Thread: Thread Spotting

1. Banned ;)
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    Originally Posted by Scorpions4ever
    and yet another SEO cuts/pastes his answer in the same thread:
    This guy doesn't give up. After his last cut/paste was nuked, he posts again:
    Originally Posted by phpdevelopment
    Page segmentation is all about to path the site visitors like which are the landing pages and exit pages. Page Segmentation is important generally if you consider in PR as part of your marketing plan.
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo
  2. 'fie' on me, allege-dly

In a nutshell here
    --Ax
    without exception, there is no rule ...
    Handmade Irish Jewellery
    Targeted Advertising Cookie Optout (TACO) extension for Firefox
    The great thing about Object Oriented code is that it can make small, simple problems look like large, complex ones

09 F9 11 02
    9D 74 E3 5B
    D8 41 56 C5
    63 56 88 C0
    Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use regular expressions." Now they have two problems.
    -- Jamie Zawinski
    Detavil - the devil is in the detail, allegedly, and I use the term advisedly, allegedly ... oh, no, wait I did ...
    BIT COINS ANYONE
  3. Sarcky

This guy got his answer twice and still couldn't find it.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  4. Banned (not really)

Originally Posted by ManiacDan
    This guy got his answer twice and still couldn't find it.
    Except your answer is ****. You're helping this guy change a flat tire on a car with no engine.

Also, it's not cross-posting if it's on another site. Unless phpfreaks is part of the Dev network? I don't know...

Comments on this post

• requinix agrees : we've had the cross-posting fight a few times since you've been gone
    -- Cigars, whiskey and wild, wild women. --
  5. Sarcky

Originally Posted by Sepodati
    Except your answer is ****. You're helping this guy change a flat tire on a car with no engine.
    Assuming he had nullable columns, the answer was exactly what he asked for. Once he got that, I was going to get into the question of why he was doing it that way. Turns out he made an empty column not nullable, which made my query fail.

Originally Posted by Sepodati
    Also, it's not cross-posting if it's on another site. Unless phpfreaks is part of the Dev network? I don't know...
    Debatable whether it's cross-posting or not. I didn't actually say "cross-post" nor did I warn him for the behavior. I simply linked. That's all I'm doing now, too many panties get twisted when I say "posting to two different websites wastes people's time."

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  6. Banned (not really)

Originally Posted by ManiacDan
    Once he got that, I was going to get into the question of why he was doing it that way.
    Which is wasting your time and his.

I don't really care about the x-post discussion. Do what you want in that regard.

Comments on this post

• DaWei_M agrees : Howdy
    -- Cigars, whiskey and wild, wild women. --
  7. Banned ;)

More fun with stupid SEOs.

This user pretends to be naive and posts a basic question that can be googled easily, in order to get his post count up and provoke some conversation. He posts it in a thread started by someone else
    http://forums.devshed.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=16

Then about a month later, he suddenly shows extensive knowledge about the topic. I guess he forgot that he'd pretended to be naive just two posts up:
    http://forums.devshed.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=18

Entire thread/spam fest is here:
    http://forums.devshed.com/search-eng...-898890-2.html
    Up the Irons
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo
  8. Hats off to Mr. Joseph donahue
    Devshed Novice (500 - 999 posts)

More fun with stupid SEOs.

This user pretends to be naive and posts a basic question that can be googled easily, in order to get his post count up and provoke some conversation. He posts it in a thread started by someone else
    http://forums.devshed.com/showpost.p...0&postcount=16

Then about a month later, he suddenly shows extensive knowledge about the topic. I guess he forgot that he'd pretended to be naive just two posts up:
    http://forums.devshed.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=18

Entire thread/spam fest is here:
    http://forums.devshed.com/search-eng...-898890-2.html
    I think the thread has been deleted.
  9. No Profile Picture
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

yes dawei pwns.
  10. 'fie' on me, allege-dly

OK, CERN presented in Comic Sans, let the hilariity ensue ...

http://www.theverge.com/2012/7/4/313...ns-higgs-boson

Comments on this post

• DaWei_M agrees : ;-)
    --Ax
    without exception, there is no rule ...
    Handmade Irish Jewellery
    Targeted Advertising Cookie Optout (TACO) extension for Firefox
    The great thing about Object Oriented code is that it can make small, simple problems look like large, complex ones

09 F9 11 02
    9D 74 E3 5B
    D8 41 56 C5
    63 56 88 C0
    Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use regular expressions." Now they have two problems.
    -- Jamie Zawinski
    Detavil - the devil is in the detail, allegedly, and I use the term advisedly, allegedly ... oh, no, wait I did ...
    BIT COINS ANYONE
  11. Type Cast Exception

So you think, but a subtle examination reveals it in fact to be cosmic sans ...

Comments on this post

• ManiacDan agrees : ouch
    • benno32 agrees
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  12. Sarcky

13. Banned ;)

Check out reply #3 in this thread by "micheal kolman". Dude simply googled from the web and changed a few words in his reply. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to realize that the post that he plagiarized from is the reply above his.
    Up the Irons

14. Type Cast Exception

Check out reply #3 in this thread by "micheal kolman". Dude simply googled from the web and changed a few words in his reply. Unfortunately, he doesn't seem to realize that the post that he plagiarized from is the reply above his.
    I'll do you one better, try his response here ... Doug had the right answer. I was going to remove it for inanity but I'll leave it up for humor. And it might very well be the same algorithm of "replacing a few words" you mention now that I look at it ... from the correct post above. Heh ... my oh my
    Last edited by medialint; August 8th, 2012 at 05:49 PM.
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  15. CSS & JS/DOM Adept

"Lower dining room table"? That's hilarious! I'll quote it here just in case:
    Originally Posted by Doug G
    You'll have to add a DROP TABLE before you try to recreate a new table with SELECT INTO
    Originally Posted by micheal.kolman
    You need to give a LOWER DINING ROOM TABLE prior to deciding to try to create a brand new desk using PICK OUT INTO.
    medialint disagrees: Dude, when OP said "TABLES" he was referring to DATABASE tables not DINING ROOM TABLES ... wtf!?
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo