Thread: Thread Spotting

1. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  2. Moderator Emeritus

Originally Posted by ManiacDan
    ONFG... just. Wow.
    DrGroove, Devshed Moderator | New to Devshed? Read the User Guide | Connect with me on LinkedIn
  3. CSS & JS/DOM Adept

I'm pretty sure I've seen a necro of a thread started in 1999 in one of the forums I moderate before. It is rare though.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  4. Sarcky

This is turning in to jusy plain CRAZYNESS

Background: This user posted the same message three times. Once in HTML, and twice in PHP. I killed the PHP thread and warned each of the duplicate posts for one point apiece (for those that don't know, warnings expire and you're not banned until you hit 10 points).

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  5. Sarcky

6. Sarcky

7. No Profile Picture
    I haz teh codez!
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

People with brain damage should not be allowed to attempt to program.
    I ♥ ManiacDan & requinix

This is a sig, and not necessarily a comment on the OP:
    Please don't be a help vampire!
  8. Come play with me!

PHP is awesome for many things, but it's easy to learn and has a low barrier to entry. I say "but" because sometimes that's a bad thing (from phpfreaks).
    I'm scared and you should be too: these are the people building websites you might use.
    Last edited by requinix; March 9th, 2012 at 04:35 PM.
  9. CSS & JS/DOM Adept

Originally Posted by requinix
    PHP is awesome for many things, but it's easy to learn and has a low barrier to entry. I say "but" because sometimes that's a bad thing (from phpfreaks).
    I'm scared and you should be too: these are the people building websites you might use.
    Wow... It's so very scary that someone would manage to make something that has a certain amount of complexity and not know that the password shouldn't be anywhere but the database and even there it really should be hashed.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  10. Sarcky

Holy crap how come I didn't see this guy? Wow...I just...wow.

11. Automagically Delicious
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Anyone know what's being said here? I don't quite get it...
    Adam TT
  12. Sarcky

Requinix turns into me at the end of this thread.

13. Type Cast Exception

Originally Posted by AdamPI
    Anyone know what's being said here? I don't quite get it...
    I just get down my computer, I am working on it, but suddenly get down and can’t get start again.
    That's what happens when us old people listen to too much James Brown.

The password as a filename is about the stupidest thing I've heard of in some time.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  14. Sarcky

What happens when you question a scammy recruiter

My favorite part is how he claims I'm jealous of the hypothetical "Guru's" who will succeed with his hypothetical company.

No wait, my favorite part is when he says I'm arguing with myself during my quote-and-respond argument with him.

No no wait! My favorite part is when he randomly accuses me of being lonely.

Ok, seriously, my actual favorite part is when he talks about how he's built up his reputation over decades, and then proceeds to be a douche and resort to personal insults.

15. I <3 ASCII
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Original link

Ok, seriously, my actual favorite part is when he talks about how he's built up his reputation over decades, and then proceeds to be a douche and resort to personal insults.
    For my general amusement I googled the e-mail address he provided, and stumbled upon his linked in page (not linked) this was my favorite part:

My superlative approach is based on two dimensions:

• Unrivalled networks of people who trust me implicitly with their careers and/or vacancies, because I actually take the time to genuinely understand peoples needs.

• My ability to locate ‘impossible to find’ candidates using non-traditional recruitment methods
    I wonder which dimension he considers devshed.

-MBirchmeier
    Last edited by ManiacDan; March 14th, 2012 at 02:32 PM.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo