Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:
  1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Being a die-hard RPGer, and having done that now for 36+ years I once had a campaign where my gamers were in the future and worked as Federal Enforcers of the Interceptors Divison. Basically they were Cops. So basically in the future criminals are digitally broken down and stored until they can figure out how to "cure" them of their "bad" ways. Well the master computor called Ultra-Mind, has actually gained self awarness and trys to guide mankind to a better life after the WW III, bascially he advises the hogh council but helps to guide them in the best direction for mankind.

Anyway some criminals in the future have figured out that Ultra-Mind is runnng everything and they try to destroy it. In one of their attempts to destroy the system, a massive power surge is cascading across the system and destroying alot of systems and data. Ultra-Mind only has minutes to act and one of the systems that will be destroyed is the Prisoner storage system. Ultra-Mind can not allow any human to come to harm, so in a attempt to save them all...he dumps all 2000+ prisoners into the Time Travel system, and at random they are sent back in time.

The players are teams of Federal Enforcers, tasked with going back in time and capturing these prisoners. Now most of these prisoners are harden villians of the worse kind, all they know is the spicific prisoner will appear in + or - 8 hours, within a 2 mile radious of a specific point in what ever given year. The details are extremely vague, and these Interceptors have to try to remain hidden and capture each of these prisoners and then return to the future. I just love time travel and all the issues that could or might happen depending on what happens.
  3. 'fie' on me, allege-dly
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

It's like the wave-particle duality of light, unless you're equipped to deal with, expect your brain to flow out of your ears any time now
    --Ax
    without exception, there is no rule ...
    Handmade Irish Jewellery
    Targeted Advertising Cookie Optout (TACO) extension for Firefox
    The great thing about Object Oriented code is that it can make small, simple problems look like large, complex ones

09 F9 11 02
    9D 74 E3 5B
    D8 41 56 C5
    63 56 88 C0
    Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use regular expressions." Now they have two problems.
    -- Jamie Zawinski
    Detavil - the devil is in the detail, allegedly, and I use the term advisedly, allegedly ... oh, no, wait I did ...
    BIT COINS ANYONE
  5. Contributing User

Well I watched the new ep last night and it was inline with the show, I am starting to feel the show is dragging a little. Maybe what is needed is a little more excitement within the plot. This may still happen, because I have read that in ep 10, it is learned that the kid that the cop is working with is the CEO of the Corp that created all the cop's tech and that he planned for both the cop and the terrorists to come back in time for some reason. I guess only time will tell weather we the viewers will actually ever be able to see what the total plaots are and how they might effect time of 2077.

BTW...check out this URL of the 1st season's shows plots and season 2 went into production as of Jan 2013 for filming

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Continuum_episodes
    Last edited by ByGoneYrs; February 26th, 2013 at 03:22 PM.
  7. Contributing User

Ok the next ep was last night and once again it was a pretty good show. The Villains figured out that someone was working with the Cop from 2077, and they reasoned that most likely it was the inventor of all the high tech. Now that was a pretty good guess on their part, but that also says that this guy (the current kid) is a pretty smart person to be able to do that. The chances of altering the timeline seems to be pretty significant to me, and they have to realize that there must be more here than they themselves have ever considered. Also it would seem the future older version of the kid from 2077, sent himself files for him to read which points to he sent them back in time to begin with and he is for some reason changing or trying to change the timeline. Make ones think of the many different possibilities and plots that seem to be at work here. In all the show has a very good chance of being a good one. Also it has already begun filming the 2nd season currently, so it has some promise for us to enjoy for a while.
  9. Contributing User

So I watched the next ep of the show last night and it seems to be setting the stage for future events, but it was sad that the father/step dad was killed off, when he was not the one that was evil. The step brother is the one that is a villian and we can see he is going to cause trouble. Over all the show was ok, but I am not sure in what direction this show is taking some events.

It is starting to look more and more that the one guy that was considered a Terrorist really wasn't one and might have just be wrapped up in it by accident and situation. I guess we will see more next week.

Here is the Sneak Peak Spoiler for next weeks season 1 final show...season 2 is already in filming production:

"Endtimes"

After spending the night sleeping with Kellog (and subsequently managing to open his safe and steal back the piece of the time travel device), Kiera meets Jason, who convinces her he was in the control room when the time travel device went off only he was sent back to 1992 and for 20 years has been waiting for this particular day - the day a bomb goes off at a significant corporate target; killing many people and starting the evolution into the world of the future. Kiera races against time to stop the terrorist attack. Meanwhile, Alec and Julianís place in history will become defined by the horrific event - Alec finds out Julian has been recruited to Liber8, and before he can warn Kiera, Kagame and his company capture Alec - their arch-enemy's enabler - in the present. Kiera and the others manage to evacuate the office building where they think the explosion will take place, and Alec escapes, but it doesn't work out as planned; they realize too late the wrong building has been evacuated. Kagame is then able to enter the correct building and activates a suicide bomb, killing himself and hundreds of others, as well as destroying his target. His instructions left for Sonya are for her to succeed him as leader of Liber8, and to this end, she levels a gun at Travis to shoot him. Kiera learns there are unknown parties from the future at work in the present, and the terrorist attack is all part of a plan that was hatched in 2077, by future Alec, who masterminded Liber8's escape, and Kiera's subsequent transportation to the past, all deliberately. The season ends with Kiera, despondent when she finds Jason's claims of returning to the future are insane, with Kellog on his boat, heading out to sea. She is about to learn the reason for her transportation to the past from Alec; who has finally decrypted the message from his future self.
    Last edited by ByGoneYrs; March 12th, 2013 at 10:48 AM.
  11. Contributing User

We the season #1 finale aired last night show 10, and now we must wait for season #2 to air next October 2013. We see the leader of the terrorists die, and him reborn as a baby again to grow up as that leader again. We also find out that Alex of the future sent them all into the past including this cop too, for yet a unknown reason.

There seem to be a bunch of time loops that are not effected by the events of the past. It will be interesing to see what or how the cop reacts to this knowlegde of being sent into the past, instead of total accident as she thought.

One just has to love time travel plots. Also we have learned that there are others "free-lancers" also in the past as well too, screwing with things.
Page 2 of 2 First 12
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo