Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

What are peoples thoughts on TV show Walking Dead

Hello everyone,

Just for fun what do people think of AMC TV Walking Dead show that is in season 3 and this sunday 12/2 will be Ep #8 which is the mid season break until Feb 2013 when it picks up again.

Now I read some of the comic's (my son's) and have watched all three seasons so far. My older son loves the show, heck even my wife whom is NOT a SciFi fan watches the show as well too. I like the show myself, and love the whole Zombie plague theme. Scares the heck out of me to think about it, but there would be no way the dead could ever stand back up again and continue to keep moving around. They would start to decay and quickly over time being exposed to all the elements and in time would dry out and fall apart into a pile of bones and dust. I still love the show though.

So what do you guys think?
  3. Providing fuel for space ships
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Personally, I think it's a great show! Not looking forward to the mid-season break though. It gets shown over here on a Friday night so we're only a few days behind the US.

Only thing that really bugs me about the show is that it's never been explained how the 'outbreak' happened and I wanna know why
    The No Ma'am commandments:

1.) It is O.K. to call hooters 'knockers' and sometimes snack trays
    2.) It is wrong to be French
    3.) It is O.K. to put all bad people in a giant meat grinder
    4.) Lawyers, see rule 3
    5.) It is O.K. to drive a gas guzzler if it helps you get babes
    6.) Everyone should car pool but me
    7.) Bring back the word 'stewardesses'
    8.) Synchronized swimming is not a sport
    9.) Mud wrestling is a sport
  5. They're coming to take me away

Another of the shows I plan on getting into soon.. For a lot of the shows, I wait until the 3rd or 4th season before beginning, so that I can just watch as often as I like until I catch up.. This way I don't have to wait a week wondering what happened next.

I've heard good things about it from around here, so hoping it lives up the hype as I love zombie movies and shows and such.
    "I don't need to get a life. I'm a gamer. I have lots of lives!"
  7. Contributing User

Well I watched the 8th ep last night and I thought it was awesome. I always hate to see a character killed, but we also saw some new ones added. The Gov. is loosing Cbt troopers, they are not growing on trees. Plus it is time that Rick and crew start to really explore that prison and get to know it. Also plug up all the "Holes", it makes sense now how civilians zombies got into the prison now.

AMC is going to have a complete marathon around New years of the total show in order till now. I would like to see that but I will not have the time to do that.

I can't wait for Feb 2013.
    Last edited by ByGoneYrs; December 4th, 2012 at 07:55 AM.
  9. Providing fuel for space ships

I'm not going to be able to view it until Friday, so don't spoil it by telling me a character was killed!

4.) Lawyers, see rule 3
  11. Contributing User

When you do get to see it you will be happy with the show!
  13. Contributing User

It is a shame that we must wait till 2/10/2013 to see the rest of the 8 eps in season 3.We will have to keep hanging on though, assuming the world doesn't end this December 21, 2012 NOTE: Not that I think the world is going to end, BUT that would be a great day for terroists to pull something. I guess I will take that friday off and just have a extended pre-Christmas weekend off.
    Last edited by ByGoneYrs; December 6th, 2012 at 11:01 AM.
  15. Contributing User

It kills me to hear that the network ratings people are complaining that the show is rather graphical in its horror and that PG-13 isn't a strong enoughtrating. I mean the show is on at 9pm on a sunday night, no little kids would be watching the show at that time anyway. It just seems that the amount of Political Correctiveness that we must deal with in the US is for the freaking birds! Speaking as a parent of both a 13 and 17 year old boys, I know what my sons look at in my house. My 13 year old hates the show and my 17 year old loves it. I do not have any problem with the realism graphical nature on the show at all....and...both of my sons are Boy Scouts and the oldest is working on hi s Eagle project to become a eagle Scout, and the other is a Star Scout soon to get Life in February 2013. They are both well balanced and can tell the difference between real and TV show, I don't see why the uproar now on this show.
  17. Type Cast Exception

rather graphical in its horror and that PG-13 isn't a strong enoughtrating
    You want a real horror show watch the evening news. Tonight will no doubt be a prime time example.

I don't know this show but recently I did read Hugh Howey's "I, Zombie" which is part of the new trend of telling the zombie story from the point of view of the zombies. It was awful, horrific, terrible and still a great read.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  19. Providing fuel for space ships

'lint, you don't watch the walking dead !? It's a brilliant show. For me, its one of the best on TV at the moment.

Although, there is a few great shows on from you guys across the pond at the moment, Walking Dead, Chicago Fire, Blue Bloods, Last Resort, Boardwalk Empire to name but a few, all on my watch list at the moment!

Still waiting on the new series of Criminal Minds, NCIS, NCIS: LA etc starting too.

Hmmm, on second thoughts, I watch too much TV these days!

4.) Lawyers, see rule 3
  21. Type Cast Exception

Originally Posted by aitken325i
    'lint, you don't watch the walking dead !?
    I watch sports, the news and the Sprout channel. Prior to this thread I didn't even know the show existed (nor actually any of the other ones you mention). Even football games I have to DVR and usually watch them four or five hours after the game finishes. Which really sucks when someone calls "HEY DID YOU SEE THE GAME!!!!!!!"
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  23. No Profile Picture

It started out good, I've been bored with all of season 3 though.
  25. Contributing User

Bored with season 3, are we watching the same show???
  27. Contributing User

Well I like that they found another group of survivors, and that the new people joined them. I think the new group is 3 guys and a girl, and well that should be helpful for when the gov and his folks attack. Both sides are small and I can only see it going very badly for the Gov. and his crew quickly.
  29. Contributing User

Well the new 2nd half of season 3 start this coming sunday night at 9pm eastern on 2/10/2013

It looks to be awesome, like they seem to be able to rescue Daryl from Woodberry. I for one think it is stupid for the Rick crew and the Gov at Woodberry to continue to push the issue and continue to fight. The Gov should realize that Rick's crew has the look and feel of being a harder and much more organized group. Realize that would have no idea how many or what there abilities are really. He does know that they broke in and rescued Glen and Maggie and he knows that Glenn killed a Zombie while being tied up. Plus Mishone the sword woman and attacked him, and Ricks crew also rescued Daryle from their armed hands. It would seem that Rick's crew at the Prison is a force to leave alone...how many of the Woodberry folks did Rick and crew kill? He should be running out of able body warriors.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo