1. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User
    Devshed Newbie (0 - 499 posts)

Need a good video converter

Most all free video converters out there put watermarks on the videos that they produce. Or limit you in other ways. I`m looking for a video converter that will convert my MPG file videos from my camcorder to MP4 format so I can put the videos on my IPAD.
    What is a good converter, which I`ll probably have to pay for, that will convert many diferent formats?
    Thanks
  3. CSS & JS/DOM Adept
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I use HandBreak to convert videos to M4V (Apple's variant of MP4) for my iPhone. HandBreak is an open-source, cross-platform app that seems to support converting videos for display on an iPad as well.
    Spreading knowledge, one newbie at a time.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  5. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I`m using the trial version of that program now, but it costs $65 to register to get the full version. Does this convert almost any format? Cause it will have to in order for me to consider $65.
    I was wondering, there has to be a cheaper program that does the same?
  7. CSS & JS/DOM Adept

Eh? HandBreak is freeware.

Check out my blog. | Learn CSS. | PHP includes | X/HTML Validator | CSS validator | Common CSS Mistakes | Common JS Mistakes

Remember people spend most of their time on other people's sites (so don't violate web design conventions).
  9. Sarcky

Like he's said twice now, Handbrake is free. Where do you see it for money?
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  11. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

YES Handbrake is FREE, but will watermark every video you convert till you pay to get the full version.
    I dont want watermarks on my videos.
  13. CSS & JS/DOM Adept

What watermarks? You seem to be talking about a different application than Dan and I are.

15. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I`m using Handbrake 0.9.5 (2011010300) and the watermark I speak of is in the center of all videos I encode. It has the name "Wondershare" in white letters.

Under its Wiki it says Handbrake is... "HandBrake is an open-source, GPL-licensed, multiplatform, multithreaded video transcoder, available for MacOS X, Linux and Windows".

Is this the same program you guys use?
  17. Sarcky

You stumbled across a company that sells you free software for more than $0. Go get it for free for real from the link I provided.
    HEY! YOU! Read the New User Guide and Forum Rules

"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"The greatest tragedy of this changing society is that people who never knew what it was like before will simply assume that this is the way things are supposed to be." -2600 Magazine, Fall 2002

Think we're being rude? Maybe you asked a bad question or you're a Help Vampire. Trying to argue intelligently? Please read this.
  19. No Profile Picture
    Lost in code

I haven't used Handbrake before, but Format Factory and SUPER are both good free video converters also.
    PHP FAQ

Originally Posted by Spad
    Ah USB, the only rectangular connector where you have to make 3 attempts before you get it the right way around
  21. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I am also using Handbrake. Till now no complaints.
  23. No Profile Picture
    Contributing User

I used handbreak and its working good for me. And I didn't use xilisoft.. but i have heard about it when i googled it. Has any1 any review abt it ? than pls share..
  25. No Profile Picture

Handbrake for sure. I have also heard of VLC players for iOS. Anyone have any experience with these apps?
  27. No Profile Picture

Leawo MP4 Converter is a clean and totally free MP4 Converter you can download it free.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo