Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Did you guys watch The Walking Dead last night…I did and thought it was great.

I wish they would stop taking Rick down this direction of insanity with his character. That whole sceen with Lori's Ghost was too much, kind of like the phone calls theme.

Also I wish Rick would start to see some reason and get off this kick of not giving anyone a chance or letting new blood join his group. They have lost to many people to remain on their own. They need to allow and except Michonne (sword swinging warrior woman) and the other group of four new people join their team. It seems like he has finally excepted Axel into their group. I heard that he gets shot/killed later in the season by an attack from Woodberry folks, but that isn’t 100%. I also feel that eventually both Daryl and Andria will return to the group at the Prison. I am also thinking that Woodberry will eventually be overrun. It does not seem to be as well shielded, protected as it should be. Thus if a large heard of Zombies surround that place and wanted in, they would tear that place down. The breach last night was too easy, and should have been located and fixed. The fact that Rick and crew were able to kick out a metal panel and no one heard it and just left it open that way and it was not fixed and allowed to sit open for a couple of hours shows that the place is not all that well defended. Plus look at those make shift walls at either end of the street, they should be building much more permanent walls than what they have erected. Also the fact that first Michonne and then Rick and crew could just pull off some boards and then one a door to gain access to the inner protected area and no one heard or saw that, shows that the place is not safe at all. The people are living in a dream illusion of being safe and it is only a matter of time till that bubble is burst. Sadly there are some woman and children plus that dog are going to get killed in the process. I wonder if anyone from Woodberry will survive to join Ricks group at the prison.

Now the Prison isn’t much better. They should be spending some time and locate all these holes in the fences and walls and re-fortify them back up again. Eventually a heard will find that prison and if they never get to doing that they will break in that place and over whelm them.

As to the Daryl thing, I feel he will be back. He will see his brother for the dirt bag he is and most likely get separated from him(my guess from the promo I saw, on that bridge he will be left). Daryl will survive and return to the prison and rejoin the group, and a stronger relationship will grow between him and Carol. I think Andria will also return and I would not be at all surprised if she and Rick end up together. I also think the four folks in the last group will also stay but that most likely the two white guys will end up dieing

What do you think?
  3. Contributing User

I must say the past two shows have been quite good. I feel the show takes a real look at people and the way they would react in those extreme situations and tells alot about their character. Speaking for myself, I would do anything to safe guard my family and myself, but would also retain my morals as well too. A true test of a man's soul is how they react under preasure and in a tight spot. No one is perfect and no one is perfect all the time, but the basic person and their character is always still there.

It is iteresting to think of yourself in those situations and wonder how you would react in those situations.
  5. No Profile Picture

I love this show! The acting may be a bit corny at times but it is very addicting. I just struggle with how they would want to bring a baby into that type of world; made no sense to me.
  7. Contributing User

Well I kinda of figured that was a accident, thus non-planned but yeah not a choice I would willingly want to make or cause if I could help it.
  9. Contributing User

Well last night ep 311 was on, and yes I watched it and not the Oscas. I thought it was a rather good plot as it set up for some interesting future plots. In show 312 we see that Rick, Michonne, and Carl travel back to Rick's home town to I am only guessing to obtain more weapons and ammo, and I guess they run into Morgan again. Rumor has it that Morgan has slipped into being more crazy than Rick is too, that I am not so sure of.

Rick is to stupid in my view, as he is always turning down excepting anyone, he needs bodies to fight the coming war against the GOV and Woodberry and he is always passing up chances to add bodies to his group. Some people are too stupid to see the forest through the trees. Short sighted and determine folks that would chew off their own nose despite their face, are fools in my book.

Now the GOV is also a fool , and he is a fool and willing to purse attacking the prison for what? He is down so many trained and battle harden soldiers, thus is willing to place unseasoned and poorly prepared folks in combat against another team that has a proven combat ability and skill. He might have numbers and equipment on his side with some basic intel, but he is going up against a Prison that Rick and crew are using to defend themselves, plus all the zombies they will have to also deal with...he's going to loose alot of people and for what. Now the prison has many locked doors and gates/bars that are meant to restrict movement and I really don't think the GOV has considered that in his future attack plans. Also he knows that both Merle and Michonne are extremely well skilled warriors inwhich to deal with, seems pretty stupid to force this fight when they could just leave each other alone.

It is all emotion of vanity on the GOV's part and wanting revenge, and destroying another group that challenges him. It is clear that this is going to go badly for the GOV and Woodberry in the long run.
  11. Contributing User

Well last night was the airing of ep 312, and it was good as always....

I must say I would have stopped and talked to that backpack guy and depending on what he said, taken him with me. As I see it everyone can be of some use and being that the Prison crew is going to have to fight the Woodberry crew, every warm living body can greatly help. As always you never have enough Red-Shirts.

Now as to Morgan, it was sad that his former Zombie wife was not put down by himself and that she was the one that killed and turned his son. I can see how remaining alone for 1.5 years fighting zombies alone would wear on someone. If I were Rick I would have cuffed him and taken all the weapons, ammo and supplies back with me and saved Morgan. Not leaving him in his Battle Stressed state like he is obviosely in.

At least we saw more character developement for Michonne, and she has become more apart of the team too. Hopefully they keep her around long enough so she can become a true member.

The kid Carl is a stupid fool that needs to listen more or he is going to either get himself kiiled or someone else. It was his foolishness that caused dale to get killed, hope he doesn't cause anyone else to die as well.

Next weeks ep 313 looks good as well...
  13. No Profile Picture

It is one of my favorite shows. It can certainly have elements to it that you would think is ridiculous in nature. I just remind myself that it is a TV show, and I try not to focus on how realistic it is or isn't. Also, I am glad AMC picked up a show like The Walking Dead, because Mad Men is one of the most boring series I have watched. Sure, it is interesting to see how good they recreate the era it is in, but it likes any central, drawn out storyline. Some people really like Mad Men, but I cannot get into it. I have given it a chance too. I watched about 4 seasons of it on Netflix.
  15. Contributing User

I feel the show is an awesome one and it really isn’t about the Zombies, but rather it is all about the human element and interactions of humans in their relationships with one another. How man treats man under extreme events and how each person reacts to any given situation. I always sit and wonder if I were in that given situation how would I react, what would I do, or what would I say. Speaking as a person that has been in Combat and has both been shot at and have shot people in the call of duty, I know how I would react under that style of stress basically. Now I consider myself a moral man, and a family man, and thus I believe in humanity. Treat others as you yourself would wish to be treated, so I have a certain view of how and what I would do in a Zombie realm. To me a builder at heart and nature, view any living human as a possible member and value addition to a group. I would give everyone a chance and try to work everyone in. Anyone can contribute something to the cause and everyone should be saved if they are willing to work together for the team and work as one. Trouble makers that just cause problems for the sake of being trouble, I would have no qualms in asking to leave or putting them down(killing them). The key to survival in a ZA world is teamwork and doing and caring for one another for the betterment of all. OK the show has the flesh eating Zombies too, but their just part of the bad villain monsters that one has to always deal with, on top of the relating and dealing with the few other surviving humans.
  17. Contributing User

Hello everyone,

Well last night was episode 313, and it was not as action packed as I would like, but it set the stage for future plots and events. The GOV and Rick talked, and in true form the GOV shows he is a real villain character in multiple ways. Having a secret gun set up to draw on Rick under a flag of truce, and wanting Michonne turned over to him in return he will leave Rick and crew alone. We all know that is a lie and it was stated that he plans on attacking them and wanting to kill off a few of them regardless. I feel and like Rick’s choice of telling everyone, that the GOV wants the prison and hiding the offer to give over Michonne in the hopes that he will let them live in peace. I also like that he told all of this to Hershel in private and sought out his feelings on the matter.

Now we also saw that most likely the three people of the GOV that came with him will defect to the prison and join Rick and crew. Andrew in the preview is seen telling Tyrese that the GOV is not what he seems and is evil, and that they should consider leaving/joining. I know from the comics, that Tyrese was Rick’s 2nd in charge, so we will see what happens in the TV show. I believe there are 3 more shows left in the season.

BTW in the comics Woodberry gets over run and some of the people there join Rick and crew at the prison, and the GOV gets killed by his own people. Also the prison is apart of the plot for season 4 in the beginning, but they travel to another location after the Prison gets overrun by a masiv zombie herd attack.
    Last edited by ByGoneYrs; March 11th, 2013 at 09:29 AM.
  19. Contributing User

Hello everyone,

Well last night episode 314 aired, and I must say although I like character development and plot advancement…it is nice to see some action as well too. To me the show seems to be lacking real grab for the last 3 shows. The action has been rather low, and in last night’s show…I did not believe the garbage the writers were trying to feed down our throats. I am sorry but the Governor was far too good at driving the truck and finding where Andrea’s path, and then while watching the road and still locate her as she tried to hide. I mean get real, with two eyes it is hard to find someone, and with only one eye to drive he show have had a real hard time just driving, let alone try to guess and find someone that was trying to hide.

Then the whole abandon ruined warehouse in the darken inside, he was able to follow her inside that building and still through that maze fight off zombies as well too. Then when he had to fight off some 20 attacking zombies himself, hand to hand (one eyed)…that was a bit much. Andrea ran at that point and got within sight of the prison and then the Governor jumped up out of know where beating here there, and hiding where he would be able to surprise her and over power her and capture her. I was amazed and said poor writing on the part of the writers. The show seems to lack realism and action and dragging out this whole Governor plotline. They are clobbering characters store lines as they were in the comics and not for the better. At best many characters are a pale 2d copy of what they could or should be, and the changes are not for the better at all.

So my guess is the writers will continue to drag out this plot for the next two shows, and in the last show they will have the attack by the Governors army on the prison, and we will see many of the young ill trained army killed by stupid and senseless attempts to take the prison. Mostly they will get killed in the bottlenecks of the tombs of the prison, as to being killed by the defenders. We will need to wait till next October to see season 4 to see how that attack pans out and how eventually the Governor and Woodberry get taken down. I hope the writing and plots get better, the show’s ratings are starting to take a hit and slip…most because of these last 3 shows.
  21. Contributing User

Also for those that like Spoilers, it would appear that at least one of the two deaths for this season will be Merle. I have seen a couple of screen shots where the GOV and Merle were fighting and Merle lost two fingers, and then another pic with the GOV pointing a gun at someone, and yet another showing Merle as a Zombie.

My guess is if as we saw Andrea was handcuffed in that chair, in a locked torture room and unless someone frees her, she would be the other dead person from the show.
  23. Contributing User

Well ep 315 was last night, and it was pretty good. Very much back on target for the way the show should be acted and played out with the story line. I must say the character Merle did in my oponion redeem himself and it is sad that he had to die to do it. If he had backup, he would have had been extremely more successful than he was. I mean alone he took out 8 of those so called Woodberry clowns, and if it had not been for that damn zombie he might have taken out the GOV himself.

Seeing Merle in the end as a Zombie was sad, and having to see Darly cry and have to put down his now zombie brother was a sad part to watch. I must say the GOV in next weeks promo puts a spin on it that states that Rick and crew attacked them that they (not the lone Merle) killed 8 of their crew. Lets see they had 37 armed soldiers ( I say that instead of men, because some are kids), that leaves only 29 left to fight or stand the walls.

Also in next weeks Promo they show the GOV and army in two Army trucks storm the prison and crash the gate. They using a LAW blow up one guard tower and then they crow into the inner courtyard and pull off a gated area. As a group they start to enter the prison, and it stops at a slightly open innder metal door that is normally closed.

Now up to that point they have met with NO resistance at all, which begs a major red flag. I assume they think that they have fled, or are hidding. Speaking for myself here I am guessing they have trip wire connected to that door and most likel 1-2 gernades pins will pull and explode when they open that door killing a number of those green-horns. I am guessing Rick and crew have set up all sorts of traps in this dark prison making theese Woodberry clowns pay in blood for each room that they explore and secure.

The real sad point here is how many of the GOV's greenhorns will loose their lives for nothing. Does the so called GOV ever come out of it and drop this drive to get revenge and give up on the job.

Now speaking as a former millitary guy, I would let them explore and deal with all the traps and come up on the outside guards and flatten the tires of their vehicles making the GOVs run for home real hard. I would also sit out in the woods and sniper folks as they come out and make the hurt a whole lot better.

I bet that the Gov army will be reduced to a handful, less than 10 folks and they will return to Woodberry as a beaten bunch scared folks. In the eyes of the rest of the people back at Woodberry, Rick and crew would look like a extemely deadly and dangerours band and should be left alone.

I hope that Milton the Scientist gets a pair of balls and finds Andrea in that cell and rescues her, and I would like to see both him and her escape alive from Woodberry. I guess too, I would like to see Tyrese and his sister also join them and they link back up with Rick. In the comics Tyrese was Rick's 2nd in charge, Darly did not exist in the comics. I find myself liking Darly alot, but I can see Tyrese would make a real nice edition to the group as well. So would Milton for that matter.

Next week is the thrid season finale ep 316, and it should be a rather good one.
  25. Contributing User

Sunday March 31, 2013 Episode 316 - Season 3 Finale: Welcome to the Tombs

Ok it aired last night on AMC at 9pm, and it was ok and wrapped up a few things, but it wasn't the "cliff-hanger" we all thought it would/should/could have been.

Ok The GOV and his army from Woodberry attaced the prison and they came on strong and shot up the place from the outside and then enterred the prison and all fell apart from there. In close dark corridors the Army paniced when a few gass gernades were tosses amongst them and they started shooting. Oh they came on some zombies down in the tombs in the below and they paniced and RAN.

When they started coming out, Glen and Maggie wearing battle armor and in hidden locations and under cover openned up on the already paniced running army and managed to kill a few more of these sheep. The rest jumped in the trucks and other vehicles and drove off. The GOV tried to stop the ROUTE, and got too upset and shot all the remaining scared troops and killed them all. Then he drove off with his two loyal dogs(troopers), and that left one girl alive under another dead body.

Flash forward we have Rick, Darly, and Michonne arrive on site to pursue and find some Zombies eating some of the fresh dead, and resucue the one lone survivor. She tells them that the GOV killed everyone and then they go back to Woodberry and tell the remaining of the folks there of what happened.

Meanwhile Rick and crew try to locate Andrea, only to find her bitten and dieing in a cell after having to kill Miltron that the GOV stabbed and left to die in the same cell with Andrea tied to a chair as well. She had to free herself and Kill Milton, sadly he turned after he died and she was bitten and would have turned herself, but she offed herself instead. She did expalin that she just wanted to bring peace to everyone and that is why she stayed at Woodberry instead of going to the prison and rejoining Rick and crew.

So at the end of the show, Rick brings all of the reamaining floks (woman, children, old folks, plus the Doctor, Tyrese, his sister, and that one surviving warrior of the Woodberry army) back to the prison to join them. I hope they brought alot of the food and supplies along with them in that bus. I am guessing Ricks group of 9 is now like 30 people. The trick to survival is having more bodies to do things and share in the adventure and life with.

The GOV and his two flunkies is unknown at this time, but I assume in Oct 2013 when the show returns he will be back to cause more trouble and pain.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo