nu though, won't link to it on purpose so copy/paste it if you want - same for anyone else that knows wtf we're on about hehe. I was gonna maybe do a bulk email to everyone just to let them know what's going down.

Hey hey way to hijack a thread eh?

Back to the subject of reputation widget... for my money I don't like the approve/dissaprove text, seems a bit odd - 'I approve' and 'I dissaprove' - makes me feel about 60 or something when I go to bump someone's rep.

Then again I suppose it'd be the same with any two options, finding a pair that fits all situtations where you'd want to add/take from a reputation is impossible. Agree/disagree doesn't seem strong enough when someone has just said something really trollish (in that case 'approve/dissaprove' just sounds plain not right).

Also if someone's taken the time to answer your question, unless it's a really fscked up answer you're not gonna say 'I dissaprove' are you?

EDIT: whoa 9 points off M.Hirsch, hey bud :P

Comments on this post

• M.Hirsch agrees : I agree.
    Last edited by munkfish; February 12th, 2005 at 02:05 PM.
  4. I <3 ASCII
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Also if someone's taken the time to answer your question, unless it's a really fscked up answer you're not gonna say 'I dissaprove' are you?

I think the (in my opinion) disagree/disaprove is more for breaking forum rules. (Excessive swearing, spam, misleading links being a ****).

That and getting revenge on someone in the lounge =D

-MBirchmeier

Comments on this post

• munkfish agrees : Oh yes he does... :)
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

Hey, your rep power should be quite strong too. You get a bonus for each year since you signed up. Test it, rep me up

Comments on this post

• munkfish agrees : I reckon it should be about 4 points? Good job you don't get points knocked off for the amount of time you've been AWOL though.....
  6. echo $usertitle['computer'];

what's your power Hirsch? should be even larger
  7. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

Originally Posted by computer
    what's your power Hirsch? should be even larger
    No idea... can I look this up somewhere? And where can you see how much rep you got from which vote? I can only find the total number of rep points. It's 19 now but I don't know how much it was before.

M.
  8. echo $usertitle['computer'];

well no, if you rep someone they can tell you the amount they got. there is a hack we've submitted to the admins to show your weight but they haven't installed it yet.

Comments on this post

• munkfish agrees : that hack would be handy.
  9. funky munky

Originally Posted by M.Hirsch
    No idea... can I look this up somewhere? And where can you see how much rep you got from which vote? I can only find the total number of rep points. It's 19 now but I don't know how much it was before.

M.
    You have to think of a number, any number, multiply it by three... add your age... no all I did was compare my rep points before and after your bumped my score up. Wouldn't have been able to do tell if someone else had 'voted' at the same time as you - don't think so at least.

I started out with 13 points I believe and now have 27 - 5 people 'bumped' my rep, though I think only 3 of those counted (the green pips).

Doh - just went to try and bump your rep again hirsch and got told to 'spread the love':

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to M.Hirsch again.
    Hang aboot lets try something... mmm just bumped computer's rep but it still won't allow me to bump your rep again yet.
  10. echo $usertitle['computer'];

you need to do 20 reps before the same user again.

you started with 10, thats what everyone had. it could be there were more that 5 reps given, but only last 5 are shown.

munk thanks for the rep, you have me a whopping - 5 points!
  11. Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

mmm just bumped computer's rep but it still won't allow me to bump your rep again yet.
    Yeah, you need to hit 20 different people first. I think it should be brought down to like 10 though.

Comments on this post

• munkfish agrees : Psych on the timing with computer there!!!
  12. funky munky

20 waah that's loads

ROFL I was just about to post this:

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to computer again.
    Can we get s/Reputation/love/ here ?

but then I read it back to myself before posting and it sounds a wee bit dodgy.

Comments on this post

• Viper_SB agrees : ah another old timer :) welcome back
  13. funky munky

Hey viper_sb, good to be back.
  14. echo $usertitle['computer'];

15. funky munky

Sure, it seems a bit less trollish nowadays. I even read a post somewhere about how someone told a friend how good this forum was, no assholes around at all... I thought damn things have changed. A couple of years ago we all know there was a high ratio of trolls and ungrateful gits, it was around that time I got peeved with it all - went off puters a bit in general though that didn't help.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo