Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Purple is a Fruit
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Quick Question about Folding

I want to ask a quick question about the folding plug-in that is being used for vBulletin. I was looking inside the Folding Milestones Thread and noticed that there were a couple of people there that had a lower score and fewer WUs, but had one cog beside their rep.

Take Gimp for example. He has a score of 1103 and has completed 8 WUs and has one cog, whereas I have a score of 4403 and have completed 20 WUs, but don't have any cogs? I noticed that my username on my profile page is all lower case (it's correct on the team page), could it be that the script is case sensitive? I did notice that Profftnt's Folding name is all lower case, so it's unlikely that's the problem.

I feel like I have done something wrong, or forgotten to register somewhere - I feel left out of the Happy Cog Gang
  3. Blowing up trees with my mind.
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

Have you added your Folding ID to your profile? Under User CP ->Edit Options at the bottom, it asks for your 6 digit ID. You have to put it in there. Not sure about where to find your number, go into the milestones thread and search for "user id" and there a bunch of posts to show you where to get it. Also, be sure you're on the devshed team, 12912. That should get you set up right.

Comments on this post

• McKenna agrees : You're a gentleman and a scholar
  5. Give us a kiss
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

And you'll get your first folding icon when you complete your first WU and then a new one for every 10000 points thereafter.

Risk Free Betting at Matched-Betting.com
  7. They call me geek here........
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by bainser
    And you'll get your first folding icon when you complete your first WU and then a new one for every 10000 points thereafter.
    ... and you have to wait till the next update, usually nightly for the changes to take effect on your "cogs"
    Did this help? If so, please add to my Reputation by clicking the at the top of this post

My Folding: -

9. Banned (not really)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

... and I need that $20 back that I lent you.
    -- Cigars, whiskey and wild, wild women. --
  11. <?PHP user_title("gimp"); ?>

Originally Posted by Ebow
    I want to ask a quick question about the folding plug-in that is being used for vBulletin. I was looking inside the Folding Milestones Thread and noticed that there were a couple of people there that had a lower score and fewer WUs, but had one cog beside their rep.

Take Gimp for example. He has a score of 1103 and has completed 8 WUs and has one cog, whereas I have a score of 4403 and have completed 20 WUs, but don't have any cogs? I noticed that my username on my profile page is all lower case (it's correct on the team page), could it be that the script is case sensitive? I did notice that Profftnt's Folding name is all lower case, so it's unlikely that's the problem.

I feel like I have done something wrong, or forgotten to register somewhere - I feel left out of the Happy Cog Gang
    Holy flaming crap, batman! Someone said my name...
    Chat Server Project & Tutorial | WiFi-remote-control sailboat (building) | Joke Thread
    “Rational thinkers deplore the excesses of democracy; it abuses the individual and elevates the mob. The death of Socrates was its finest fruit.”
    Use XXX in a comment to flag something that is bogus but works. Use FIXME to flag something that is bogus and broken. Use TODO to leave yourself reminders. Calling a program finished before all these points are checked off is lazy.
    -Partial Credit: Sun

If I ask you to redescribe your problem, it's because when you describe issues in detail, you often get a *click* and you suddenly know the solutions.
    Ches Koblents
  13. Banned (not really)

Originally Posted by gimp
    Holy flaming crap, batman! Someone said my name...
    Look! Someone said it again!
    -- Cigars, whiskey and wild, wild women. --
  15. Essentials and Non-Essentials.

Excuse me for being ignorant....but what is folding?
  17. <?PHP user_title("gimp"); ?>

Ignorance is fixed by searching.
    Chat Server Project & Tutorial | WiFi-remote-control sailboat (building) | Joke Thread
    “Rational thinkers deplore the excesses of democracy; it abuses the individual and elevates the mob. The death of Socrates was its finest fruit.”
    Use XXX in a comment to flag something that is bogus but works. Use FIXME to flag something that is bogus and broken. Use TODO to leave yourself reminders. Calling a program finished before all these points are checked off is lazy.

If I ask you to redescribe your problem, it's because when you describe issues in detail, you often get a *click* and you suddenly know the solutions.
    Ches Koblents
  19. Purple is a Fruit

Originally Posted by njcallen
    Folding
  21. Essentials and Non-Essentials.

gimp....unfortunately ignorance has not been fixed by searching....just more confused.

I've seen that video before, but what are all these point things that people are comparing?
  23. Essentials and Non-Essentials.

Okay...Google seemed to provide the answer..

http://folding.stanford.edu/
  25. <?PHP user_title("gimp"); ?>

Yeah, there's a thread about folding here somewhere. Searching will help you find it.

Ches Koblents
  27. i don't do negative rep
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Originally Posted by njcallen
    i've always wondered about this one - is this link relevant at all ?
  29. Purple is a Fruit

Originally Posted by marnixR
    i've always wondered about this one - is this link relevant at all ?
    That link pretty much explains it all, yeah.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo