1. A Change of Season
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Where is a good place to save private videos

Hi;

I know this sounds vague, but where is a good place to save very private videos?

Don't want to share them on any online drop-box like service.

Thanks
  3. Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

I presume you mean digital as opposed to 'physical' copies? How private and how paranoid are you? The most obvious answer is nowhere near 'the internet'. Is this for 'just' privacy, or is it also for data integrity/safety?
    The moon on the one hand, the dawn on the other:
    The moon is my sister, the dawn is my brother.
    The moon on my left and the dawn on my right.
    My brother, good morning: my sister, good night.
    -- Hilaire Belloc
  5. A Change of Season

Originally Posted by SimonJM
    I presume you mean digital as opposed to 'physical' copies? How private and how paranoid are you? The most obvious answer is nowhere near 'the internet'. Is this for 'just' privacy, or is it also for data integrity/safety?
    On hard drive. Personal xrated from past life. I could delete but that's hours of memories.
  7. Contributing User

I am not sure if there are any issues with long-term storage of bare drives (in effect, them sat idle not doing anything) so bear that in mind along with everything else. A fire-proof safe would be a good location. Whether you keep that (or any other method of keeping it safe) at your home or at a remote location would be more for you to decide. Another thing to consider is the interface oft the drive - will you still have a computer capable of accessing the data at some stage in the future?
    -- Hilaire Belloc
  9. A Change of Season

Originally Posted by SimonJM
    I am not sure if there are any issues with long-term storage of bare drives (in effect, them sat idle not doing anything) so bear that in mind along with everything else. A fire-proof safe would be a good location. Whether you keep that (or any other method of keeping it safe) at your home or at a remote location would be more for you to decide. Another thing to consider is the interface of the drive - will you still have a computer capable of accessing the data at some stage in the future?
    I don't have a home. I work from cafes and travel from country to country. It's a pain at some airports. US and Europe isn't bad but Russia, Thailand and South East Asia is almost always heart attack.

I talked to an entertainment lawyer just before and he said third party company that p0rnhub crew safe their content.

I am so close to delete the whole thing.
  11. Contributing User

Unless you have a friend with a fixed abode that you trust then I am not sure what else I can suggest. That said, I am not in the business of data security so I may well be missing something!
    -- Hilaire Belloc

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo