Thread: phpFreaks

1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

phpFreaks

I've given up on phpFreaks.

Besides the elitist garbage that necessitates lurking for an unbelievable amount of time before one is allowed to post and edit and otherwise have reasonable access to carry on a discussion, almost every time I've asked for help / opinions, I can just feel the visceral contempt as some neck-beard at a keyboard in some dimly lit basement rolls his eyes, takes a long draw on a 64 ounce Bug Gulp, and prepares to respond...

TL;DR, RTFM...
    ...and closes my thread.
  3. Forgotten Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I haven't seen any posts from a username I recognize to be you...

Dev Shed is a competitor so I don't want to go into too much about PHP Freaks here, but if someone is causing a problem for you then have you tried reporting their post(s)?

Meanwhile I don't know what you're talking about for being unable to post. Editing is restricted to a 15 minute window and I think you might have to have a few posts to get that. Maybe instead of complaining here you should complain there? For all you know there's an administrator who tries to keep an eye on that site and help things go smoothly...
  5. No Profile Picture
    Grumpier old Moderator

Maybe I'll visit again. I used to visit phpfreaks regularly a few years back but gave up on it for some reason or another.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    I've never been able to appreciate the sublime arrogance of folks who feel they were put on earth just to save other folks from themselves .." - Donald Hamilton
  7. Contributing User

Seeing as how when ever I log in, I am told "You can not start a new thread in this forum" and "You can not reply to this topic", even ones I started, that's hard to do. I've reviewed my most recent posts and find nothing offensive. Therefore, I can only guess that some hypersensitive admin has cut me off or something. My user name is Arty Ziff.
  9. Forgotten Moderator

Looks like you didn't complete the email validation step. I've tweaked those permissions so you could post to the feedback forum, but moved your account out of the validation stage anyways.

Has it been like that for a while? Like more than a couple weeks? I changed permissions around then (barely remember what it was I did) but I was pretty sure this sort of thing would not have happened.
  11. Contributing User

Do I need to re-verify?
  13. Contributing User

Well, that's just like me: Jump to conclusions!
  15. Forgotten Moderator

Nope, you're set.

I would like to know about the timeframe, though: if what I did affected you then it may have affected others too, and I'll have to look into that.
  17. Contributing User

Oh, it's nothing probably. I jump to conclusions and take people the wrong way all the time. It's my problem. I'm not really very good at that sort of thing.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo