Thread: Thread Spotting

1. Hats off to Mr. Joseph donahue
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

The thickness of the gray matter should never be underestimated. This guy proves it (again and again)...

Comments on this post

• AdamPI agrees : Im in his base stealin his code tags, that's why he can't use them... ( :
  2. Moderator Emeritus
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by RAJ_55555
    The thickness of the gray matter should never be underestimated. This guy proves it (again and again)...
    Every programmer should read this before they write a line of code, and certainly before they start asking for help on forums.
    DrGroove, Devshed Moderator | New to Devshed? Read the User Guide | Connect with me on LinkedIn
  3. 'fie' on me, allege-dly

The SEO appeal of ESR's document has some serious merit
    --Ax
    without exception, there is no rule ...
    Handmade Irish Jewellery
    Targeted Advertising Cookie Optout (TACO) extension for Firefox
    The great thing about Object Oriented code is that it can make small, simple problems look like large, complex ones

09 F9 11 02
    9D 74 E3 5B
    D8 41 56 C5
    63 56 88 C0
    Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use regular expressions." Now they have two problems.
    -- Jamie Zawinski
    Detavil - the devil is in the detail, allegedly, and I use the term advisedly, allegedly ... oh, no, wait I did ...
    BIT COINS ANYONE
  4. Sarcky

Every programmer should read this before they write a line of code, and certainly before they start asking for help on forums.
    Hey, that's in my sig, link-stealer! (not really, but a subsection of it is)

Step 2: Make fox news stop using the word "hacker" to mean "tactical nuclear strike inside the president's internet"
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  5. Did you steal it?

Originally Posted by ManiacDan
    tactical nuclear strike inside the president's internet
    Them bloody liberals keep talking about how it's not the President's Internet but how it belongs to everybody! Damn Communists! Health care came first and next comes the Internet? You know what will come after that? Your land and food and property, that's what! They'll take it away from you and give it to somebody else.

And you know who else did that? The Nazis.

</glenn-beck>

Comments on this post

• ManiacDan agrees : Oh man, out of points...
  6. 'fie' on me, allege-dly

And with that, Godwin's Law invoked, end of the thread spotting thread ... or do we buck the trend ...
    --Ax
    without exception, there is no rule ...
    Handmade Irish Jewellery
    Targeted Advertising Cookie Optout (TACO) extension for Firefox
    The great thing about Object Oriented code is that it can make small, simple problems look like large, complex ones

09 F9 11 02
    9D 74 E3 5B
    D8 41 56 C5
    63 56 88 C0
    Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use regular expressions." Now they have two problems.
    -- Jamie Zawinski
    Detavil - the devil is in the detail, allegedly, and I use the term advisedly, allegedly ... oh, no, wait I did ...
    BIT COINS ANYONE
  7. Moderator Emeritus

Hey, that's in my sig, link-stealer! (not really, but a subsection of it is)
    I ran across that page well over a decade ago... though I'm happy to hear you have it in your sig (I block sigs on DS... keeps the pages smaller)
    DrGroove, Devshed Moderator | New to Devshed? Read the User Guide | Connect with me on LinkedIn
  8. Moderator Emeritus

I know we have a habit of piling on to posts linked in thread spotting, but I gotta ask a favor: Let me handle this one.

Anyhow...check this post out... esp OP's first response to my post... seriously, whine much?

Comments on this post

• ManiacDan agrees : Can I borrow some patience?
  9. Sarcky

In this thread, a PHP noob comes to the PHP forum with the intent to actually learn something. It's so refreshing that I've been answering every single question he's had. Look! He learns, uses that knowledge to better himself, and continues asking good questions! It's like finding a unicorn!

-Dan

Comments on this post

• drgroove agrees : User of the Week! :D
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  10. Moderator Emeritus

In this thread, a PHP noob comes to the PHP forum with the intent to actually learn something. It's so refreshing that I've been answering every single question he's had. Look! He learns, uses that knowledge to better himself, and continues asking good questions! It's like finding a unicorn!

-Dan
    At first I didn't believe you... I thought you might be hallucinating, or something. But you're right... makes me think we should have a n00b of the week, or something... what an awesome user! Reminds me of why we do this in the first place...
  11. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Nice, that's cool. Hope you do not get such troll, again.

Comments on this post

• RAJ_55555 disagrees : you were saying something about trolls??
  12. Hats off to Mr. Joseph donahue

Originally Posted by PacificHost_
    Nice, that's cool. Hope you do not get such troll, again.
    Is there a thread called troll spotting?? Posts by PacificHost and thomasdisoja
  13. Eager to learn
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

I too have noticed PacificHosts being quite the worthless troll in quite a few threads...

Comments on this post

• ManiacDan agrees : he's bumping his post count.
    "Quality of responses may vary. I reserve the right to change my mind for any reason what-so-ever without admitting I was wrong. I'd prefer to change your mind however, it's easier on my ego". - jwdonahue

"so no-one has actually bothered to post an original quote ? what's wrong with making up your own?"
    - marnixR
  14. Hats off to Mr. Joseph donahue

15. Type Cast Exception

Originally Posted by RAJ_55555
    Electrons weigh a ton if you get enough of them. He must have been downloading the Internet.

Comments on this post

• RAJ_55555 agrees : :-)
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo