Thread: Thread Spotting

1. Did you steal it?
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

Originally Posted by medialint
    I'll do you one better, try his response here ... Doug had the right answer. I was going to remove it for inanity but I'll leave it up for humor. And it might very well be the same algorithm of "replacing a few words" you mention now that I look at it ... from the correct post above. Heh ... my oh my
    At first glance I thought it was a Zippyism.
  2. Banned ;)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    Yep he's using the same idea in this thread as well. Quoting his reply in case that thread gets deleted.

The original poster who asked the question posted:
    Originally Posted by fred2028
    Hi,

I have a recordset from data pulled in from SQL Server. I'm wondering how I can access specific items in that recordset?

I printed rst.RecordCount and I see there are 9 records. However, if I try to access anything larger than rst.fields(0), for example, rst.fields(1), it gives me an error saying that item is not found in this collection. How would I access the other 8 items? Thanks
    Good ol' Micheal replied with
    Originally Posted by micheal.kolman
    Hello,

We have the recordset through files pulled in through SQL Server. I'm wanting to know generate income can gain access to certain objects as recordset?

We produced rst. RecordCount and We discover you will discover 9 information. On the other hand, plainly attempt to gain access to something bigger than rst. fields(0), as an example, rst. fields(1), this offers us a blunder expressing of which merchandise is not within this specific collection. The way would likely We gain access to the opposite 8 objects? Cheers.
    Incidentally, I should quote the original thread where I caught what he was up to:
    Originally Posted by abareplace
    You should extract the first subexpression by using \1 or $1 in the replacement text. Depending on the programming language that you use, it will be $1 (Perl) or \1 (Python).
    and right below it:
    Originally Posted by micheal.kolman
    You should get the very first subexpression by utilizing \1 or perhaps $1 inside substitute wording. With respect to the coding words which you work with, it'll be $1 (Perl) or perhaps \1 (Python).
    Should we keep him here for sheer entertainment value or lower the banninator hammer?
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo
  3. Banned ;)

Woodland Hills, Los Angeles County, California, USA
    Ok, micheal.kolman sounds like someone's AI bot project. Here's another instance of simply repeating the OP's question by search/replacing a few words:
    http://forums.devshed.com/ruby-progr...ne-910450.html

At this point, it isn't funny any more. I'm going to lower the banninator hammer.

Incidentally, this guy is using hidemyass to try and fake where he's coming from.
    Up the Irons
    What Would Jimi Do? Smash amps. Burn guitar. Take the groupies home.
    "Death Before Dishonour, my Friends!!" - Bruce D ickinson, Iron Maiden Aug 20, 2005 @ OzzFest
    Down with Sharon Osbourne

"I wouldn't hire a butcher to fix my car. I also wouldn't hire a marketing firm to build my website." - Nilpo
  4. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Intermediate (1500 - 1999 posts)

5. CSS & JS/DOM Adept

Originally Posted by Lux Perpetua
    It has indeed been a while.

Yes, I'd say that thread is worthy. Now should I kick a dead horse or hold my tongue...?

It's really a shame that some people react like that to how we respond to questions like this. I wonder if a psychology major has ever thought about writing a Master's thesis on interactions like in that thread...
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  6. Lord of Dorkness

Central New York. Texan via Arizona, out of his element!

;-)
    Last edited by DaWei_M; December 27th, 2012 at 12:54 PM.
    Functionality rules and clarity matters; if you can work a little elegance in there, you're stylin'.
    If you can't spell "u", "ur", and "ne1", why would I hire you? 300 baud modem? Forget I mentioned it.
    DaWei on Pointers Politically Incorrect.
  7. Type Cast Exception

Originally Posted by DaWei_M
    http://daweidesigns.netfirms.com/images/webpics/beat.jpg
    Congratulations, you're blocked by our corporate filter for malicious content (or presumably at least netfirms.com is). Hardly anything ever gets blocked, we have a pretty liberal filter. Good work :-)

Comments on this post

• codergeek42 agrees
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  8. Put a potato on it!
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

OP on that thread proceeded to write 4 consecutive posts "correcting errors" and goading Lux Perpetua, as well as calling out the forum's rep system.

That's quite a troll!
    "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities."
  9. Lord of Dorkness

Central New York. Texan via Arizona, out of his element!
    Odd, 'Lint. I posted many pics and cartoons here in the olden days, all from that site.
    Functionality rules and clarity matters; if you can work a little elegance in there, you're stylin'.
    If you can't spell "u", "ur", and "ne1", why would I hire you? 300 baud modem? Forget I mentioned it.
    DaWei on Pointers Politically Incorrect.
  10. Did you steal it?

Often we get questions that can be answered with a Google query or two. Sometimes it's just ridiculous.
  11. I <3 ASCII
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by requinix
    Often we get questions that can be answered with a Google query or two. Sometimes it's just ridiculous.
    Incognito mode? Afraid loved ones/coworkers would have caught you googling such a thing?

-MBirchmeier

Comments on this post

• ManiacDan agrees
    • requinix agrees : har har. mostly I just want to keep worthless stuff out of the omnibar
  12. --
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Hi,

I think that's just SEO. Those "What is ...?" questions all look the same and are asked by members writing only that one post.

Comments on this post

• requinix agrees : hence the lock. hadn't done a good yelling-at in a while and that thread was the perfect opportunity to get it out of my system
  13. 'fie' on me, allege-dly

--Ax
    without exception, there is no rule ...
    Handmade Irish Jewellery
    Targeted Advertising Cookie Optout (TACO) extension for Firefox
    The great thing about Object Oriented code is that it can make small, simple problems look like large, complex ones

09 F9 11 02
    9D 74 E3 5B
    D8 41 56 C5
    63 56 88 C0
    Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use regular expressions." Now they have two problems.
    -- Jamie Zawinski
    Detavil - the devil is in the detail, allegedly, and I use the term advisedly, allegedly ... oh, no, wait I did ...
    BIT COINS ANYONE
  14. I <3 ASCII
    Devshed Regular (2000 - 2499 posts)

Originally Posted by Axweildr
    Bah... mods deleted it. Why can't they leave trolls alone so we can be amused by them.

-MBirchmeier
  15. 'fie' on me, allege-dly

'twas only a troll in the making, stuff like "it's nice in here, isn't it ..." 9 of 'em
    --Ax
    without exception, there is no rule ...
    Handmade Irish Jewellery
    Targeted Advertising Cookie Optout (TACO) extension for Firefox
    The great thing about Object Oriented code is that it can make small, simple problems look like large, complex ones

09 F9 11 02
    9D 74 E3 5B
    D8 41 56 C5
    63 56 88 C0
    Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use regular expressions." Now they have two problems.
    -- Jamie Zawinski
    Detavil - the devil is in the detail, allegedly, and I use the term advisedly, allegedly ... oh, no, wait I did ...
    BIT COINS ANYONE

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo