• Using it once in a while
    100.00%
  • The worst place to look
    0%

Thread: About w3schools

1. Lord of the Dance
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

About w3schools

Just wanted to know what the general opinion are for the w3shools?

I know there are a few people that is really fighting against it, and some who is referring to w3fools.com.
    But seeing that w3fools has said it has been improved, I am now wondering how bad it really is.

Personally, I don't have enough any validated experience to really say if it is good or bad.

I hope this topic won't tun on the flame (too much).
  3. 'fie' on me, allege-dly
    Devshed Supreme Being (6500+ posts)

I think the big issue is the name ... its a bit close to W3C, and that's what got a lot of hackles up. IIRC, there was a rush of new bohemian hipster dudes who decided it didnt fit with their ethos, dissed it, and that was the start of it. When it comes to free online resources, ya get what you pay for and in that context it represents at the very least some value for money, but ymmv ...
    --Ax
    without exception, there is no rule ...
    Handmade Irish Jewellery
    Targeted Advertising Cookie Optout (TACO) extension for Firefox
    The great thing about Object Oriented code is that it can make small, simple problems look like large, complex ones

09 F9 11 02
    9D 74 E3 5B
    D8 41 56 C5
    63 56 88 C0
    Some people, when confronted with a problem, think "I know, I'll use regular expressions." Now they have two problems.
    -- Jamie Zawinski
    Detavil - the devil is in the detail, allegedly, and I use the term advisedly, allegedly ... oh, no, wait I did ...
    BIT COINS ANYONE
  5. Lord of the Dance
    Devshed Expert (3500 - 3999 posts)

Just had a closer look, and can see there are some points that are missing, including a (visible?) lack of any reference to the official sites, like w3c.org, mysql.com and php.net.

I guess they also "win" by having a easier/direct access to all the more popular languages in one place.
    Especially with their reference lists.

If there are any another place with same kind of overview, please tell.

IMN logo majestic logo threadwatch logo seochat tools logo