Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by medialint
    That's a lot of weight to drop in the palms of one's hands. I usually carry the weight of the world on my shoulders when needed.
    With the new iShoulders, you can carry up to six approved types of worlds at once, on the slimmest shoulders ever!
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  3. Type Cast Exception

iGot iShoulders ... iShrugs'em ..

Here's the thing: I loathe the Genius Bar. I loathe the closed architecture. But ..

I write hack code for a living. I get this from oracle, that from db2, I slam it all together in an afternoon typically with ms-office products and give people what they want. That's what I do.

So when I am not doing that I don't want to think about the technical stuff too much. Simple is good too. Or atleast straightforward.

I like the 4s. I like when I'm cooking I can pickup my phone and locked or not say "set timer for seven minutes"..

That's pretty convenient actually. I do that several times a day now.

So I got iCloud. I got the free five gig thing but the $25/yr imatch with about 8500 songs and I can't see anything missing I can access it all, including friends demo albums I know for sure aren't on itunes, pretty much anywhere.

That's handy.

They do make things easy. I told my dad to think about an iPad instead of a laptop, dude's almost 80 years old ... ya' know?

I'm a PC and I like my iPhone.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  5. Sarcky

My android phone supported "set timer for X minutes" 5 years ago. Though I still use the microwave ;-)

Unrelated to what you said, but inspired by it: I don't get the whole "the iphone invented this action" thing. The iPhone is 100% absolutely nothing new. Nothing. It didn't do MMS for five years. However, I won't deny that what it does manage to do, it does with more style than anything else on the market. I don't mind the fact that my Android's battery doesn't last as long and sometimes there's a bit of a delay in actions. It's the trade-off for multitasking and an open platform.

However, I'm right there with you on "my leisure time should not be spent fighting with technology." I have a top of the line gaming rig upstairs. Last time it was on: August. I just can't be bothered with drivers, DRM, display settings, and registry tweaks. I play my xbox, and I watch my AppleTV (only because I got it for free, I'd never buy one).

That being said, I do need power from my mobile device. I need my turn by turn GPS and the flash in the browser. I need to be able to download a new version of a built-in app if I'm not happy with the stock one. I need an open app store on top of the fact that I can install any app I want, store or not. Plus, Apple interfaces drive me up a damn wall. One button? Really? My phone has five. The G1 had seven.

Anyway, /rant. Back to my movie.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo