1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

how does SMS/ SMS center works?

THE SMS message is being recieved by a computer and sort itself out by means of country code and deposit to designated SMS center. A high computer will dial out to these mobile according to the sender's specified cell no.

the cell does not answer but just recieved and store local in a cell phone.

"a noise" is being made and the owner read his SMS.

are these SMS center with her gateway always opened to public like a newsgroup so u can deposit a" SMS with the headers"?

Local SMS deliver ("Mobile service provider") does not charge "foreign SMS"?

Comment , please, and correct me if I am wrong.

I wish to receive a SMS each from web server ( RH 7.x) about the status of the server.

HOW TO DO THIS?
  3. No Profile Picture

Connect sms-combatiple cell-phone to computer (wich is connect in internet) and then you make software wich communicates with cellphone. Now if your software check status of web-server, you can send statusinformation via sms. Nokia for example, works fine with at-command set, and it can send text-messages in humanreadable format.

-welpe
  5. No Profile Picture

Use an SMS server Software instead

It is a lot of hassle to write an SMS software there is too much work involved in the SMS alphabet encodings (UCS2, GSM7bit, etc). It makes more sence to use an SMS gateway software instead. SMS server software instead. If you have such a software you can send SMS messages from an SQL database server or simply by creating text files. Search for "SMS Server" on Google, or try to find "SPAM Edit"
    Last edited by Porthos; October 1st, 2008 at 10:33 PM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo