• Jump to page:
  1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Ubuntu 10.10 on my main computer
    Arch Linux on my server (Raspberry Pi)
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Windows 7 on the desktop for Adobe CS5, plus Ubuntu VM which I hardly use anymore since I found gnuwin32, util-linux, and console2.

Ubuntu on my laptop because it runs fast on the old hardware.
  5. 'fie' on me, allege-dly
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Not runs fast, just not crippled with bloatware, 1+1 in any OS takes the same time, the machine doesn't care, unless someone's adopted a weird rule ... has someone adopted a weird rule ...

Comments on this post

• DaWei_M agrees : I have
    --Ax
    without exception, there is no rule ...
    Handmade Irish Jewellery
    Targeted Advertising Cookie Optout (TACO) extension for Firefox
    The great thing about Object Oriented code is that it can make small, simple problems look like large, complex ones

09 F9 11 02
    9D 74 E3 5B
    D8 41 56 C5
    63 56 88 C0
    Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use regular expressions." Now they have two problems.
    -- Jamie Zawinski
    Detavil - the devil is in the detail, allegedly, and I use the term advisedly, allegedly ... oh, no, wait I did ...
    BIT COINS ANYONE
  7. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Not runs fast, just not crippled with bloatware, 1+1 in any OS takes the same time, the machine doesn't care, unless someone's adopted a weird rule ... has someone adopted a weird rule ...
    Well there's that, but there's also the overhead of the OS kernel. Windows, by itself, with nothing in the system tray, takes 35% of my available RAM and 10% CPU, 3 minutes after a fresh OEM install.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Os

I use Win7 on my Laptop and its awesome, people complain about this OS many a times, I have also heard many saying that it is the worst version of the Windows so far, but I hardly found it so, on the contrary I find it interesting and have fun working on it
Page 3 of 3 First 123
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo