Page 5 of 16 First ... 3456715 ... Last
  • Jump to page:
  1. llama slayer
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Do you have a forum hero?

I know this may sound like a sad question, but I remember when I joined a couple years ago how glad I was to know that people like Sep, jharnois, and colpaarm were online in the php forum when I had a problem. Their ability to help solve my problems was one of my driving factors towards getting better at programming, so that I too could help people someday.

Even though I may not have the right answers all the time, I still enjoy helping people because of the help I received. Thanks guys!

So...who's your "forum hero"?
    "So I hired the best Feng-Shui artist to come down here and get my yin and yang in order, cause I...FRICK'N...LOVE...HARMONY!!!"
    - Captain Murphey, Sealab 2021
  3. /* Spawn Killer Killer */
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

easy...r937 in MySQL forum

but isn't this thread kinda similar to the sticky thread: I'd like to thank?
  5. llama slayer

meh, kinda, but it was a couple years old I think. Thanking someone, and specifying that they were somone's forum rolemodel though, imo, are two different things.
    "So I hired the best Feng-Shui artist to come down here and get my yin and yang in order, cause I...FRICK'N...LOVE...HARMONY!!!"
  7. No Profile Picture
    Brony & F/OSS Advocate
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Threads merged.
    ~~ Peter ~~ :: ( Who am I? ) :: ( Peter's Musings: Uploading myself, bit by bit... ) :: ( Electronic Frontier Foundation ) :: ( I'm a GNU/Linux addict and Free Software Advocate. ) :: ( How to Ask Questions the Smart Way ) :: ( The Fedora Project, sponsored by Red Hat ) :: ( GNOME: The Free Software Desktop Project ) :: ( GnuPG Public Key ) :: ( About me on the WIki )
  9. llama slayer

well don't I feel like a f'n n00b... *smacks head against desk multiple times*
    it was a freak'n sticky! ...
    *continues bashing head against a hard object*
  11. No Profile Picture

Originally Posted by h4x0r
    I know this may sound like a sad question, but I remember when I joined a couple years ago how glad I was to know that people like Sep, jharnois, and colpaarm were online in the php forum when I had a problem. Their ability to help solve my problems was one of my driving factors towards getting better at programming, so that I too could help people someday.

Even though I may not have the right answers all the time, I still enjoy helping people because of the help I received. Thanks guys!

So...who's your "forum hero"?
    My hero is markisdee
  13. Cunning Linguist

I used to live at home, now I stay at the house
    Now that is brotherly love!

Does he kick the crap out of you if you don't suck up to him online?!
  15. No Profile Picture

no he never beats me up. hes just annoying sometimes (and thats worse than my other brother beating me up).i just said that because i thought you all would disagree with me because you all agreed when i said he was a weenie.

Comments on this post

• oneMSBi disagrees : well.. ok .. here some rep-- since you want it ;)
    • Markisdee disagrees : here's some for you
  17. (retired)

So... got any embarressing stories to tell us about your brother?
  19. No Profile Picture

Ya ummmmmmmm... one time i was playing against his baseball team. I was 12 at the time and he was almost 15 (14 and 10 months to be exact). I was pitching and he was batting and I struck him out. It isn't the most embarrasing thing but it's the best thing I could think of.

Cheif Wigs- will you put me on your blacklist for the post that markisdee is my hero?
  21. Cunning Linguist

I used to live at home, now I stay at the house
    Originally Posted by The Bone
    Cheif Wigs- will you put me on your blacklist for the post that markisdee is my hero?
    Erm... Why?
  23. No Profile Picture

Because I want to have the lowest rep ever.

Comments on this post

• Sepodati disagrees : Please tell me your parents didn't breed any more of you idiots...
    • kurious disagrees : Hopefully you'll also be the user with the most bans. Then I won't have to read this crap anymore.
    • Axweildr agrees : I don't think its fair ;)
    • codergeek42 disagrees : you asked for it :-P
    • Ucht agrees : 'coz i'm mean that way
    • edwinbrains disagrees
    • Markisdee disagrees : I'll try and help you out. You've got a long way until you reach the low of "Microsoft," though.
    • B-Con disagrees : heck, man, if you want low rep, I can help out....
    • ChiefWigs1982 disagrees : Yeah, why not...
    • kicken disagrees : my small contribution
    • medialint agrees : Which button is the "any" button again?
  25. 'fie' on me, allege-dly

@Chief,
    a see saw approach to the Bandwagon, bring the Bone back to green, and then red again, perhaps
    --Ax
  27. CAUTION: Loderator Moose
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

...what a waste of time and bandwidth ...
    Nigel
    ..Seeking code free nirvana...
    Nigel Fernandes Blog
    Never argue with fools. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Manchester United Forever
  29. No Profile Picture
    Permanently Banned

Giving Credit Where It's Due

Having just spent a few hours perusing through the various Forums here, it occurred to me how helpful many people in the lounge are. If you only visit the lounge, you would think that the posters here (aka "trolls") are just nerds with nothing better to do but make fun of each other.

Not only are some posters here VERY helpful, but they most often never get thanked by those who initially come pleading for help. So here's a thank you to:

oneMSBi - reads HiJackThis logs and responds with clear "how to" instructions" and asks for a repost to check on progress. Most of the time, there's no response (likely because those helped don't even come back to the forum).

TomMyboy - "Hi pranavtulsian, Please post a fresh HijackThis log and we'll get this straightened out." Nuff said.

jharnois - helps those needing CSS help in a clear and concise manner. Responds to almost every question.

Sepodati - His wisdom is spread almost everywhere. Does he get paid for this?

I'm sure other "loungers" are helpful too, but I haven't finished wading through all the forums. In case no-one has said it recently -

Thank You

Feel free to add to the list of those deserving of thanks.

Comments on this post

• jbot agrees : nice of you to thank the "trolls" for the really desperate but most ungrateful also. good for you.
    • oneMSBi agrees : heheh aww shucks... i'm just a forum troll. TomMyboy is the real man in da forum. Dngrsone does a nice job too.
    • Sepodati agrees : +25
    • codergeek42 agrees : I agree. $users['wizzyman']->rep += $users['codergeek42']->rep_power; ^_^
    • B-Con agrees : stop showing off, coder :p
    • Axweildr agrees : In rep > 1 yet?
    • funkyfoof agrees : rep > posts (ala JimmyGosling)
    • JordanT agrees
Page 5 of 16 First ... 3456715 ... Last
  • Jump to page:

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo