Thread: New Sheriff?

Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Banned (not really)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

New Sheriff?

I hear there's a new sheriff in town, so I figured I'd wander back in and see if anything has or is going to change. Good luck. I hope you've all been well.

-John
  3. Sarcky

Dude, seriously, welcome back. I've posted in the mod lounge to re-instate your rights and powers.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  5. I <3 ASCII
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by ManiacDan
    Dude, seriously, welcome back. I've posted in the mod lounge to re-instate your rights and powers.
    New Sheriff old Deputy? Seems like the kind of thing that should be set to a 60 second commercial with patriotic music and a promise to protect the community.

-MBirchmeier
  7. Banned (not really)

I'd be willing to admit guilt to shooting the old sheriff, but I did not shoot... well, you know how it goes.
  9. Lord of the Dance
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Originally Posted by Sepodati
    I'd be willing to admit guilt to shooting the old sheriff, but I did not shoot... well, you know how it goes.
    You find someone else to do the dirty job?

Can't stop thinking... our new sheriff started by posting the same message in several forums.
  11. Banned (not really)

Originally Posted by MrFujin
    You find someone else to do the dirty job?
    I know people.
  13. I <3 ASCII
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by MrFujin
    Can't stop thinking... our new sheriff started by posting the same message in several forums.
    I thought about mentioning that, but that's the nice thing about being the sheriff of the internet (site), you don't actually have to follow the rules.

-MBirchmeier

Comments on this post

• MrFujin agrees : hehe were thinkin about that too: Rules are not followed by those who create them ;)
    Last edited by MBirchmeier; June 4th, 2012 at 04:33 PM.
  15. Sarcky

Maybe nobody told him about the forum-wide announcement banner...or the announcements forum...

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  17. CEO, but responsible to u
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Hi Guys!
    as far as past members...if the mods and admin are cool with bringing back past banned members, then I'm cool with that.

I understand that there may have been past issues with people who may no longer be here...or with people who had different goals than now....all these decisions I'd like to leave up to the admins and moderators.

I certainly would love to see some people with the reputation and number of comments like you guys, come back if possible....but I also don't want poison in here...or to piss of any of the current mods or admins...

this decision on past members who were banned, I'll leave for the mods and admins to decide...it's your community...with luck, that will work.

if there are other past people who used to post here, and are your friends, please let them know that the site is getting cleaned up and that we'd love to have them back.
  19. Sarcky

Jim: Sepodati wasn't actually banned, he quit during the last management shakeup. A user who is actually banned has their "banned" sub-heading in red. We have multiple members who are serial-banned (Arty_Ziff, sizablegrin aka DaWei_M, and others). There are plenty of drama-filled threads in the mods-only forum about those members.

Sepo was never banned, the discussion is whether to re-instate his moderator powers.

Sepodati: Would you like your powers restored? There's unanimous support in the mod forums, but I know you willingly gave them up.

21. Banned (not really)

No thanks. I don't think I have enough to contribute in that area anymore.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Well, welcome back Sepodati. I hope you'll find the improvements we make over the next several weeks positive in nature... but do give us a little time before you judge
  25. Banned (not really)

Originally Posted by labatt
    Well, welcome back Sepodati. I hope you'll find the improvements we make over the next several weeks positive in nature... but do give us a little time before you judge
    I'm patient. We all put up with a lot of **** as those other guys ran the site into the ground. I hope you turn it around.

Comments on this post

• jimsthoughts agrees : With everyones help here, we'll do our best to make it great.
    -- Cigars, whiskey and wild, wild women. --
  27. Type Cast Exception

Well, welcome new overlords and old friends ...

Comments on this post

• aitken325i agrees
    • jimsthoughts agrees : :) ...but think of us as guys on your side, not overlords :) I understand that w/o the community support, this will die like other Dev forums. We're on the same team :)...and thank you for all you've contributed over the years. 14k posts is amazing!
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  29. Banned (not really)

Originally Posted by medialint
    Well, welcome new overlords and old friends ...

Comments on this post

• jimsthoughts agrees : and thank you for 14k posts since 1999. anything I can do for you, let me know.
    -- Cigars, whiskey and wild, wild women. --
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo