1. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Talking Programming in telecommunication

Hi and soz if this is the wrng place to post this but i need some answers .
    this is my first year in university in telecommunications, and i wanna know if am gna learn any type of programming languages ?
  3. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Let me understand. You are attending a university in telecommunications with access to their graduation requirements and course catalog but you want someone here, who has no idea what university you are attending to determine what courses are available. Do I have it right?
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

The answer is: probably so! And you may want to ask for English courses too...

(at least he's not asking the magic 8-ball to tell him what language he'll learn)
  7. No Profile Picture

am not asking which language they'll teach me.
    i didint attend the university yet all am asking is will there be any language they're goin to teach dnt care which. just wanna know if in telecommunications are there any programming languages related to it yes or no.
    not asking for which.
    thx
  9. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

If you get into VOIP then you probably will learn some scripting languages. I know that systems like Asterisk have some programming aspects to their call routing configurations. I don't know anything about it beyond that though.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  11. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Read the course catalog. There are probably 30 courses absolutely required for your major. Read the descriptions of those courses and look for the names of programming languages. "Telecommunications" is too broad for us to be of much help. Will you be programming internet routers? The Cisco IOS is not technically a language, but sort of counts. Will you be writing cell phone apps? Will you need to interface with Asterisk or anything of that sort? The course catalog or your advisor can answer these questions even better than we could.

EDIT: Also, I know this is a forum and therefore not a formal environment, but if you're going to be majoring in communications, you should really learn to write English properly. Or at least passably. I could barely make it through your first post.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo