Thread: Thread Spotting

1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed God 1st Plane (5500 - 5999 posts)

These two guys are driving me crazy:
    http://forums.devshed.com/t245865/s.html
    http://forums.devshed.com/t246538/s.html

First, ralphuk100 hijacked liagjpanq's thread (#2) and we had some little argument about it. But now, before I can even reply again there, liagjpanq hijacked ralphuk100's thread (#1) in return!?!?.

Know what? I guess I'll go the line of the least resistance and delete both of them... Some days...

M.

Comments on this post

• nnxion agrees : Brilliant: http://forums.devshed.com/showpost.php?p=1069754
  3. Cunning Linguist
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I used to live at home, now I stay at the house
    Heh, and he's not even a n00b!
    Last edited by ChiefWigs1982; April 30th, 2005 at 07:09 AM. Reason: Sig not displaying proply...
  5. Cliff Huxtable
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

Originally Posted by Sepodati
    Fun stuff. I wish I had a little cash so I could buy out offers like this and load it up completely with 200GB of files, like computer said. Post links all over and have people hit it over and over...

---John Holmes...

After a little coaxing, I might be willing to finance said operation. Just because lessons need to be taught. If any of y'all are interested PM me and tell me what you wanna do and how we will not be legally liable for this kid's demise.

-Taylor
    Pop, OJ, Purple Stuff, and ... Sunny D! Wow, dude -- Your Mom is the coolest! Thanks Mrs. D!
  7. Banned (not really)

Originally Posted by medianox
    After a little coaxing, I might be willing to finance said operation. Just because lessons need to be taught. If any of y'all are interested PM me and tell me what you wanna do and how we will not be legally liable for this kid's demise.
    lol... will do that the next time I see an offer like this...

---John Holmes...
    -- Cigars, whiskey and wild, wild women. --
  9. Banned (not really)

Here is a nice one where a guy is looking to open a file and search it... or so it seems.

---John Holmes...
  11. Type Cast Exception

Originally Posted by Sepodati
    Here is a nice one where a guy is looking to open a file and search it... or so it seems.

---John Holmes...
    I mean look at how spartan the code on Google's page is. How hard can it be? fill in the blanks ...
    medialint.com

“Today you are You, that is truer than true. There is no one alive who is Youer than You.” - Dr. Seuss
  13. Banned (not really)

Originally Posted by medialint
    Ah, oops. I made his square red... darn.

---John Holmes...
  15. CAUTION: Loderator Moose
    Devshed Loyal (3000 - 3499 posts)

betta spead the love sep to make up for that .. ^
    Nigel
    ..Seeking code free nirvana...
    Nigel Fernandes Blog
    Never argue with fools. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Manchester United Forever
  17. Cliff Huxtable
    Devshed Beginner (1000 - 1499 posts)

here's one from the lounge:
    Clickster
    Wigs shows this guy whats up.

This guy is perhaps the biggest toolbox on the board - look at his avatar.

Comments on this post

• B-Con agrees : $rep++ for the "new and improved" avatar :)
    Pop, OJ, Purple Stuff, and ... Sunny D! Wow, dude -- Your Mom is the coolest! Thanks Mrs. D!
  19. Crypto-Con

Originally Posted by medianox
    here's one from the lounge:
    Clickster
    Wigs shows this guy whats up.

This guy is perhaps the biggest toolbox on the board - look at his avatar.
    lol....

you'd think he'd want to hide the fact that he knows that, not tout it
    - "Cryptographically secure linear feedback shift register based stream ciphers" -- a phrase that'll get any party started.
    - Why know the ordinary when you can understand the extraordinary?
    - Sponsor my caffeine addiction! (36.70 USD received so far -- Latest donor: Mark Foxvog.
    )
  21. No Profile Picture
    Brony & F/OSS Advocate

I'd thought I'd add another post in here because of the tenacity of its resourcefulness. (Um...big words. I know. I'm sorry B-Con! )

Anyways, in a thread entitled "What is meant by recursion?", The Dark explains it beautifully.
    ~~ Peter ~~ :: ( Who am I? ) :: ( Peter's Musings: Uploading myself, bit by bit... ) :: ( Electronic Frontier Foundation ) :: ( I'm a GNU/Linux addict and Free Software Advocate. ) :: ( How to Ask Questions the Smart Way ) :: ( The Fedora Project, sponsored by Red Hat ) :: ( GNOME: The Free Software Desktop Project ) :: ( GnuPG Public Key ) :: ( About me on the WIki )
  23. Crypto-Con

wtf? "resourcefulness"? um, what's that mean? speak in troll language, please, this is the Lounge, after all

wow, that's a great thread, there's so much rep that can be spread.... everyone go there and spread rep around!

(me, I've given out too much rep in the past 24 hrs, could only give one as of now )
    - "Cryptographically secure linear feedback shift register based stream ciphers" -- a phrase that'll get any party started.
    - Why know the ordinary when you can understand the extraordinary?
    - Sponsor my caffeine addiction! (36.70 USD received so far -- Latest donor: Mark Foxvog.
    )
  25. CAUTION: Loderator Moose

funny :from the beginner programming forum

hey people, dont know how many of you visit the beginners forums. i go there rarely.. but i did just today and i found this really funny post referred to in the forum sticky. please rep the dude if you see him posting anywhere.. think he's normally in the c fourm.

opinions on laguages...

Originally Posted by grumpy

TASK: Shoot yourself in the foot.

C: You shoot yourself in the foot.

C++: You accidentally create a dozen instances of yourself and shoot them all in the foot. Providing emergency medical assistance is impossible since you can't tell which are bitwise copies and which are just pointing at others and saying,"That's me, over there."

FORTRAN: You shoot yourself in each toe until you run out of toes, then you read in the next foot and repeat. If you run out of bullets, you continue with the attempts to shoot yourself anyway because you have no exception-handling capability.

Pascal: The compiler won't let you shoot yourself in the foot, no matter how much you need to.

Ada: After correctly packing your foot, you attempt to concurrently load the gun, pull the trigger, scream, and shoot yourself in the foot. When you try, however, you discover you can't because your foot is of the wrong type.

COBOL: Using a COLT 45 HANDGUN, AIM gun at LEG.FOOT, THEN place ARM.HAND.FINGER on HANDGUN.TRIGGER and SQUEEZE. THEN return HANDGUN to HOLSTER. CHECK whether shoelace needs to be re-tied.

LISP: You shoot yourself in the appendage which holds the gun with which you shoot yourself in the appendage which holds the gun with which you shoot yourself in the appendage which holds the gun with which you shoot yourself in the appendage which holds the gun with which you shoot yourself in the appendage which holds the gun with which you shoot yourself in the appendage which holds...

FORTH: Foot in yourself shoot.

Prolog: You tell your program that you want to be shot in the foot. The program figures out how to do it, but the syntax doesn't permit it to explain it to you.

BASIC: Shoot yourself in the foot with a water pistol. On large systems, continue until entire lower body is waterlogged.

Visual Basic: You'll really only appear to have shot yourself in the foot, but you'll have had so much fun doing it that you won't care.

HyperTalk: Put the first bullet of gun into foot left of leg of you. Answer the result.

Motif: You spend days writing a UIL description of your foot, the bullet, its trajectory, and the intricate scrollwork onthe ivory handles of the gun. When you finally get around to pulling the trigger, the gun jams.

APL: You shoot yourself in the foot, then spend all day figuring out how to do it in fewer characters.

SNOBOL: If you succeed, shoot yourself in the left foot. If you fail, shoot yourself in the right foot.

Unix:% ls foot.c foot.h foot.o toe.c toe.o % rm * .o rm:.o no such file or directory % ls %

Concurrent Euclid: You shoot yourself in somebody else's foot.

370 JCL: You send your foot down to MIS and include a 400-page document explaining exactly how you want it to be shot. Three years later, your foot comes back deep-fried.

Paradox: Not only can you shoot yourself in the foot, your users can, too.

Access: You try to point the gun at your foot, but it shoots holes in all your Borland distribution diskettes instead.

Revelation: You're sure you're going to be able to shoot yourself in the foot, just as soon as you figure out what all these nifty little bullet-thingies are for.

Assembler: You try to shoot yourself in the foot, only to discover you must first invent the gun, the bullet, the trigger, and your foot.

Modula2: After realizing that you can't actually accomplish anything in this language, you shoot yourself in the head.
    not only funny but i do agree with all this..
    Last edited by oneMSBi; May 1st, 2005 at 05:36 AM. Reason: typos
    Nigel
    Nigel Fernandes Blog
    Never argue with fools. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

27. No Profile Picture
    Brony & F/OSS Advocate

Merged thread "funny :from the beginner programming forum" into this thread.
    ~~ Peter ~~ :: ( Who am I? ) :: ( Peter's Musings: Uploading myself, bit by bit... ) :: ( Electronic Frontier Foundation ) :: ( I'm a GNU/Linux addict and Free Software Advocate. ) :: ( How to Ask Questions the Smart Way ) :: ( The Fedora Project, sponsored by Red Hat ) :: ( GNOME: The Free Software Desktop Project ) :: ( GnuPG Public Key ) :: ( About me on the WIki )
  29. CAUTION: Loderator Moose

thanks coder... sorry bout that.. should have posted here at first... hey when did this thread become a forum sticky ?
    Nigel
    Nigel Fernandes Blog

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo