Thread: Thread Spotting

1. Sarcky
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

He seems to look down on careerbuilder and monster, I assume programming forums with 15 year old work-for-hire sections are part of his non-traditional recruitment methods.

When he says he has a "superlative approach" does he mean that he's better than most, or that he's overblown and exaggerated? Ironically, there are two definitions to that word.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  2. Type Cast Exception

In fact, they will easily beat FB and Twitter's 'users after 6 months'.
    Awesome. Along with Newt's $2.00 gas the future's so bright I've got to wear shades.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  3. I <3 ASCII
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by medialint
    Awesome. Along with Newt's $2.00 gas the future's so bright I've got to wear shades.
    The only way we'll get to $2 gas again is if we convert to the metric system. But given Newt's politics I think if that were to occur he'd lose it over excessive government regulation of our free market unit system.

-MBirchmeier
  4. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

If I were to go and top up my tank (diesel) and went to the cheapest place I know of that's not out of my way I'd be paying the equivalent of 2.27USD. That's per litre, by the way.
    The moon on the one hand, the dawn on the other:
    The moon is my sister, the dawn is my brother.
    The moon on my left and the dawn on my right.
    My brother, good morning: my sister, good night.
    -- Hilaire Belloc
  5. Hats off to Mr. Joseph donahue
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

Millenium Problem? It's trivial

P.S. Originally Spotted by : Scorpions4ever. Was too damn funny not to share it here..
  6. No Profile Picture
    I haz teh codez!
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

I ♥ ManiacDan & requinix

This is a sig, and not necessarily a comment on the OP:
    Please don't be a help vampire!
  7. Put a potato on it!
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Had to say that Dan's comment:

"I'm here because I happened to read your post and rolled my eyes so hard I gave myself vertigo"

From the recruiter post made me fight to not laugh too loud and concern my coworkers, I'll have to remember that line!

Comments on this post

• ManiacDan agrees : *bows*
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
  8. No Profile Picture
    I haz teh codez!
    Devshed Frequenter (2500 - 2999 posts)

I ♥ ManiacDan & requinix

This is a sig, and not necessarily a comment on the OP:
    Please don't be a help vampire!
  9. CSS & JS/DOM Adept

Originally Posted by ptr2void
    Oh, you'd be surprised. I have two members in mind... (Although I'm thinking of people who I see asking CSS and JS questions, not PHP.)

Comments on this post

• Skipt agrees : ;)
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  10. Banned ;)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    Ok, this thread shows the sheer levels of stupidity of some posters. Note that a number of replies to this thread appear to be cut/paste jobs. The really humorous part is that they seem to have done some google searches and cut/paste their answers, not realizing that the same answer was already posted by others in the very same thread!

In case the mod decides to prune some of the replies, here they are, quoted for your amusement:
    Originally Posted by prog007
    Page segmentation is all about to track the site visitors like which are the landing pages and exit pages. So that you can have a brief idea that how can you improve exit pages content and design to make it more convenient for the landing user.
    The second post after this:
    Originally Posted by samdorjay
    Page segmentation is all about to track the site visitors like which are the landing pages and exit pages.
    The very next reply posted below samdorjay's:
    Originally Posted by weblinkindianet
    Page segmentation is all about to track the site visitors like which are the landing pages and exit pages.
    The second post after the above:
    Originally Posted by george88smith88
    Page segmentation is all about to track the site visitors like which are the landing pages and exit pages. So that you can have a brief idea that how can you improve exit pages content and design to make it more convenient for the landing user.
    The very next post (oh dear, it looks like ol "Kathy Green" tried to alter the language slightly to appear original, but "she" also introduced a typo in "her" reply):
    Originally Posted by kathygreen
    It’s all about to tack your website users. For an example: Which are the landing pages and exit pages. So you can get idea for how to make effective exit page content and attractive design to make it more suitable for the landing user.
    and the very next one:
    Originally Posted by Saad Host
    Page segmentation is all about to track the site visitors like which are the landing pages and exit pages
    A quick google search shows that the original reply was here:
    http://www.netbuilders.org/site-seo/...ion-28407.html

In case you're wondering if some of the other posters (e.g.) johan1 or vincewicks are original, I'm sorry to disappoint once again:
    Originally Posted by johan1
    Segmentation is all about to divide the whole page in different and particular parts of that particular product or content users are looking for in search engines.
    Originally Posted by vincewicks
    Mostly search engine Page segmentation is done primarily to reduce their levels of noise in web page. In other way,it is a study technique invented by search engines like Google in order to calculate or determine the importance or relevance of the page to the web. It will also help website owners to achieve their desired rank. I really hope this will help you to get the idea about exactly what the segmentation is in SEO.
    Both the above replies are filched from http://www.webicy.com/search-engine-...mentation.html

Comments on this post

• Skipt agrees
    Last edited by Scorpions4ever; June 16th, 2012 at 01:24 AM.
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo
  11. Eager to learn

Originally Posted by Scorpions4ever
    Ok, this thread shows the sheer levels of stupidity of some posters. Note that a number of replies to this thread appear to be cut/paste jobs. The really humorous part is that they seem to have done some google searches and cut/paste their answers, not realizing that the same answer was already posted by others in the very same thread!

In case the mod decides to prune some of the replies, here they are, quoted for your amusement:

The very next post (oh dear, it looks like ol "Kathy Green" tried to alter the language slightly to appear original, but "she" also introduced a typo in "her" reply):

and the very next one:

In case you're wondering if some of the other posters (e.g.) johan1 or vincewicks are original, I'm sorry to disappoint once again:

Both the above replies are filched from http://www.webicy.com/search-engine-...mentation.html
    lol
    "Quality of responses may vary. I reserve the right to change my mind for any reason what-so-ever without admitting I was wrong. I'd prefer to change your mind however, it's easier on my ego". - jwdonahue

"so no-one has actually bothered to post an original quote ? what's wrong with making up your own?"
    - marnixR
  12. Banned ;)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA

and the very next one:

and yet another SEO cuts/pastes his answer in the same thread:
    Originally Posted by phpdevelopment
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo
  13. I <3 ASCII

and the very next one:

Sockpuppets? Looking to game the system before spamming in their sigs?

-MBirchmeier
  14. Sarcky

I've been plagued by Arugula for far too long. Here's just one example of how ludicrous his posts can be. They're all this barely-formed stream of consciousness, randomly quoting other posters without using quotation marks or [ quote ] tags, and then rhetorical questions he answers anyway.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  15. Transforming Moderator

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo