1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Programmer's Dilemma

Working late at night has finally taken its toll on me I am experiencing hair loss and I’m sick of seeing hair everywhere in our house. Aside from the stress that my job brings staying up late has become the main reason why I am losing my hair. That sucks because I feel that I am at my best when I work at midnight. I wonder if anyone here has the same experience and can you please share what treatment or course of action did you do to address this issue. Looking forward for your response.
  3. Contributing User

I used to work late, but now I find myself getting up earlier. I used to think that my best was late at night, but I find I'm at my sharpest in the morning.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Administrator

Naps.

I'm still holding onto the thought that I'm a night person; though I need to get up early in the morning. I find a post-dinner nap gets me through just fine, though I still get a bit loopy after 12:30-1am-ish.

Historically, our bodies were never supposed to do an all-day thing, then get our "8 hours of sleep each night." Europeans routinely take naps mid-day and back in the 1700s and 1800s they did too. They all got up at like 10pm, played games or did things together, then went back to sleep only to get up at the crack of dawn to work the land.
  7. No Profile Picture

Study shows that “night owls” are more creative, thus linking them to more prestigious jobs with higher incomes. Do you guys agree? LOL Staying up late is the reason why I'm losing my hair and most of the time while working I refresh myself with cold beer and that is also considered detrimental to my crowning glory as per my buddy who is a general practitioner. I'm not yet bald but I think 2 or 3 years more I will and it's freaking me out!
  9. No Profile Picture

I'm still a student but my number one dilenma when i'm doing programming is the tendency to feel very sleepy everyday due to stress and lack of sleep.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo