1. Type Cast Exception
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

There's no excuse

<RANT>

There's no excuse for having a retail business website greeting you with this.

jtablesession::Store Failed
    DB function failed with error number 1016
    Can't open file: 'jos_session.MYI' (errno: 145) SQL=INSERT INTO `jos_session` ( `session_id`,`time`,`username`,`gid`,`guest`,`client_id` ) VALUES ( '917c2181ede0586be9dd4fed6ccf653e','1355786262','','0','1','0' )
    So here I am thinking "I'll stop by Best Music on my way home and get a harmonica for "Santa" to give to me at Christmas" and I browse the Internet for harmonicas, get an idea of what I want, google [local music store name] Oakland and find their website and ...

... and ...

I would just assume they were out of business if I didn't actually pass the damn store every day and know better ("Store Failed" after all).

At the very least if there is an error you should redirect to a static page that's at least somewhat useful, such as what I found here: (removed ... Merry Christmas)

Glad your test site is working ... uh ... now fix the real one!?

</RANT>

I still intend to stop by on my way home and buy a harmonica, though. Ho ho ho ...
    Last edited by medialint; December 20th, 2012 at 11:25 AM. Reason: removed url to protect the guilty :-)
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  3. Banned ;)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    Offer to repair their jos_session table for them and see if they'll give you 10% off on your harmonica .

REPAIR TABLE jos_session FTW!
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo
  5. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code

There's no excuse for having a retail business website greeting you with this.
    Actually, I have to disagree. It looks like a small local business to me, and I doubt that a large amount of their business is driven from their website. I doubt their website is very high on their list of priorities for that reason, and it wouldn't really make business sense for them to invest a lot of money in maintaining a high availability website.

There's a very good probability that they don't even have anyone available to fix the problem. They might have to go out and find a contractor to get it fixed.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  7. Sarcky

jos_session is a joomla table. This is a fire-and-forget setup by someone's nephew, not a real dev doing an online store.

The version of Joomla one of my projects runs on would have thrown "infinite loop detected in JError" for this issue. Because Joomla 2.1 (I think) had an infinite loop error in the error handling code, and the Joomla core would catch all errors as an infinite loop. All of them.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  9. Type Cast Exception

Originally Posted by E-Oreo
    Actually, I have to disagree. It looks like a small local business to me, and I doubt that a large amount of their business is driven from their website. I doubt their website is very high on their list of priorities for that reason, and it wouldn't really make business sense for them to invest a lot of money in maintaining a high availability website.

There's a very good probability that they don't even have anyone available to fix the problem. They might have to go out and find a contractor to get it fixed.
    I actually mentioned it to them and they said "Yeah, but our webmaster is in the back stringing guitars".

It is a small business, still, the guitar tech webmaster should find the time to research an error redirect after the holidays :-)

Joomla 2.1 (I think) had an infinite loop error in the error handling code, and the Joomla core would catch all errors as an infinite loop. All of them.
    Huh ... that sounds broken.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  11. Sarcky

Originally Posted by medialint
    Huh ... that sounds broken.
    So broken. We actually nearly lost PCI compliance over our craptastic joomla install. Technically the informational website we host for documentation and marketing sits on one of the production clusters, so it was declared an unsecured entrypoint. We had to upgrade it and move it off-site. Dumb.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo