Results: Who cares about the outcome of sporting events? 

Voters
22 You may not vote on this poll

• I do.
    11  50.00%
  • I don't.
    9  40.91%
  • Say what?
    2  9.09%

Thread: Sporting events

Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Topic hijack!

Let me make myself a little more unpopular (aka sizablegrin's truths). BP's sins, abetteted by a corrupt government, are truly horrible. Despite that truth, most of the people yelling the loudest, while they may care, are just yelling because it's today's thang to do. If (name a popular female celebrity) exposed a pubic hair tomorrow, they'd be off and running for a new cause (show more, show less, pick one).
    I'm shocked an appalled at the number of my otherwise right-thinking friends who have responded to the gusher with some variation of "screw the constitution, screw the rule of law, Obama should take the BP board of directors behind the woodshed and shoot them, then liquidate the whole company to pay for the damages!"

I've actually been accused of being in bed with BP because of my "precious little 'rule of law'." One of my friends even said "I may not have liked Bush, but at least he got sh!t done!" Scary.

Last month they were mad about Toyota. Next month they'll be mad about McDonald's, or baseball, or Pakistan or something.

-Dan
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  3. Lord of Dorkness

Central New York. Texan via Arizona, out of his element!
    Move away from oil! Sure. Oil is more than energy. About 99 percent of the stuff within reach of you has hydrocarbons in it.

Sitting on the corral fence and thinking about sh!t is a wise investment of time indulged in by too few.
    Functionality rules and clarity matters; if you can work a little elegance in there, you're stylin'.
    If you can't spell "u", "ur", and "ne1", why would I hire you? 300 baud modem? Forget I mentioned it.
  5. Contributing User
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

Originally Posted by DaWei_M
    Oil is more than energy. About 99 percent of the stuff within reach of you has hydrocarbons in it.
    Some time in the future, oil will be too valuable and expensive to burn. From where I am sitting, its no more than 40%, but that's because my end table is made of real wood.

But @grin's point is right, oil is used everywhere. Follow the advice of The Graduate.

The down side is that in the US, if we stop using oil, we will use coal. We have zillions of tons of coal. But mining it sucks, and burning it sucks.
  7. Type Cast Exception

Originally Posted by fishtoprecords
    that's because my end table is made of real wood
    No varnish, stain, paint or polish? I've got a mini toxic waste dump under my kitchen sink from the leftover (petroleum based) crap I used staining my night stands.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  9. Contributing User

Originally Posted by medialint
    No varnish, stain, paint or polish?.
    Sure, its got that, but its only a millimeter thick on a two inch piece of wood. Favorite chair is cotton covered with wood and steel frame. Case on Lenovo thinkpad is metal, screen is plastic, as are keys and mouse.

Wonder why Disney didn't sue over calling it a mouse...
  11. Lord of Dorkness

What about the case on your TV remote? The case of your TV? The wrapper your bread comes in? Your "glasses"? The blinds or shades on your windows? Your computer keyboard, monitor, and cpu cases? Your fan or air conditioner? Your smell-good candles? (Nope, not generally wax.) The handle on your screwdrivers? Your dish drainer? Your clock? The baseball cap you wear to cover your bald spot? The chemicals to preserve the cleanliness of your "cotton" furniture coverings? Your comb? Your toothbrush? Your razor? Your condoms?

Your life is surrounded by hydrocarbons. The fuel in your car is miniscule.
    Functionality rules and clarity matters; if you can work a little elegance in there, you're stylin'.
    If you can't spell "u", "ur", and "ne1", why would I hire you? 300 baud modem? Forget I mentioned it.
  13. Contributing User

Originally Posted by DaWei_M
    The case of your TV? The wrapper your bread comes in? Your "glasses"? The blinds or shades on your windows? Your computer keyboard, monitor, and cpu cases?
    Your life is surrounded by hydrocarbons. The fuel in your car is miniscule.
    I'm not arguing with your basic idea, but as I wrote upthread, my laptop's case is metal, my TV is 15 feet away, no one has arms that long. Ditto windows, shades, etc.

PCB inside laptop, sure.
  15. No Profile Picture
    Gotta get to the next screen..

Back on track, the "I don't" team is winning, yaaay, go team!
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
  17. Contributing User

watching Down Vs Tyrone in the Ulster SFC Semi Final ... I'm an Armagh fan, I don't know who to root for ...
    --Ax
    without exception, there is no rule ...
    Handmade Irish Jewellery
    Targeted Advertising Cookie Optout (TACO) extension for Firefox
    The great thing about Object Oriented code is that it can make small, simple problems look like large, complex ones

09 F9 11 02
    9D 74 E3 5B
    D8 41 56 C5
    63 56 88 C0
    Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use regular expressions." Now they have two problems.
    -- Jamie Zawinski
    Detavil - the devil is in the detail, allegedly, and I use the term advisedly, allegedly ... oh, no, wait I did ...
    BIT COINS ANYONE
  19. Lord of Dorkness

I'm watching arm-wrestling. Me against a glass of scotch. I'm currently 4-0.

Comments on this post

• ManiacDan agrees
  21. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Well, I don't watch sports much, only basketball or football with my friends from time to time, but it is more about spending time together . Sometimes I watch programmes about fitness and bodybuilding as I've been working on gaining muscles following the tutorials from this site. Usually I find them on the Internet. Maybe I should try watching other kinds of sport...
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo