Thread: Thread Spotting

1. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

DoubleDee actually ragequit the forums after this interaction with me where she claims her code is secure because it uses authorizenet and scolds me for making the stupid assumption that she'd use any kind of database on her business website. She later ended up joining PHPFreaks and encountering me over there as well. We exchanged PMs for a while wherein she told me that I was a jerk and that nobody cared what I said anyway. When I told her she was still wrong and she didn't matter to me in the slightest she took a 3 day break from the forums then came back to tell me a sob story about horrible grievous injury and suffering, potentially in an attempt to make me feel bad for being so callous toward her arrogance.

Bonus content, watch requinix and I toy with backslider and then requinix ban him here

-Dan

Comments on this post

• Guelphdad agrees : Okay this is way old but i was trolling here today anyway. I know the handle, she's a help vampire elsewhere too!
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  2. Sarcky

Originally posted to the PHP forum, but since moved to the lounge:
    Dear Mods, why some Threads die here?

Any other mods or long-time users want to respond? Northie and I already dumped our opinions on the thread.

-Dan

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  3. Moderator Emeritus

Originally Posted by ManiacDan
    Originally posted to the PHP forum, but since moved to the lounge:
    Dear Mods, why some Threads die here?

Any other mods or long-time users want to respond? Northie and I already dumped our opinions on the thread.

-Dan
    I replied to it.
    DrGroove, Devshed Moderator | New to Devshed? Read the User Guide | Connect with me on LinkedIn
  4. Sarcky

It's about 6 weeks old at this point, but look what happens when you dare Nilpo to ban you.

-Dan

Comments on this post

• dbconnect_zim agrees : A great read ... lmao! Thank you kindly.

5. Moderator Emeritus

It's about 6 weeks old at this point, but look what happens when you dare Nilpo to ban you.

-Dan
    LMAO... nice. FWIW, you were totally justified w/ all of your posts... some users just do not get it.
    DrGroove, Devshed Moderator | New to Devshed? Read the User Guide | Connect with me on LinkedIn
  6. Sarcky

Originally Posted by drgroove
    LMAO... nice. FWIW, you were totally justified w/ all of your posts... some users just do not get it.
    Thank you. Sometimes I worry that I'm too big of a jerk, but then guys like this come along and justify my existence.

He's created new accounts from the same IP in the 6 weeks since. I keep going back and checking his IP at random intervals and banning his new accounts without comment.

7. CSS & JS/DOM Adept

Complaint from new member who didn't receive any replies to his thread: Shame On All of You!
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  8. Sarcky

A good thread from my experiences over on PHPFreaks, this guy cannot understand "if the field is not submitted, put a zero in the query instead of nothing."

9. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

A good thread from my experiences over on PHPFreaks, this guy cannot understand "if the field is not submitted, put a zero in the query instead of nothing."
    But ... zero IS nothing ...
    The moon on the one hand, the dawn on the other:
    The moon is my sister, the dawn is my brother.
    The moon on my left and the dawn on my right.
    My brother, good morning: my sister, good night.
    -- Hilaire Belloc
  10. Sarcky

He eventually "solved" it by quoting his numeric fields. Check again.

11. CSS & JS/DOM Adept

Dan, I think you're being overly hard on him. I don't think what you told him to do is as obvious as you seem to think it is. However, it is a shame he seems to think he understands what you were telling him to do when he plainly doesn't.

Anyway, why didn't you just show him these simple lines?
    Code:
    $age = empty($age)?0:$age;
    $weight = empty($weight)?0:$weight;

Comments on this post

• Skipt agrees
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  12. Sarcky

I try not to give the absolutely exact "here r teh codez" kind of answers so that people actually learn rather than using the forums as a crutch.

That example is good except it might be put in the wrong place or he may not have been giving me the exact code. Also, it's the full solution rather than comments designed to help him understand SQL syntax. He's just going to do the same thing with dates or nulls down the line since he doesn't understand what the issue was (and still doesn't even though I specifically told him).

13. Sarcky

Joomla strikes again (though the OP didn't mention that until the 19th post).

Comments on this post

• Skipt agrees

14. Did you steal it?

15. Type Cast Exception

Originally Posted by requinix
    I'm reminded of a guy Bill in my Deductive Logic class in college. He was a pretty bright, if somewhat odd character but he slacked off all through class. Day before finals Bill comes to me "Tim! You HAVE TO HELP ME study for the Deductive Logic exam!!!!" I told Bill "I don't NEED TO study for that exam I have a PHYSICS exam tomorrow, I am quite certain of getting an A in Logic, it's physics I need to worry about" ... "BUT I NEED HELP!" (door slams) Sorry, Bill. (Well, not really, I didn't feel sorry at all).
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo