1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Pictures of hand-drawn sketches / quick online survey

Hi there,

I am writing my diploma thesis with the Media Computing Group at RWTH Aachen University. My topic is the connection of hand-drawn sketches and source code. In order to get a sense of what and how developers sketch I would like you to

• take a picture (e.g. with smartphone) of your whiteboard or a sheet of paper, that has some typical hand-drawn sketches on it
    • send it to me: sketch.survey@gmail.com

Note: The content of the pictures will not be published or distributed. The pictures will be deleted after evaluation. If you have any questions or concerns: Please contact me!

If you have a few more minutes:
    Join my survey about sketches. It takes about 5 minutes.
    As a small "thank you" you can win an Apple iPod shuffle.

Online survey: spy-web.de/survey/index.php/survey/index/sid/713693

Thank you very much.

- Lukas
  3. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Are you interested more in the type of picture a developer would draw to document a particular piece of functionality or the type of sketch they would randomly scribble when trying to figure something out?
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  5. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

I'm very much interested in the "randomly scribbled when trying to figure something out". But: It depends on the habits of a developer. I just would like to get a broad view on what developers are sketching.

So please don't hesitate and send me anything you got :-)
    Thanks in advance.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo