1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Originally Posted by edwinbrains
    But if they don't visit the lounge then they won't see this thread either. Anyone want me to un-sticky this thread or not?
    Ya a lot of people that help in the other threads dont cruise this thread down here......

I would say leave the sticky, it ant taking much room on top and if someone would like to thank someone else for the help, BOOP there it is.......

But again I want to thank SilentRage!!!!!

Have you looked at the DNS thread?????
    Look at the last poster of all the posts!!!!

Just look at how many people he helps out......
    I'm sure it is not because he has nothing better to do..... LOL

SilentRage is a rare..... He helps because he can and want nothing in return, but for you to say "yep that fixed it thank you"...........

So my vote would be leave it as a sticky.....

Comments on this post

• Axweildr agrees
  3. CAUTION: Loderator Moose
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

that dns thread is great..

to megumi amatuka, wanderer and balamm who come up with great problem solving posts in the windows forum. i often use their posts to solve problems on various windooze boxes.. you guys really know your stuff.
    Last edited by oneMSBi; February 8th, 2005 at 01:31 PM.
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I was saying yesterday how the most amazing thing about this place is that no one is really an a**hole, as even when you see the same topics over and over, and get ridiculous questions, people are always willing to help, and so I offer it in return.

Helps to develop, and helps others
  7. Big Daddy
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Gotta thank:

Webmasta

Sepodati (in all his incarnations)

Ctb (Just for having the intelligence to offer quality arguments in a discussion whether he's right or not). LOL

ChiefWigs

The good doctor (Keep on Groovin')

There are others, and you know who you are. Sorry I can't recall ATM. I need another drink...

Chris
    Pop, pop, fizz, fizz, oh what a relief it is!
  9. No Profile Picture
    Stumpier old Moderator
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I was saying yesterday how the most amazing thing about this place is that no one is really an a**hole,
    Well, I guess we've not crossed paths yet then

Comments on this post

• Viper_SB agrees : got to rep you for that :) ammiting that you are an a hole is good
    • B-Con agrees : rofl :D
    • JimmyGosling agrees : join the club.
    • Domwiz agrees
    • medialint agrees : Belated++ I just now saw this (4/23/05) LOL! Doug is a good guy.
    ======
    Doug G
    ======
    It is a truism of American politics that no man who can win an election deserves to. --Trevanian, from the novel Shibumi
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

Originally Posted by Doug G
    Well, I guess we've not crossed paths yet then
    Ah, yes. You're right.

I take it back
  13. CAUTION: Loderator Moose

Thumbs up members who do devshed proud !

I dont know how many of you visit the antivirus forum, but there is a mod there by the name of TomMboy who's doing a fantastic job. most of the people he helps are completely satisfied. and he tackles the same probs again and again with great patience.

the best part is , he's so good most of them end of by saying they gotta recomend devshed to others. its really amazing to see.
    true its mostly noobs & non-programmers comming into devshed from there, but i'm sure they contribute to devshed's revenue more than the old hands do through ad clicks etc.

another user who really's patient with the noobs there is grinler.. but he seems not to ahve been online lately.. good job guys.

hey i know this is an unusual thread. since I'm not sure if it should be joined to the thankyou thread.. i'll let the mods decide.

Mod Edit: Threads merged. --Peter
    Last edited by codergeek42; April 15th, 2005 at 03:36 PM.
    Nigel
    ..Seeking code free nirvana...
    Nigel Fernandes Blog
    Never argue with fools. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Manchester United Forever
  15. Prom night: 1973
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Yawmark is doing some excellent posting in the Java forum. He knows his stuff, has a lot of patience, and you get the feeling that most users get what they want and a bit more from his advice. The forum doesn't need much moderation, but since DrGroove and Nemi aren't as visible nowadays, the Powers That Be could do worse than see if he's interested.

Comments on this post

• ishnid agrees
  17. Psycho Canadian
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

Originally Posted by oneMSBi
    I dont know how many of you visit the antivirus forum, but there is a mod there by the name of TomMboy who's doing a fantastic job. most of the people he helps are completely satisfied. and he tackles the same probs again and again with great patience.

the best part is , he's so good most of them end of by saying they gotta recomend devshed to others. its really amazing to see.
    true its mostly noobs & non-programmers comming into devshed from there, but i'm sure they contribute to devshed's revenue more than the old hands do through ad clicks etc.
    agreed more people should rep him just for doing so , I do from time to time.
  19. Providing fuel for space ships

I agree. I also think that Megumi in the Windows and Computer Hardware forums does a good job.

Comments on this post

• oneMSBi agrees : meant to rep you ages ago .. just remebered now
    The No Ma'am commandments:

1.) It is O.K. to call hooters 'knockers' and sometimes snack trays
    2.) It is wrong to be French
    3.) It is O.K. to put all bad people in a giant meat grinder
    4.) Lawyers, see rule 3
    5.) It is O.K. to drive a gas guzzler if it helps you get babes
    6.) Everyone should car pool but me
    7.) Bring back the word 'stewardesses'
    8.) Synchronized swimming is not a sport
    9.) Mud wrestling is a sport
  21. Cunning Linguist

I used to live at home, now I stay at the house
    /Me agrees

Except most people have no idea what he's saying most of the time...

Comments on this post

• edwinbrains agrees : lol
  23. Crypto-Con

I'd like to thank mikateet in the C/++ forum for bringing more content to the forums than I could even dream of bringing
    - "Cryptographically secure linear feedback shift register based stream ciphers" -- a phrase that'll get any party started.
    - Why know the ordinary when you can understand the extraordinary?
    - Sponsor my caffeine addiction! (36.70 USD received so far -- Latest donor: Mark Foxvog.
    )
  25. CAUTION: Loderator Moose

yeah.. megumi has given me loads of info .. already thanked him earlier in this thread. he really makes the effort even though he doesnt speak english too well.. gotta admire that.

bcon : i knew about the sticky.. but i wasnt sure if this was a thankyou kinda thread.. just wanted a memeber who i though wasnt appreciated enough to get noticed. i do what he does in this forum, for a living in a way, and i get paid. he doesnt. just felt thats cool.
    anybody else know a few ?
    Nigel
    ..Seeking code free nirvana...
    Nigel Fernandes Blog
    Never argue with fools. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Manchester United Forever
  27. Banned (not really)

One person that's been left out of this thread that really needs to be thanked is r937. Never heard of him? Even though he's got over 7000 posts here? Then you've never been to the database forums. This guy owns the MySQL forum and is always answering questions correctly, completely and politely. You don't see him trolling the Lounge and wasting time like I do, he's here to help people.

DO NOT $rep++ me for this. Go find the dude and thank him for his hard work and rep one of his answers if it's good (and it will be).

---John Holmes...

PS: I never really checked, but I really hope r937 is a guy. Otherwise I'm looking pretty dumb right now.

Comments on this post

• codergeek42 agrees : Yeah. r937 is VERY helpful and polite. :-)
    -- Cigars, whiskey and wild, wild women. --
  29. Psycho Canadian
    Devshed Demi-God (4500 - 4999 posts)

Originally Posted by Sepodati
    One person that's been left out of this thread that really needs to be thanked is r937. Never heard of him? Even though he's got over 7000 posts here? Then you've never been to the database forums. This guy owns the MySQL forum and is always answering questions correctly, completely and politely. You don't see him trolling the Lounge and wasting time like I do, he's here to help people.

DO NOT $rep++ me for this. Go find the dude and thank him for his hard work and rep one of his answers if it's good (and it will be).

---John Holmes...

PS: I never really checked, but I really hope r937 is a guy. Otherwise I'm looking pretty dumb right now.
    yep I agree r937 is great when it comes to databases, not only does he have 7k posts but he has that in multiple forums, (he's over at sitepoint with quite a few also) he really knows his stuff

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo