Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

New show on SyFy called Continuum

Hello eveyone,

Ok there is a newer TV show out on the SyFy channel called Continuum. Basically it is a Time Travel series where a group of Terrorists from 2077 and one Cop travel back in time to our present 2013 inwhich to try and change the past and their future.

The cop, Kiera wants to stop these Terrorists from doing that and return to the future again. It would appear that as they do things in the past, that nothing changes the future because it is becoming clear that everything they did actaully happened in the past and helped to make the world that they come from.

We see things like the cop Kiera has made contact by accident with a tenager that is working on brand new technology. Come to find out in the future he is the president and leader of the worlds most Hi-Tech company and founder of much of the future super tech. It is funny but the kid has all these ideas, and then sees her tech and fixes it and figures out how theory to physical would/could happen. Basically the main character is helping this kid become the great man and inventure he will become. She has already helped a woman that will found Pure Clean energy. She even discovers her own grand mother and helps her, funny how people are lesser than we thought they were when one looks at the real dirty grimmy facts.

It is also funny how plots within plots keep showing themselves and it is easy to see how even the Terrorists whom if you look at them really want to help society out, but they are the ones that caused it to happen the way it did in 2077. The show has real possibilities.

Also the cop keeps having flash backs to her life before she went back in time with her husband and son, and she met the head of the super company (the kid then a old man, and you can tell in that exchange that he knows her). You also can tell that the kid arranged to send all of them and her back in time to complete the past.

The show is deep and if you begin to look at all the details and start to add up the different parts, it begins to make you really wonder. In one case on of the characters (terrorists) own grandmother was killed (he tried to save her), but nothing changed. Which basically says that his real grandmother was someone else, not whom he thought.

Folks should give the show a look, it is on at Monday nights at 8pm Eastern time...they replay the last weeks show at 7pm to recap.
    Last edited by ByGoneYrs; February 12th, 2013 at 11:09 AM.
  3. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I'm still trying to figure out what a Sy is, and how one would Fy it.

Does sound interesting, though I'll have to wait and hope it appears on NetFlix I think ...
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  5. Sarcky

Flash Forward had a similar time-travel cop-show concept, and that show went nowhere. I hope this one turns out ok.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  7. Contributing User

For me I have never been a fan of the name change from SciFi to SyFy...seems kinda of stupid to me. Also it makes no sense how or why they have Wrestling or that other garbage on there anyway. I also guess if this show does take off, then they will cancel this show as well as they have done so many others on that network. They seem to lack any common sense in their leadership wisdome for programming. They seem to get off on B-Rated (more like C to D Rated) saturday night horror/fantasy/stupid and poorly acted movies.
  9. 'fie' on me, allege-dly

The 'niche' audience obviously makes more noise than we do ... look what's happened to MTv, 13-16 yo girls ... same as Kerrang
    --Ax
    without exception, there is no rule ...
    Handmade Irish Jewellery
    Targeted Advertising Cookie Optout (TACO) extension for Firefox
    The great thing about Object Oriented code is that it can make small, simple problems look like large, complex ones

09 F9 11 02
    9D 74 E3 5B
    D8 41 56 C5
    63 56 88 C0
    Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use regular expressions." Now they have two problems.
    -- Jamie Zawinski
    Detavil - the devil is in the detail, allegedly, and I use the term advisedly, allegedly ... oh, no, wait I did ...
    BIT COINS ANYONE
  11. Contributing User

I tell you, it is the older crowd that has the cash to spend on things, not the flakie kids that don't have two pennies to rub together.
  13. Sarcky

Older people are harder to market to. A commercial hasn't changed what I want to buy in probably 10 years. My younger cousins spend their allowance or babysitting money on stupid crap from TV all the time. I make purchasing decisions based on research, not ads. All an ad can ever do for me is add something to my list of things to look into.

Plus, I have a lot less disposable income now than I did when I was 19, believe it or not. Me at 19 didn't have to pay rent, alimony, child support, daycare, student loans, car payments, insurance, cell phone, internet, gas, water, electric, groceries, and gasoline before seeing if I had any money left for a used video game. I could drop $600 on a video card on a whim when I was a kid, because that money wasn't already earmarked for necessities and bills, it was just "money".

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  15. Type Cast Exception

Originally Posted by ByGoneYrs
    For me I have never been a fan of the name change from SciFi to SyFy...seems kinda of stupid to me. Also it makes no sense how or why they have Wrestling or that other garbage on there ...
    Maybe the wrestling/garbage is why they changed their name, so they could show things other than "science fiction". Unlike, say, "The Learning Channel" which the title portends to enrich one's intellect but in reality has the opposite effect.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  17. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code

I have almost given up watching science fiction dramas, given that nearly every single one that I've started watching in the past 5 years has been canceled after one season.
    Caprica
    SGU
    Awake
    Terra Nova
    FlashForward
    Defying Gravity

Surprisingly, Falling Skies made it past season 1. If Revolution does too, I will be amazed.

Does sound interesting, though I'll have to wait and hope it appears on NetFlix I think ...
    Season one appears to be available online: http://continuumtheseries.com/episodes

Also it makes no sense how or why they have Wrestling or that other garbage on there anyway
    This is the point at which I stopped watching that channel completely.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  19. Contributing User

Well as for other SciFi type shows that you listed...

Caprica - I didn't like this show myself(to much mello-drama for my taste)
    SGU - I liked this show, took a while to get into fully but once I got into it and etc...they shut down the SG whole enterprise - saddly The Beserker Robots made a awesome enemy/villian...wondered how they were going to survive that.
    Awake - Never saw it
    Terra Nova - I liked it and it was started to get interesting, most likely plot was Bermuda Triangle creeping plots
    FlashForward - Never saw it
    Defying Gravity - Never saw it

Falling Skies - liked it but not fully into it, watched it towards the end...is it still going?
    Revolution - sounds like it might be good but have to wait and see, need to see more of it's plot lines first

Now I love The Walking Dead and that is going strong, but then it is on AMC and not SyFy and it is in season 3 currently.

I hear your meaning though about the shows, I have always considered myself a DieHard SciFi fan, but I guess I am not their target market (Age 48, married, 2 teenager kids, IT professionial, RPGer). I guess I don't fit into the "group" that is their target.
    Last edited by ByGoneYrs; February 13th, 2013 at 11:02 AM.
  21. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code

Caprica - I didn't like this show myself(to much mello-drama for my taste)
    Yeah, but it had Alessandra Torresani and Magda Apanowicz.
    PHP FAQ

Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  23. Sarcky

Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    Yeah, but it had Alessandra Torresani and Magda Apanowicz.
    After googling those two people, I have to say I can't blame you much.

However, I never understood watching something just because someone attractive is in it. I could just watch regular BSG and then google those girls and end up better off.

25. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code

Ah, I didn't actually mean I didn't like the show, I thought it was decent, but I agree they did focus a bit heavily on the drama aspects. Regular BSG did have a better balance, but it had already ended (I watched seasons 1 - 3 in the few weeks before season 4 started).
    PHP FAQ

27. Contributing User

Last nights show was pretty good, but it makes me wonder if the Kid that the Protector is working with is actually the secret person that allowed all these terrorists to travel back in time to set all this stuff in motion to make the future what it became. Thus I really do not beleiev they have the way to change the past, thus anything that they did actually happened and all they are doing is reliving or doing the things that needs to happen for the future to happen as it already has happened. Call it a loop in time.
  29. No Profile Picture

My wife and I watched this on InDemand...looks really good. Gotta finish up to where we left off though.
Page 1 of 2 12 Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo